Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE WEEK, Dec. 15-Dec. 21 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/818714-exercise-week-dec-15-dec-21-a.html)

mykneesareback 12-14-2013 09:59 PM

EXERCISE WEEK, Dec. 15-Dec. 21

1 Attachment(s)
Turned out to be a better week of movement than I had thought, this time of year is nonsense for trying to keep up with routines of any kind at all.........

Keep doing what you are doing, try to enjoy it, and push through it, the sun will shine with some warmth again at some point. I see walking in stores to be a bonus this time of year, usually don't go to so many so often.

Shalbrihil 12-15-2013 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Going to try to do more walking this week. :)

mykneesareback 12-15-2013 06:49 PM

I didn't do a danged thing today, got a package together, dug out some more boxes of decorations to put way up high, grandson likes to "spot" something different when he comes........we have snowmen and women from Hallmark to discover. Yakked on the phone with mother in law, plan to call my mom in an hour or so. Tomorrow, we need to run several errands all over several different areas, so will be busy walking, dh will stay in the car, his hip and leg are bothering him, ever since he fell on the ice.

modon69478 12-15-2013 07:13 PM

Doris, I don't remember reading that your husband fell on the ice - I'm so sorry to hear this - I hope he's not too sore for too long!

Darn ice,
Michele

mykneesareback 12-15-2013 07:29 PM

He fell on Monday, went out front early, with his robe and house shoes no less, to put mail into the box in case the mail finally came, and I just saw him when he was picking himself up, and then trying to gather the mail......later on, he had clothes on and his boots with better soles, scares the heck out of me...........I want him to buy those grippers to attach to the bottom of his shoes, but he says he is ok, since he worked for years out in the snow and stuff............MEN!!! It's the side where he had 2 hip replacements already, and he limps terribly, our son and daughter in law also commented on it, but dh won't budge that it's just arthritis. Sorry to go on and on, but it worries me as to him needing another operation soon. :(:(

Michele, do you wear grippers on your shoes or something like that, you get ice there too. ?

Loretta V 12-16-2013 08:35 AM

No exercise yesterday, but back on the Shawnee Road circuit today.

Doris, I hope your DH's hip is just a sore spot and will heal up.

Love your new avatar Michele.

mykneesareback 12-16-2013 02:20 PM

Walked all over Target and all over Wal Mart, and still not quite done, mailing stuff off mostly.

Will get the squats done in here tonight, while I'm alone.................enuf said. January will be a better month than this one!!

modon69478 12-16-2013 02:30 PM

No, Doris, I don't use the grippers, but I'm not out too often where there's ice. If I lived up where you do, I'd probably get some - my balance is not as good as it used to be.

:)

Michele

mykneesareback 12-16-2013 06:57 PM

I'm glad you don't need "grippers" Michele!

Did the bathroom counter pushups this evening, that's it for today.

mykneesareback 12-17-2013 04:04 PM

Walked and walked and walked, stairs, long hallways on the wrong floor !!!! and so forth, parking lots, etc. but it was a lovely day, no jacket needed, no wind. That's it, kids are coming, we are babysitting.

mykneesareback 12-18-2013 05:45 PM

Once again, walked and walked again, dh decided we needed to go to the Mall again, so we enjoyed it, found a good parking spot, and weather was great. Went to the doctor's office, and suddenly decided to stop at the market for milk, only to buy lots of fresh fruit because we were out and grandson also loves fresh fruit, lol. So walked the store from end to end, but not quickly, and they take the cart out with you. That's it for me, have "stuff" to do now and tomorrow might start the baking.

Loretta V 12-18-2013 06:31 PM

Did walk and get that workout done today. Somedays I only get half a workout. we have some rain days heading our way and that will limit the walks.

mykneesareback 12-19-2013 01:03 PM

I'm doing next to nothing today, trying to get wrapping, cards and baking done today...................

Loretta V 12-19-2013 02:33 PM

Doris that sounds like more exercise than a workout.

Walk and workout today as usual.

mykneesareback 12-19-2013 08:08 PM

Got the 6 lb. weights done tonight, but that's it for extra..........
Wrapping takes up so much time, Loretta, I don't know why I'm so slow at it.

mykneesareback 12-20-2013 11:21 AM

Did some spot cleaning of the rug, and just wrapping stuff, searching for boxes, and fooling around, besides feeding dh...........will poop out at the hairdressers, except she likes to yak.

Loretta V 12-20-2013 12:06 PM

Shorter walk due to rain. Got the workout done.

mykneesareback 12-21-2013 05:47 PM

Nothing today, stood in the kitchen for hrs. making cookies, washing dishes, cooking dinner, lunch, you name it, and then laundry here and there. Not in the mood to do anything, to be honest.

LoveMontana 12-21-2013 08:44 PM

Oh dear, sorry I've not been in here, but I have been walking for about two hours every day and using the light hand weights. Just no time to post.:o