LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 11

I'm starting this early, dh wants me to watch tv with him, sorry if it messes people up, don't mean to.

Lainey, things are moving fast for you, wow! Hoping Mary Anne gets some good medical care going for her right away, poor lady!!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Hi!
Had a nice time eating out tonight. Food and company good.
Lainey, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THAT MAN OR HIS DAUGHTER !!! Be very careful.
Louise, I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes.
Mary, how did the supper for the sisters go?
Everyone, be so very careful with all the bad weather......bbl
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Julie, there is no money to send anyone even if I wanted to. I am being careful as I know full well when something is "too good to be true it generally is". I admit that I want it with all my heart but am leary none the less.
elaine
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning to all and later too. Thankyee Doris.

I am committed to Mary Ann's cataract surgeries and am not going to make more commitments as I fret too much about them. Christmas with my Niece is worrying me now as well.
Hope all is going ok for Louise and Susan and Verleen. I am facing that bladder tuck which I dread but I muddle through some how. Of course I'll have to count on Mary Ann to take me and bring me home... we do need each other for sure.
bbt
e.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Checking in tonight to let you know tonight's dinner went well...nothing special, leftover tortilla soup, the lovely Costco kale salad (I really like that stuff and have decided that's the only way you'll get me to eat raw kale...don't even like the dried stuff, but will eat it cooked like good southern greens) and had the girls make sandwiches...I was planing on an antipasto but decided to leave all the stuff in the jars, and laid out the breads and cold cuts...one of the girls and I made ours into a panini. I stopped at the Persian store today to pick up a couple of things so added couple of flatbreads, and a biiiiiig thingie of baklava. Now I'll have to find someone to whom to give the rest of it...but the one small piece I had was certainly good.(this was the first kale and baklava for one of them...tee hee)

Stopped by the Family History Center and will start pulling a shift there after the holidays, so had a good chat with the director.

Good luck, Lainey, I wish you the best...just be careful as Julie said...I'm sure you have learned my not to protect yourself in the clinches.

Will check in in the morning...sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #6

Off to the blood tests and errands, wishing everyone a GOOD day, if it's possible................
Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everyone,

Doris, thanks again for the start off. So what did you two watch last evening?

Good luck with the blood work.

Lainey, as Julie said, "be very, very careful".

Mary, oh yes Baklavah is wonderful!!! I used to make it often when I was married to the Greek.

Have you ever tried kale chips with salt on them? They are pretty darned good.

Heading out to poke around, if it's not too crowded.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checking in this morning. I was up before the sun rose this morning AND I didn't make any trips to the loo all night; the first time since I don't remember when. Strange to sleep seven hours.

One of my smoke alarms started "chirping" at me yesterday, so while the girls were here, I tried to replace the battery. (didn't want to get up on the ladder while alone in the house...stupid, huh?) Replaced the battery, but then it would test out, so gotta call the owner to get it replaced. Problem was, tho', there was still a chirping going on so had to go on a hunt to find which one had low battery. Finally did so, but can't open the furshlugener thing to change battery....jeeeez!

Anyway, nothing planned for me so don't know what kind of trouble I will find. Have a great day, folks, stay warm, dry and safe. Doris, I'm really hoping your roads are dry, or at least not iced up.

p.s. Yep, tried 'em and didn't care for them...strangely, tho', I do like the seaweed snacks. Go figure!

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-11-2013 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning and thanx for the start Doris.

Mary...is MI-5 still on? If so, when? I also really liked that show and was shocked when they killed off a favorite character, though I never watched it regularly so never quite figured out who was who.

Lainey....as Julie says.....please be very careful. I know of very few Internet relationships that end well and so many are frauds. That being said, I do hope yours is the exception, but please be VERY wary.

Have a good one, everyone. I am maintaining my weight loss and I figure this time of year, that is the best I can hope for.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey lady, hope your area is starting to warm up a bit...we're expecting 80-degree weather next we...

As far as I know, MI-5 is no longer on air. They continued several years after they killed Tom off which was my fav. I have friends who continued to watch after that, but I couldn't...just wasn't the same.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the advice all...

Yes! I am being careful. The computer though makes ever one a click away and all their information pert near. I e-mailed him last night to wait till after Jan. 3rd and then I will fly there to his and daughter Rose's home. SILENCE so far... hmmmm. When did I ever get what I wanted anyway?
Gotta go- going with Mary Anne to take Missy to the groomers and warning, warning Steinbeck's and Pier 1 Imports are on either side of Pet's Smart!!!! It is only pictures of dead presidents anyway!
bbl
Old 12-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Afternoon and Hump Day to ALL,

I think I have turned a corner re the soreness/pain. I stepped up the pain meds the last two days and this morning I am feeling much better. I am very grateful for these small mercies. Onwards and Upwards to recovery.
DD will be over here soon to replenish my groceries, nothing wrong with my appetite. Ha! We can have a little visit before she goes to school to pick up DGD and then they will come back here for supper. Her DH is in Turkey this week on business.
The sun is shining at the moment seems the snow squalls have ended, the last two days lots of nasty driving weather. I am glad I was laying low and cosy resting at home.

Julie, that is great advice for our Lainey.
You asked about DS where he will live. It will be in the Orlando area close to his head office. He knows that area well as he lived there before and still has lots of friends there. He will still have to travel back and forth to Europe though.

Lainey, I know you are a sensible lady and will take all this in your stride.. Hope all the surgeries go smoothly once they get under way. Yes, you both need each other at times like this.

Babette, I think MI5 is on BBC Canada channel, it is up here. Hope that helps.

Waving to ALL and hope to check back later...
Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #13

So Susan, does that mean, if you visit Florida again, that is where you will go, or do you prefer another part of the state, closer to the ocean and less people? I'm not familiar with Florida, but son would like to go there one day to see Disney World, so might make it there after all. Glad the meds are helping you get through the day and feel better!.

Linda, we watched the Victoria's Secret show, and had some good laughs!!

Mary, how neat for you to have a shift at the genealogy center after the holidays, good use of your knowledge to help other people and be social, too!!
Freeze some baklava and have some every now and then, it ain't gonna kill yah!

Michele, are you on your business trip?

Begete, maintaining is what dietitians all recommend, and continuing daily exercise routine.............of course, quite easily said, but not so easily done..

Went Christmas shopping, after dh's blood tests, and dh bought me a record player!! It's what I've wanted for some time..........lol.

Off to fix supper, it's still chilly here, but the roads are better.

Hang in there, friends!!!.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Yes it does mean that. When DS lived there before DH and I would stay with him and use his place as a base and then drive off to the coast and stay there for a few days.
Orlando is an easy airport to fly into. A direct flight from here is only 3 hours by Westjet.

DD and DGD are on their way so I had better put the oven on. It is really dark out there already.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote