LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 9

Who will get their errands run this week? I'd better be one of those people!!!

Safe travels, friends, it's miserable out there, freezing fog, come on, Mother Nature
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1235272_666027436763817_1706537175_n.jpg (33.7 KB, 2 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris , growing up is a trap.

Not much going on with us for Monday. Roads might not be very good at all. We shall see in the AM.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
love that avatar.

Just got back from the Christmas cantata and a prelude to christmas display of nativity scenes...I don't know how many but over a thousand for sure and no duplicates. It's amazing what the artists can do.

Going to be busy tomorrow night, as I'm taking the elder missionaries out to dinner since they can't came to my house, I'll take 'em to a restaurant.

Tucking into the covers and settling in for the night.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
We have a furnace problem. The repairman has been here all night and still working. The motor burned out because the ductwork was too small. We are lucky that we had a second furnace for the upstairs. So I've been warm and toasty. And we have backup wall mount electrical units that we can and did set up and provided some heat to the downstairs, in the bird room for example. We have the puppies in there too.

We did go to the open house at the colonial historical home. They had it all decorated for Christmas and served refreshments. I bought a cherry pie for dessert for dinner. It was very good. We watched a colonial looming demonstration. And they had colonial musical presentations, which was excellent as well.

Tomorrow, actually today, will be a new day, one hopefully with heat to the downstairs. We are lucky that this happened when the temps were in the low 20s, rather than below zero which it can go to. We are lucky to have backup systems to heat our home. And a backup electrical system (the generator) should the power go out.

Our daughter in Dallas has her problems too. During a storm, a large tree fell and did some damage and she lost power too. And no backup systems.

Mary, so glad you enjoyed your Christmas cantata. Any pictures? See you in the morning.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning all-

Have been lurking since energy level is pretty low. My most recent CT scans indicate additional cancer within my abdomen. Not what I wanted to hear but, on a hopeful note, my oncologist has more tricks up his sleeve and is recommending Avastin, a medication that blocks blood supply to the tumors. There are quite a few women who have had stable disease with this treatment. Monday the 16th I will have kidney stents placed - tumors are pressing on the ureters and the last thing I need is kidney blockage. Prayers and healing thoughts are most welcome!

On a lighter note, Libby the cat woke me up at 2 a.m. playing on the bed. Bob was still up and I went out to the living room to say hello when it dawned on me - what was Libby playing with? He went to check and sure enough, she had a field mouse. Bob captured it in a coffee can and put it outside and Libby searched all over for it afterwards. Yes, I am very glad she is a good mouser, but next time I don't think she needs to come show me her "prize." Yuck!

Have a good day everyone!

-Louise
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/121/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Hi Louise good to hear from you. So sorry to hear about more problems but happy that the doctor has more "tricks up his sleeve" for your treatment. My prayers are with you. Yikes on the cat bringing the mouse for show and tell.

Verleen glad you are getting that furnace fixed. Glad you are getting out and about and enjoyed the Historical event.

Lots of snow here for "before" winter" arrives. That will make winter seem a lot longer.

HI to all, stay safe and warm.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Love the joke Doris. Yes, it is a trap for sure.

Oh Louise, not the news you wanted to hear ever. and for you on this journey. Those anti-angiogenesis drugs work wonders I have heard and hold great promise. When can you start the med?
Lots of and healing thoughts for next Monday's surgery too.

Poor little Libby looking for her trophy, she is doing what comes naturally. I needed her last Winter.

Verleen, glad to hear that you have that back up furnace to keep You and your little critters warm.

Loretta, sounds like you have a Winter Wonderland in your neck of the woods.

Linda, the roads here are terrible too. Snow is falling mixed with freezing rain. I am staying home. DD said it took her two hours to get DGD to school this morning the traffic was heavy and slow.

Mary, save some energy for your dinner plans this evening.

Lainey, What are you up to today?

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 12-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
(((((((((Weezie))))))))

Have a busy day planned. Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all..sunny and 41 degrees when I finally got up this morning at 9:30. Couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock but I was grateful for the sleep...of course, got up several times for a trip to the loo, but stil...9:30, jeez!

Louise so sorry to hear the c is spreading, but happy to hear your doc has "more up his sleeve." There are so many advances being made daily, I hope the new meds are effective. Best wishes on the upcoming surgery and sending prayers and good vibes from here. huggggggs

Verleen What a time to discover you've heater problems but you are so right it could be worse, the temps could be much lower. I'm sure your heater guy is charging an arm and a leg 'cause he must be busy.

Louise What a great cat, I hoped you praised her for her trophy...they're just doin' what comes naturally bringing food for her alpha...if ever a cat had an alpha as dogs do. Of course, with cats being nocturnal animals it makes it difficult for us diurnal animals.

Susan safe travels and I'm sending a few good vibes your way, too.

a note for all. I still can't post pictures from my camera. Don't know why it won't, I've downloaded the program from Samsung, but the 'puter won't start it...I do have a snapfish account so may try that next. One of the ladies at the church is an IT prof at the uni, so when I get to know her better, I may ask her for a fix. AND I don't even think of recording pictures anymore...so may have to work on that as well.

I have to check my calendar on my phone now whenever I'm talking to anybody about doing anything...my dance card is filling up with very few empty spaces for the rest of the year.,,,jeez, I wanted to get a little busier, but my troggy days are calling. On top of that, the bishop has asked me to be a greeter on Sundays. (I can't help thinking of the Wally World greeters of little ol' folks. Plus, I'm so new to the church, I'm think I feel strange greeting people who helped settle this church more than 30 years ago....sigh!)

Guess that'll do it for now, sorry for the long ramblin' text. Gotta package up and freeze leftovers and do some wash before going to supper tonight with the elders...I asked them to include any other elders that are available tonight so don't know how many will be there, probably only the two but who knows?

Have a great day folks, stay warm, dry, and safe....if it's slippery out, be very, very cautious. hugs to all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #10

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Louise, I'm sorry your tests are not coming out too well, but your doctor seems to have a plan of attack ready to go for you, hang tough! This doctor is on top of the latest methods, so that is something to be thankful for!! Lack of energy is a bummer, doggone it........hugs to you! Your cat story is one of the reason's we don't have one anymore, oh goodness! I have a "thing" about mice, anyway.

Mary, boy gal, you are the "chosen one" now, you are able to use your talents cheering up other people, and the pastor noticed that right away, it isn't easy being a "greeter"!! Enjoy the meal out with the elders!

Linda, I wonder if you could get out to travel or not today?

Verleen, as you say, at least the furnace went out now and not when it's 0 degrees and everyone is calling for help. The colonial home tour sounds wonderful to me, glad you could go.

Begete, hope all your plans for today go smoothly, so you can get home and stay put and not be on the roads.

Loretta, stay safe, what kind of heat do you have where you live now, wood stove, oil, electric, propane??

Michele, wonder if you have gone on your working trip for this week already?

Waving at Lainey, might be raining there, or worse.

We have such ice on the front stoop, poor mail lady had to walk up to deliver a package with the mail, but she was brave and smiling. That ice is so thick, we should have brought our pick and shovel from the mountains along after all. Still sheet of ice in the back alley way, too. We have to leave Wednesday early for dh's regular blood tests, so hoping most of it will be gone by then.

Take care of yourselves, all hands on deck!!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got distracted cleaning the leftovers out of my fridge so didn't get to the wash until a few minutes ago...just means I'll be folding clothes when I get back from dinner with the elders. My mom used to clean out the fridge almost weekly, or at the most bi-weekly depending on how much was left over after the hungry hordes got through with it. Mom never knew how many laps would be at the table until she dished it up...with two brothers and a "little" me, our friends knew there was always extra on the table and didn't hesitate to come by. After my brothers left, there was always a lot more leftovers. She always cleaned the fridge on Saturday so I could help her "clean up." Everything went into a pot with a little tomato sauce and whatever veggies mom felt like throwing in (potatoes, carrots, celery, etc) and then we'd have "stewp" for supper.

Me. I packaged up about five different dishes and threw them into the freezer..which is already full. I keep a list on my fridge of stuff I've hidden there. While I'm packaging it up, I get ideas of how to use 'em; like my Spanish rice, of which there is a lot, I was thinking with a little added meats and different seasonings would make a great jambalaya, so am eagerly awaiting that. I even had some short ribs I bought last week that I had to cook up, since it will be at least Thursday before I could eat 'em...so now they'll be even better for marrying in the fridge for a few days (of course, I had to taste one and they turned out pretty good...sounds like a good "hot pot" for whenever I get to them.

Got another invite for my busy schedule...Monday evening the sisterhood's "Friends Forever" has their monthly get-together, so looking forward to that. It was so much fun last month and I'm getting to know the ladies and making some new friends....busy, busy, busy...gotta run for my dinner with the elders...more Mexican food but I haven't been to the restaurant since DH passed away and really enjoy their food.

Hope you all had a great day and stayed warm, dry and safe...type ya later, or manana. hugs to all

p.s. Just heard on the news that Eleanor Parker (sound of music, etc) died this morning at age 91 (I think I heard that right)..hugs and prayers for her family.

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-09-2013 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: add p.s.