Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE WEEK, Dec. 8-Dec. 14 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/818344-exercise-week-dec-8-dec-14-a.html)

mykneesareback 12-07-2013 04:55 PM

EXERCISE WEEK, Dec. 8-Dec. 14

Starting this EARLY, have a busy evening, watching boxing with dh, :D

mykneesareback 12-08-2013 06:46 AM

Indoor exercises will be weights lifting, bed pushups, and decorating the tree, once and for all...............that is the plan currently.

Loretta V 12-08-2013 04:55 PM

I walked today since the roads were a little better with only a few patches of ice.

I think I will skip the walk in the am though because it will be dark and I won't be able to see as well. Also the temperature will probably be near freezing or below.

SuSUN 12-08-2013 05:04 PM

Just ROM exercises today.

I had more energy yesterday, less today.

mykneesareback 12-08-2013 05:38 PM

I didn't do anything extra, besides what I posted, thought I might, though ;);)

Several people on the web site for our neighborhood warned about the back alley and the thick ice there, someone pulled out of their garage and slid into the fence of the house behind them........my dh didn't believe it, until he went out back, and saw all the ice, the middle of the alley has a gully like area, that fills up and freezes over.

LoveMontana 12-08-2013 07:55 PM

Walked two hours in doors at Lowe's today and did use the light hand weight this evening.

Loretta V 12-09-2013 06:43 AM

Got my exercise workout done today. Only saw one car in the ditch on my way into Paducah. The roads were not too bad here but they had a lot more snow than we did out in the country.

mykneesareback 12-09-2013 10:52 AM

Watched others slipping and sliding on the sidewalks out front, but the street looks clear of ice now. dh also fell while going out to the mailbox :annoyed:

Stepping up and down the rebounder with my right let that has no boot......and sideways walking to Tony Joe White songs on youtube. The weights will come later when dh takes his nap.

mykneesareback 12-10-2013 01:04 PM

Line dancing with boot on, sideways, back and forth, could do it without tripping now......................lol

Walked out in the back alley, only a bit of ice in the middle now, so it's okay to be fooling around out there. Searched and found our old Christmas Tree, so dh put it up in the tv room, now have to decorate it.

Squats here in the office, by myself, don't want dh to see THAT !!!

LoveMontana 12-10-2013 04:07 PM

LOL getting used to that boot now Doris? Just be careful and don't trip.

Because of the weather, been doing laps at either Lowe's or the mall.

Loretta V 12-10-2013 04:47 PM

Managed a walk late in the day today after it warmed up a bit.

Workout done early. Been busy wrapping up some presents for Christmas.

SuSUN 12-10-2013 06:01 PM

Just ROM exercises so keeping the arm joint limbered up.

Yes, Doris, glad you are able to line dance without tripping with your boot.

Good for you Loretta, wrapping presents already.

Linda, great idea you have at this time of year to Walk at the Big stores.

mykneesareback 12-10-2013 06:35 PM

Actually, when I was bringing a sandwich over to dh at lunch time, I accidentally stepped on his foot with the boot on, and, when he said "Ow!", I didn't even feel it!! I get the boot caught when I get out of the car, because of it's size, but moving sideways seems to go better, lol. And, weirdly enough, total strangers ask me if I broke my foot during a skiing accident, or what is wrong with my foot/ankle..............not used to that. I'm looking forward to be able to walk around again though.

Have a good night, friends!

mykneesareback 12-11-2013 01:16 PM

Exercise today was walking during shopping, went to Belk, never been to one, but have heard of it from others on this side of the USA, dh parks far away from the doors, so we get more walking in. They had a record player for sale, so dh bought it for me. :)

The parking lot at the hospital was cleared pretty much of ice, so walking there was not bad at all, they sprinkled salt on the dicey areas.

Went to another store for gift cards for Calif. daughter in law, and then to World Market to pick up some German goodies to mail and for Christmas Eve and stockings for the kids. Then did another Hallmark run, and done for today. I will try squats again this evening, in here, and alone.

mykneesareback 12-12-2013 03:10 PM

Walking walking all over at Wal Mart, Tom Thumb and been on my feet almost the whole day, my back bothers me more than my foot. I'm not doing anything more, people coming any minute for dinner......yapping is about all that is left of me.

mykneesareback 12-13-2013 01:11 PM

Walked quickly all up and down the Mall, shopped quickly, and walked again while dh sat and ate his lunch, and then had to use several sets of stairs at the parking garage at the doctor's office, because we didn't know where to park to be close to the elevator, lol. So, got some good walking in today.

LoveMontana 12-13-2013 02:42 PM

2 hour walk at Lowe's and wall push ups this evening.

Loretta V 12-13-2013 03:48 PM

Walked early but dressed up like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but I was warm enough.

Workout done this afternoon.

mykneesareback 12-14-2013 11:06 AM

Got up, did the bedroom pushups, wall pushups, squats, and upper stretches and up and downs, and this is before getting dressed, lol. Gung HO this morning! Kitchen counter push ups, and weight bar and 6 lb. soft holder weights in here, done for today, too much to do!!! Now I'm tired. :D