LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S ROLL CALL, Dec. 5

It's getting colder, hr by hr, here, sort of weird to me....

Rest peacefully, friends!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1384089_10151732980622945_586203329_n.jpg (32.9 KB, 9 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Susan, I am so glad to read that all is well. Continued good wishes.

Yesterday, I drove down with a friend to The Villages which is a beautiful area. She had some Xmas shopping to do there and then we had lunch in a lovely restaurant. Since our days are now in the 80's it was perfect.

Hopefully, it will be a quiet, restful day today.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Susan, our dear friend, how are you doing? We miss you. Through your inspiration, I am still hanging in there. You must be close to breakfast time.

I woke up very early today which usually means a severe case of nausea but it hasn't started yet. I'm thinking about getting started on my Victorian Villiage. I also have a hair appt today. My housekeeper is taking me. Both those activities are big ones for me. Have a good day. Eat a little, rest a little, do most everything just a little. Let a plant inspire you. Hugs, Verleen

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning- Thanks Doris.

Shopping with Mary Ann this morning- I am so sad for her as her "romance" blew up in her face. She planted a phony date site ad and YEP! he took the line. She is too calm and that worries me much more than ranting or crying. I'll need to change my hair wash for later today or tomorrow. My date site "sailor" vanished into thin air but there is another that could just be THE ONE. I adore him from a far- he is over 600 miles away in Michigan. His words are other worldly beautiful. This is a crazy world I am crawling around in these days.
Verleen, you (and all here) saved my life when I thought of taking "a few too many pain meds" to end it all after my cancer surgery and burned by Xrays colon. My hospital cards from almost every state and Canada kept me going that horrible January in 2011. ( I think it 2011- I block the memory ) Susan, the love for you here is without limit. What beautiful sun shine you are as is Verleen and all the goldens here.
I forced down eggs and saltines this morning but my big old coffee never lets me down.
I must e-mail Mary Ann now and I will stay very close to her. She adored that man and he fooled us all with profound declarations of undying love. They are spending the week end in Va. Beach- I told her to go but the weather is going to be cold and rain. I had begged her not to do anything until after New Years for weeks but she felt something and just had to find out. Boy, did she!!! Her heart is broken.
I'll be back much later today or tonight.
Susan- you sweet Lady please take all the care in the world for yourself now.
Elaine
Anne and Gladys and all here will always be kept in my heart for your care of me in that black poetry that is cancer.
E.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 12-05-2013 at 05:15 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Got the horses out,cats fed and barn cleaned.DH got his own breakfast this morning.
Hoping Susan is a little better today,glad she has meds.
Lainey,sorry for Mary Ann.
Julie,glad you had a nice day.
Verleen,have fun with your village.
Doris,it's all new for you,heard it was the coldest in a few years.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning All,

Thank YOU ALL again, I can feel the love, what a lovely caring bunch YOU ALL ARE!

I slept 6 hours straight last night so I am happy with that. The meds are holding me so I am comfortable. DD and DGD are staying with me and as you say that is comforting. I don't feel so alone.
DS has been calling too from Florida twice a day. Seems he will be moving down there in January so he is busy looking for a place to rent.

I don't feel ready for Christmas yet. I will be ordering online for the family in England. Marks and Spencer's do free shipping. I will get to that later.

I would like to get outdoors for some fresh air, maybe 10 minutes with DD later this aft. I started my gentle arm exercises yesterday so that is going well.
I am seeing and feeling improvements day by day.

Thanks again ALL.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all..When we got up this morning, the temp was barely 40 degrees (I'll not say it was down in the 30's, but...) Mememe went our the doggy door, came back in (barely enough time to do any business), and crawled back under the covers...I guess that was a good commentary on our weather. And we've another front coming through this weekend; this one's dry, the next one won't be. We're catching just the tail of this one, Denver and Dallas are getting the full effect...stay warm everyone.

Susan, I'm so happy you've family with you and that the recup is going well...remember the old adage, "everyday in everyway I get a little better" May that be true for you....hugs.

Doris, I am hoping you're enjoying your first "Texas" winter...I know you're enjoying not having to travel those mountain roads to go anywhere....stay warm.

Lainey, maybe Mary Ann is not weeping because she must have suspected something to post as she did. I learned a very long time ago not to search, for you will surely find. Hope the long distance thing works out for you...sometimes we just need someone to write to...enjoy it.

I've the sisters coming over this afternoon so I'll be meeting the new companion and am looking forward to that. I've them coming for dinner on Saturday, I think, which will be a DD for me, so trying to think of what to serve...but then again, maybe I'll do a change step and make it an up day...hmmm, I've the elders on Monday so that might be the way to go.

Have a great day all and I hope you enjoy it, too. type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

So glad you are feeling better Susan. Here's to a fast and complete recovery.

Lainey - I must have missed something in this Mary Ann story, but didn't she meet him online? Did it turn out he was married or something? is it this same man she is meeting this weekend? If so, why do you want her to go? Sounds like a horrible idea to me, and could be dangerous for her! and murdering someone - even someone who broke you heart - is still illegal! But maybe I am misinterpreting what happened?

Regards to everyone else. I am off to dentist....
Old 12-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #9

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Susan, I'm so glad you slept for a longer period of time, good for you! And daughter and granddaughter being there of course, helps so much. What kind of arm exercise do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

Julie, how nice to go shopping with a friend, enjoying each other's company, no matter what the shopping is for, lol. It must feel quiet at your place, now that your family has left, another routine to get back to, and I can't believe the 80 degrees, but my mind knows it's true.

Lainey, sorry for poor Mary Anne, what kind of site let's you post fake ads, though, do you pay for that? Is that Michigan man the same one you met several years ago, who wanted to park his motorhome on your driveway?

Begete, I don't envy you going to the dentist, either.

Mary, I guess you guys have to did out a sweater for a couple of days, oh my, but it will change suddenly again. You are lucky to meet new people at that genealogy place, though, how interesting!

Michele, how cold did you get, so far, we were 36 this AM, but no precip, yet.

Verleen, how did the hair appt. go, did you go out to eat after that, or were you too tuckered out?

Gladys, I hope your computer gets fixed just fine tomorrow!!! How is Clarence's food doing? I still have to wear this boot another 3 weeks.

dh put the new, fake, tree up this morning, so I will slowly decorate it. We still somehow have the old, fake tree, from Calif., I might put that up in the tv room, it's 5 ft. tall, might put it on the breakfast bar.

Take care of yourselves, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, the arm exercises are to get the lymph flowing, just some gentle ones in a hand out booklet they gave me for after this kind of surgery.
I have been using an ice pack for the last several hours and I haven't needed to take any pain meds. I will take a Tylenol #3 for the overnight stretch though.

Glad to see you are all getting into the festive spirit. DS put my tree up before he left for Florida. He called again tonight to check in. I am glad he is moving on with his life now and looking for a place down there again. They renewed his working Visa.

Yes, Mary, I know that saying. Ha! Michael Crawford used to be in a comedy show back in England and he used to say that all the time. And it is so true day by day.

Lainey, I sure hope to take good care of my health now after this scare.

Babette, I am hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.

Thanks again all, Julie, Gladys, Verleen and ALL, one day at a time as the saying goes.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, Right now, it's 35 but with the wind it feels like 27 - yikes! I'm supposed to head to the western part of the state next week for a few days. That is going to be real cold!! They're predicting the high in the 20s, but no precip - thank goodness! Fingers crossed!

Susan, so glad to see your post - keep resting and slowly start moving around - hey, I don't need to tell you what to do, you know best of all!

Waving to all - glad to see everyone is keeping so busy!

Take care of yourselves,

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote