Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   WEDNESDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 4 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/818049-wednesdays-roll-call-dec-4-a.html)

mykneesareback 12-03-2013 07:51 PM

WEDNESDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 4

1 Attachment(s)
Hoping Susan is resting well..........:console:

Hugs to anyone else out there not up to PAR :hugs:

We are off to the podiatrist in the morning. Also still want to buy a new Christmas tree, Lowe's was sold out of the one we wanted!!

LoveMontana 12-03-2013 09:11 PM

Thanks for the start off, Doris.

So sorry low's was out of the tree you want. Have you tried Big Lots, Wal Mart or Home Depot?

Off to visit the family tomorrow, so will see you all tomorrow evening.

Mssarge 12-04-2013 07:17 AM

Good morning all...brrrrrrr! Of course our brrrrrrr is not as cold as your brrrrrrrr but still, brrrrrrr! That arctic front is bringing the cold stuff into SoCal along with high winds and even colder temperatures tonight.

I drove a road yesterday that had some deciduous trees that were changing colors to the red and yellows, not the usual brown. It was beautiful with them mixed in with our usual pepper, eucalyptus and pine trees...so I it really felt like autumn...of course, winter came blasting in, too. Lots of people with their Christmas decorations up, too...heck, I may even get the Christmas spirit this year.

Busy day as I'm meeting another lady at the family history center to help her get re-started on her family tree...actually she's working on a scrapbook of family stories so that should be fun. We're going over to the gym and out to lunch, too. So should be a fun day.

Guess I'd better get moving, so will type ya later....sending prayers for Susan and hoping she's recuperating well...good vibes to all our friends who are under the weather and need a hug.

Shalbrihil 12-04-2013 09:11 AM

Good morning as Mary said the winter is trying it's best to find us. This morning we woke up to frost on our cars. Don't expect it to get any higher that in the low 60's for most of the week.

This is Don's outing breakfast with is old work buddies. He's back now so need to hear about all the news.

Have a nice Hump Day!

Begete 12-04-2013 09:40 AM

Good morning....

Cold here = 25 this morning. One thing that is different here is that it gets so cold in December, but is not as cold as the East coast in February.

Have a good day, everyone.

mykneesareback 12-04-2013 12:17 PM

Hoping all is well with Susan............and Louise, Verleen, and Doug, how are you faring?

Just got back from podiatrist and Costco, Home Depot, did find a tree, and got exercise in at Costco with all the lifting and pushing and so forth.

Riding to and froh, it is 75 degrees, we had windows open, hair blowing in the breeze, just like the Sacramento valley in California, lol, we really laughed at that, music blasting from the radio. Had lunch at yet another Thai/quasi Asian place. The blast that's hitting the West is moving it's way to us, though, they have warned and alarmed many already.

:hiya:

birdlady 12-04-2013 03:20 PM

Hi,still having trouble with the connections.Guy coming Fri.to fix it.
Was looking for news from Susan,hope she is not in pain.
I feel like I have been gone for a long time.lol
BBL

LoveMontana 12-04-2013 03:43 PM

Happy to hear you finally got the tree from Home Depot, Doris.
How did the foot doctor's visit go?

Hi Gladys, sorry about the computer problems. Hope Guy can fix it.

Babette, so sorry it gets cold in Dec. out there. I guess you just can't get away from it.

Hi Sharon, and Mary, sorry you are experiencing the cold too.

It will hit New York by Friday.:annoyed:

mykneesareback 12-04-2013 04:56 PM

The nasty cold is going to zoom in overnight, even down here, Linda! It's that time of year, get out your woolies, flannels, ear muffs, lol.

Sharon, do you have a heavy winter coat? Just wondering............:)

Loretta V 12-04-2013 05:28 PM

Yes Gladys you have been MIA for quite a while now. Hope you get things straightened out.

SuSUN 12-04-2013 05:31 PM

Hi Doris and All,

I am feeling much better today. I was a wee bit drugged up yesterday.;) I am sore but I am feeling fine. I have my good meds. Ha! I think the worst of it is over now. Onwards and Upwards to healing.:up:

Had a lovely quiet and peaceful day at home with DD, she stayed over last night and again tonight. I think I will be okay tomorow but she is planning to stay for the rest of the week.

Hope everyone is keeping warm. We have freezing rain and snow again overnight. Those morning commuters won't have much fun. :eek:

Waving to All and hope to be back tomorrow...:heart: Thank you for ALL your well wishes for my surgery outcome.

Loretta V 12-04-2013 05:34 PM

Thanks Susun for taking the time to let us know how you are doing. I'm glad to hear that your DD is staying with you for a bit. That makes it safer for you and also a comfort.

We will get some of that weather too starting late tomorrow afternoon.

LoveMontana 12-04-2013 05:42 PM

Wonderful news, Susan. So good to be home and able to sleep in your own bed.

mykneesareback 12-04-2013 05:59 PM

It's good to read your report, Susan, I bet several of us are checking in here from time to time to see if there was any news from you!! I too am glad to hear your daughter is staying with you, wonderful, more comfort for you, and better to heal and not overdo.......:shake:

Hi Loretta, I wondered if the weather would catch you, it's like a cold germ, just moving and spreading itself!

Gladys, hope your computer woes get fixed up for good, soon.

Howdy, Linda!

modon69478 12-04-2013 06:07 PM

So glad to see your post, Susan - Rest, my friend!

Michele

Mssarge 12-04-2013 06:32 PM

Ditto....me too Susan, glad to hear the DD is staying with you for a while...just having someone in the house should be a comfort. Hugs for you.

Shalbrihil 12-05-2013 09:33 AM

So good to hear your home and recovering. Aren't daughters wonderful? Let the healing take over now and rest.