LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Dec. 3

Smooth day Tuesday for Susan's medical treatment, and hugs for anyone else undergoing serious health concerns, also.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
The very best to Susan for todays proceedure.

Mary Ann stoped by crying last nigh after her Dr. appt. she has breast cysts and is going to be biopsied- one large one is painful and there is pain in her neck and underarm lymphnodes. That 60 lb rapid wgt loss could be a symptom as well. She is set up for a Dr. that only does breast and a GYN Dr. Her Dr. refused to say it was NOT cancer. I am worried- cancer is a auto-immune disease I was told when my migraines & plantar returned hard with my cancer.
I am praying it will just be another aspiration situation for her.
Yesterdays washes left a puddle in the laundry room floor- not the usual damp spot- now I am afraid to finish the rest of the washes.... most is done though. Some times I just hate my life!
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 12-03-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
First of all, I am thinking of Susan today, too.
Secondly, breast cysts are not always bad news. I know since I had the same experience years ago and all turned out just fine.
You may not see me, but I am checking in here daily.
Oh, Lainey, weren't you supposed to meet some guy this week?
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh Lainey I'm sorry for your puddle under your washer. It just may be a lint clog and can be flushed out by a plumber. Is there anyone that can give you a hand with that? Julie is right about cysts. No need to get excited until the right Dr sees her.

Well I went and ordered a Vitamix. My little blender just doesn't have the power it needs for the things I want to make. I'm excited! Soon I'll be able to make a quick soup once in a while for myself. Today I'm going to put together a stew pot. I've been defrosting beef stew meat over night so best get to it.

Susan you're going to be so glad to be home resting soon. Blessings for your daughter being right there for you.

Check back later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Susan, thinking of you today.

Rich took off early today. I wanted to go with him but can't go that early. Darn. I want to get a prelit garland for the fireplace mantel. Plus I want to see him get some hardware to fasten those two doors shuts that blow open in the wind. We have more doors and windows in this house that one can imagine. The doors have doors. That is the situation with the ones that are blowing open. The interior door blow open, but the exterior ones stay closed......so far. But it lets in a terrible draft.

Is everyone getting a tad tired of turkey? Besides turkey sandwiches, Cathy made some turkey in a herbal sauce and dotted the top with dumplings. It was very good. Last night I made a hot turkey-potato tarragon salad, which was very good. I'm thinking of checking to see if the leftovers are still there for breakfast. Probably not - Cathy loves that dish too. Yesterday was a good day as I felt good. We won't talk about the preceding days.

I hear something funny. Got to go check the birds.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Have a meeting in an hour so rushing thru.

Hoping for the best outcome for Susan.

Have a good day.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good vibes to all, but 'specially Susan and Lainey's friend Mary Ann

Good morning all..

Sharon so excited about your Vitamix...loved mine and used it for years almost every morning to make "morning juice," I'd puree almost anything for my DH. I'd wanted one for years but couldn't justify the expense until one year DH saw it be demonstrated day after day and suggested we get one. I jumped on the suggestion and got it. I've still got it, but don't use it frequently as it's so big. Hope you got the one that has a smaller container. I particularly liked the grinding blades so I could grind up the wheat berries (when I used to bake bread). I don't see them demonstrating that container now...it is just a separate container that has flatter blades. But you have to try the broccoli cheese soup, so easy and sooooo good....recipe's in the book that comes with it.

I now have the Ninja which has smaller containers...I used the Magic Bullet for a while, but it just didn't have the power I was used to. Enjoy your Vitamix, you'll really love it.

Back to the Family History Center for me today as I have a couple of questions to ask the expert. I'm laughing at myself as I've a new job (on the days when I'm snowed in I'm going to add the LDS ID numbers in all my family records as it will make it easier to identify them...sounds like quite a chore as I have almost three thousand people in my trees. Oh well, plenty of time on my hands.

Guess I'd better get busy on the day if I'm going to the FHC...type ya later.

p.s. Sharon, are you aware of the thread here that's called "Vitamix Heaven?" as a new driver of one, it has a lot of suggestions for LC foods.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 12-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh boy! I'll check that thread out. Thanks Mary. I got the 500. I think that will have the power I want. One of the first things I'll try is coconut butter. Love broccoli soup. So looking forward having one finally in my kitchen.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote