Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   MONDAY'S ROLL Call, Dec.2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/817960-mondays-roll-call-dec-2-a.html)

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 07:27 PM

MONDAY'S ROLL Call, Dec.2

1 Attachment(s)
Good thoughts and prayers for our Susan's coming surgery :)

LoveMontana 12-01-2013 08:40 PM

Yes Doris, thoughs, prayers and good wishes for our Susan tomorrow.

Not much going on with me. Too tired to think about it yet. Got the new phone service partially working but tomorrow will be the deciding factor.

Off to the land of nod.:sleepy:

Loretta V 12-02-2013 07:04 AM

Praying too for Susan today.

mykneesareback 12-02-2013 07:42 AM

Linda, when we got Time Warner phone service here, I hated talking to someone in the middle east, could not understand more than every 5 words he spoke, had to finally complain, after 3 calls. Good Luck!!! I have phone and internet with them only.

Begete 12-02-2013 10:28 AM

Sending positive thought to Susan today.

mykneesareback 12-02-2013 10:40 AM

It's a warm day here today, gonna hit the high 70's.

We are waiting for the pre-need funeral stuff man in a little while, take care of that business. The service we had in California since the 1980's, gave us our money back.

Going to the kids later this afternoon, they are taking us out for supper.

Hoping things are moving along well, and also thinking of Susan!

Take care of yourselves, friends.

Mssarge 12-02-2013 10:52 AM

Good morning all (although I'm a little late and it's afternoon some places). I'm adding my prayers and good vibes to all those going out to Susan...:hugs::hugs:

I am elated :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: I was expecting to report no weight loss for the month (but I was hoping for a four-pound loss to put me over the next edge) but t'was not to be..I lost another two and a half pounds for the month, so still on track. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy: AND a total of five and a half inches...Wow! now that came as a total surprise...I knew I was losing a bit here and there, but didn't expect an inch here and there. Now we'll see what December brings; really looking forward to dropping into the next decade.

I had a wonderful experience in the sisterhood meeting yesterday. In my church, everyone has a "visiting teacher" who is responsible for helping a specific person, being a friend to each other. I was unaware of this (being inactive in the church for 50 years and being reared in another faith.) so it came as a surprise...but this lesson made me aware of how old this tradition is and made me feel connected to all my sisters, even back through the ages.

Of course, everyone chided me for staying home for TD, but as I explained to them, it was actually a blessing as my niece called me with whom I've been estranged for over 20 years...I think they understood. Any way I had a great holiday season and am actually looking forward to the Christmas season for the first time in lo these many years (being the original bah humbug person I am).

I guess I've bent your ears (read eyes) long enough. I'm enjoying our last warm day before the arctic blast rolls in (how's it up north, Begete?) and our temps drop 20 degrees or so...have a great day everyone and sending good vibes to all from SoCal.

p.s. for Lainey, and others like me with vision problems...the avatar says "Cheerfulness is contagious, but don't wait to catch it....BE A CARRIER!

weezie 12-02-2013 11:30 AM

Just chiming in to wish Susan all the best with her surgery tomorrow!

SuSUN 12-02-2013 02:52 PM

Oh my goodness! Thank YOU ALL for your well wishes and prayers. They are very much appreciated. You are a terrific support group. :clap::up:

I spent 2 hours in Pre Op this morning. DS took me. He is such a patient boy. He is my Godsend.
He is on a flight right now down to Orlando and will call me tonight. He will be there for the next two weeks.

DD takes over the care of me tomorrow Ha! I will be checking-in, back at the hospital for 7 am tomorrow morning and surgery is scheduled for 9 am. The surgery is about 2 hours and then another 2-3 hours in recovery.
I told DD that she should go home and come back for me later. She will spend the first two hours with me and then head out either to the shops, home or gym Ha!

I just have to pack my little bag and get some sleep tonight.;)
I will be in touch and hope to post on here tomorrow evening.:D

Love that Cat Race Avi Doris. Ha!

Hope to BBT...:heart:

Doug_H 12-02-2013 04:16 PM

Susan, :hugs:

Doug

modon69478 12-02-2013 05:43 PM

Sweet dreams, Susan :hugs:

SuSUN 12-02-2013 06:30 PM

Thanks again All, You do know what a terrific bunch you are right? :up::clap::D

Doris, Thank YOU for the beautiful Roses in your start to our thread today. I will take that picture in my mind tomorrow with me. :hugs: :up: