Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SUNDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 1 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/817888-sundays-roll-call-dec-1-a.html)

mykneesareback 11-30-2013 06:39 PM

SUNDAY'S Roll CALL, Dec. 1

1 Attachment(s)
Well, blow me away, it's December already!

Shalbrihil 11-30-2013 07:39 PM

Time is sure flying by these days. Thanks Doris for starting us up. Just a quick hi see ya tomorrow.

LoveMontana 11-30-2013 08:47 PM

Thanks again for another start off Doris.

OMG another month??? Yikes.:eek: Time is sure flying.

Off to bed soon. See you all tomorrow.

Norfolk Mermaid 12-01-2013 06:07 AM

Yaaaa December is here.

Of course I am just now looking at the TK Day sales- wow- some places were storewide 60% off. Still not as cheap as the thrifties stores.
bbl

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 07:57 AM

It's the first Advent, we used to have a wreath/Kranz, that had 4 candles, and one would be lit in the evening, when my Dad was alive. Candles are so unsafe, we don't have any around the house here. The smells made me have asthma, but used to like the Christmas ones.

Hoping everyone is doing ok. Doing laundry today.

Mssarge 12-01-2013 08:16 AM

Good morning all and happy December oneth...my how the time do fly!

Doris, thanks for mentioning the first Advent and the candles. (I have lots of candles in the house and lots of "safe" holders...but I also have the ones that use batteries as well...they look very nice and I'm thinking of getting the scented ones that change colors) Makes me wonder about other's Christmas season traditions. I'm sure there are many out there; would you like to share yours? Wracking my brain to remember any from my youth and can't think of any at this time...

Received word last night that one of the sister missionaries is being moved to another area. Today will be her last day here so am reminded so strongly of my military life. You just get close to someone and either he/she or I would get orders to move on. I have friends all over the world that I still think of and old friends I never met waiting around the corner.

Guess I'd better get moving so wishing you all a great day and waving at all who come later.

Shalbrihil 12-01-2013 09:07 AM

Oh my I love my battery style candles. I got mine from Costco. Haven't seen the ones that do the color change. Will have to keep a look out for those.

Well my ole knee kept me up last night. I found I had fallen asleep sitting up rubbing it. Then that startle when you think you may be falling. It may be time to see a doctor about it. Dreading that.

Our temps are still in the 70's but my electric blanket sure feels good when the chilly night comes.

BBL

Begete 12-01-2013 10:07 AM

Been busy and absent, but hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

ocali 12-01-2013 10:47 AM

We went out to a fabulous dinner last night at a restaurant called Latinos Y Mas. Then we ate breakfast out this a.m. And the South Carolinians left. I'm washing sheets and towels galore! The kitchen floor is disgusting but that will wait for my cleaning lady this week.
I'm off to a Christmas Coffee in about an hour at someone's house. (Read Mary Kaye party). I am so tired but it was great having everyone here!

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 11:41 AM

Sounds wonderful, Julie! Our kitchen floor doesn't look great, either, but I'll get to in another day, not today. Laundry is moving along, between the dishwasher time.

Is everyone getting a bit of relaxation in today? I haven't even begun any list, yet, not even one Christmas card written......

Loretta V 12-01-2013 12:47 PM

Don't like using candles at all but have them on hand just in case. I think the only safe place to burn them is in the kitchen sink.

Have the Advent Wreath out and will try to focus on the Advent Season of waiting.

Julie glad you enjoyed your company and time with them. The mess can be cleaned up sooner or later.

LoveMontana 12-01-2013 02:03 PM

No real candles here either because they set my asthma off. I do have many battery operated ones that we both love.

Had to wait for the time warner tech to get here and set up the phones. Decided to drop Verizon and go with Time Warner which has a much better price. Kept the same phone number too. Nice to be able to do that.
Other than that, I was just a lazy slug and enjoyed every minute of it.

Norfolk Mermaid 12-01-2013 03:02 PM

Linda, I cannot make out your avi- please explain it for me. e. can you enlarge it in a post?

LoveMontana 12-01-2013 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lainey, it's the Jackson Hole, Wyoming town square and looking through one of the lighted elk antler arches.

Norfolk Mermaid 12-01-2013 04:50 PM

WOW Linda- that is a lot of antlers.

A very pretty picture looking through those antlers.
Once Upon A Time toniht and will start that special about the Ferris Wheel but doubt I stay up- I did sleep in this morning so should try to stay up.
ACHT! The laundry is still not started! Tomorrow or bust! I heard rain tomorrow so no excuse not to get it going.
bbt or later.

SuSUN 12-01-2013 04:57 PM

Happy 1st of December All, it is getting close now to Christmas. I love December and everything about Christmas.

I am off in the morning for the Pre op admission for 8:30 am. DS is driving me through the traffic and snow. Lovely I can just sit back.

Waving to All and hope to BBT..Susan

LoveMontana 12-01-2013 05:13 PM

Best of luck to you Susan. Hope you sail right through and are able to come right home after.

modon69478 12-01-2013 05:27 PM

Will be thinking of you over the next few days, Susan. I sincerely hope all goes well; and, you're home and feeling no pain very quickly.

Best wishes,
Michele

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 05:48 PM

Susan, we are all holding you in our hearts for this surgery to go smoothly, and you be back home and mending nicely. :high5: Glad your son is going to drive you!! :love:

Mssarge 12-01-2013 06:21 PM

Good luck, Susan, will be thinking of you and sending good vibes to you and yours.

Shalbrihil 12-01-2013 06:41 PM

I'm with everyone in saying I know your surgery will be successful and you will be soon relaxing at home. Best wishes Susan.

Norfolk Mermaid 12-01-2013 07:06 PM

ditto everybody above Susan. i'll be there with you in spirit.
Elaine

Verleen 12-01-2013 09:34 PM

Susan, you'll be in my thoughts.

SuSUN 12-02-2013 06:34 PM

Thanks ALL, Your support is greatly appreciated. :hugs::clap::up: