Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SATURDAY's Roll Call, Nov. 30 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/817849-saturdays-roll-call-nov-30-a.html)

mykneesareback 11-29-2013 07:17 PM

SATURDAY's Roll Call, Nov. 30

1 Attachment(s)
Getting this set early, want to read some magazines!

Have a pleasant night, stay warm.

Shalbrihil 11-29-2013 08:11 PM

Thanks for the start off Doris. Those cats gave me a laugh. If I know cats, that's probably just what they're thinking. HA!

See you tomorrow….

LoveMontana 11-29-2013 08:43 PM

LOL those cats are just the thing we all need tonight. They are a hoot!!

Thanks for the start off again Doris.

Hi ya Sharon.

Off to watch something mindless on TV and then bed. It's darned cold here tonight.

Norfolk Mermaid 11-30-2013 04:32 AM

Good Morning- Thanks Doris.

Super cold here as well but a big warm up next week.
Have a good, good day everyone.
bbl

Mssarge 11-30-2013 09:01 AM

Good morning all...Just checking in on this bright sunny morning. I got the washes done yesterday, so today it's straighten the house and get ready for the sisters to come to dinner tonight. I promised them chili dogs (as I have that pot o'chili I made last weekend and it should be good and mellowed by now) but I'm wondering if I should use up some of the turkey in a tetrazzini with a nice antipasto...whatcha think?

Bill O'Reilly's book Killing Jesus must either be a very quick read or I found it fascinating as I finished it last night...well, all but the notes. One of the bad things of the Kindle, the note links didn't work, so now I've got to make the connections. His books are very good as he takes the reporter's view and puts it into historical context with very good references.

Happy recovery from Turkey Day and I hope good things come your way..

Shalbrihil 11-30-2013 10:02 AM

I just had to boast. When I weighed yesterday I was down 1/2 pound and this morning it showed another pound down. You know? That was the best gift I've had in a fortnight.

Going to be a calm day today. Our weather has been in the 70's. If this keeps up I'm heading for the seeds and put some in the garden to grow. I know that will make the winter come. Haha!

The weather channel was showing the Black Friday chaos that happened yesterday. Two ladies were pulling hair over the same potential gift they wanted. We've been watching that cold front you all are getting in the East. Stay warm and be careful out there.

Have a nice day today. See you later.

Norfolk Mermaid 11-30-2013 10:13 AM

Hi everyone,

Went to the thrift store with Mary Ann and stopped at Sam's- whew, that lady can shop! I am just happy to be out and about and not doing laundry! OK today is the day!!!!!
Need some lunch of a turkey sandwich luttuce & mayo lots of gr. blk pepper & another glass of buttermilk.
bbl

Loretta V 11-30-2013 10:38 AM

Checking in. Did not even catch the news last evening about the shopping. To me it is for the merchants Christmas. People seem to get crazy to save a few $s. On the local news a man had been shopping for toys for the needy and had a basket full. That works for me.

Norfolk Mermaid 11-30-2013 10:47 AM

Well, I chose water over buttermilk- that size 10 is super important to me.
bbl

mykneesareback 11-30-2013 11:08 AM

Lazy day today, usual cooking, washing dishes, ordering online :hyst:, and for us, dh suddenly had a thought, and it's free shipping.

Those news stories about people hitting each other, taking out stun guns? for a crock pot? ;) I don't think it's for gifts, I think it's for themselves, and they sell the stuff at the flea market, at least, that is what I've been told. The media makes it worse by constantly whining about it weeks in advance.

It was 32 this AM, so did warm up a bit. Sharon, I bet if you plant those seeds, perhaps you might bring some winter in, but don't you just cover the seeds up with something? You are lucky to have so much more planting time!

We are having turkey leftovers for supper, the kids are coming in a bit for a quick visit, they accidently took dh's berry cobbler with them, so bringing it back, and that's about it.

Have a good "rest of the day". Oh, Mary, I forgot, I was happy to read you made amends with a niece that you haven't heard from in awhile, this time of year is a good time for that..:console:

Bye for now!

Mssarge 11-30-2013 01:03 PM

I'm baaaaaack! sitting down with a cuppa between chopping (the salsa and slaw), stirring (the chili), mixing (a pumpkin upside down cake I showed the recipe to the sisters last week...young girls like dessert), cleaning (not going to get it all done, fer shure, but that's okay, too) and bathing me.

I just had on the Garth Brooks special from last night..dang! I like that Okie....especially when he says he was raised about a mile from whence I came. Makes me want to throw some more music on the machine.

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Yay!!!! Susan, to lose weight at this time of the year with all the holidays is a great thing. I'm thinking the x-spurts may be right about the next front they're forecasting, so don't plant those seeds just yet, although you could start them in the house.

Doris, you're right, this is the season to settle old arguments...of course, within the two hours we were on the phone, there were reminders of what the old ire was all about...we'll see what the future brings but it was grand to talk with her.

Well, coffee's almost finished, so gotta get back on my feet and moving around.

SuSUN 11-30-2013 04:40 PM

Mary, that is Sharon that has lost more weight. I sure wish it were me though.:);)

DD ordered a pony blanket on line and the shipping was $89 or $129 to Canada. She has had it delivered to UPS in Ogdensburg NY, so she wants us to drive down to pick it up. Shipping to there was only $17. I will see how I feel after the surgery on Tuesday. I may be okay to sit in the car on Thursday while she goes to get it.

Enjoy your magazine Doris, Love the Cat Hats!:heart:

Cold day up here too.

Shalbrihil 11-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

It was 32 this AM, so did warm up a bit. Sharon, I bet if you plant those seeds, perhaps you might bring some winter in, but don't you just cover the seeds up with something? You are lucky to have so much more planting time!
Well Doris our garden is already turning into a compost pile so it won't be ready again until next spring. Our orange tree is full of navel oranges tho. It will be fun picking those real soon.

Thanks Mary. It's been a long time coming. :)

Mssarge 11-30-2013 09:03 PM

Would have sworn my fingers typed Sharon...oh well, guess they have a mind of their own.

Good dinner with the sisters but one of them has her orders and will be moving on...seems just like my military lifestyle. Meet someone, make friends, and then one or the other moves on....sigh!