LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call

Another Thanksgiving Day is over with, still have some serving dishes left, but too bad, I'm tuckered out!

It was fun to have 6 adults sitting at the dining room table, and little Silas making us all laugh! The doggies came along, too. Didn't eat too much, too busy and than sick of the cooking and looking at food.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Gee whize- it is COLD

First in line.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Dishes done, guests gone home....good time had by all.....

Tomorrow Gabe is going fishing early in the mroning, and then we hope to visit some wineries in the afternoon.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
We had a wonderful and beautiful Thanksgiving . The ones driving back to fort Myers area left about ten o'clock. One will leave today for Miami . The South Carolina trio will be here til Sunday.
My dgd's boyfriend brought his guitar and my ddl sang beautiful Spanish songs. It was a great family time.
Oh, my family in San Diego face timed us so we all saw each other and spoke with them all.
Thank goodness my cleaning lady is coming next week, her work is waiting for her!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Boboelink
Starting back today Friday, day after Thanksgiving. Actually after a semi-carby breakfast yesterday and also tiring of sampling carby foods-- I told myself that was IT. Truly - Truly - Truly
I was low carb the rest of Thanksgiving day.
Today there is plenty of turkey, low carb pumpkin pie (crustless), artichoke dip and veggies, etc...
I do think I want to do Induction--which I've struggled with in the past. But I am determined to end 2013 with a loss of some weight and gain of feeling great.
I realize I am the type who must consider this a lifestyle, too.
Boboelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning All,

Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed yesterday's doings - I watched a really good movie last night. If you have Netflix or use some other streaming site, and you don't mind subtitles too much, you will enjoy 'The Intouchables'.

Today's plan is a quiet one - if it ever warms up again (fingers crossed), I'd like to take the pooch to the dog park for a good run around - we'll see...

Enjoy yourselves, whatever you do -
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning,

Dinner was pretty good for a hotel Buffet, and enjoyed not cooking or the clean up.

Just changing beds and doing laundry today. Maybe some dusting too, even though the cleaning gal was here Wed.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
I'm glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was good too but tiring. I had to ask for assistance near the end. That's when everything comes together.

Today, if I am up to it and if I can get some help, I'll work on putting up the garland around the stairwell. Those are big 'Ifs'. Or maybe finish the tree. It would be a shame to go to all that trouble and cost and then not put it up. I'll take a compliment of pain killers and maybe a healthy pair of hands and try to do it.

So far, we've had no cats up the tree. Maybe they're waiting for all the ornaments to go up. They are certainly eyeing it. If it does come crashing down, the cats will be sitting around looking surprised and innocent while the dogs are running around, saying "This is not right." and looking guilty.

Let's see - breakfast - mashed potatoes, stuffing, beets, butternut squash, etc. Have a good day. This is my favorite part of thanksgiving, eating the leftovers without all the cooking.

Snoopy has begun to lift his leg at trees and fire hydrants. Time to get that little sucker neutered.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...glad to see that none seem to be fighting the "black Friday" shopping and that everyone had a good holiday with lots of friends and good food. The refers are bulging with all the leftovers or those who were smart enough to go out are wishing they had some.

I stayed home and I'm glad I did. The niece I've been trying to find numbers for called and we had a two-hour catch-up talk (we've been estranged for about 30 years). The nephew called while on the way to see his families and I had several texts wishing a happy holiday. Some were playing games; had a few that are not in my cache so no name associated with 'em and they wouldn't let me know who they were....hmmm? Anyway the tail-wagger and I had a good time and ate too much, but still under my goal for an UD.

Today's my last DD of the month, although I may wait until after Sunday's DD to weigh and measure as the weight has been fluctuating fiercely. We'll see what the metal monster says in the morning.

Verleen, I sure hope you have the energy to get the garland strung and whatever else you plan for today...sure wish I could see your painted lady. (and the kitties stay out of the trees...never had that problem as my cat wouldn't get near the tree.)

Doris, I have to add another comment about how good this move was for you and yours...sure beats riding the stationary bike for hours on end? Much better to chase the DGS, huh?

Have a great day folks and enjoy the memories.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-29-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #10

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Had a nice Thanksgiving Dinner with my son Tim and his family. After dinner we were entertained by Leah who did a magic show for us. Just plain cute.

We have a beautiful but chilly day today with sunshine and warming temps.

Glad to hear from those of you checking in that your T-D was enjoyable. It is nice to be out of the daily routine for a little also.

Back at it today washing clothes and cleaning house.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #11

Sounds like so much good times had by most of us, that is great!!! Even the cleaning up, it will all get done, no stressing out.

Nice to have relatives and friends around, enjoy some good food, and the cooking and baking feels good to do, it doesn't happen like this often. Used dishes from 1902 and the 1930's, and nothing broke, even in the dishwasher.

Loretta, how cute to watch Leah do a magic show!!

dh is out putting up lights on a smaller pine tree, and put in a new motion detector light and fixture, we didn't like the old one, it was coming apart anyway, so he is busy.

Verleen, I hope you have some help putting the pine swagging up, it looks so pretty, if you are lucky enough to have a place for them, lovely, and smells good. We never had any cats go up our Christmas tree, but they did drink the water the tree sat in.

My dh announced this morning, after our "grand puppies" were here again yesterday, that he would like to get a Pug early next year, even though I just posted a few days ago that we would "never" get another dog...........as they say, NEVER say NEVER!!

Off to boil eggs for deviled eggs, and figure out lunch and dinner, but we had hearty waffles this am for breakfast. Toasted, no waffle iron.

Thanks for the info on the counter oven, I'm going to look at Costco, and my daughter in law will get the toaster oven we just bought. You guys are right, it will keep the kitchen cooler in the summer!

Have a good day, Begete, enjoy the wineries.

Waving at you, Michele, Lainey, Linda, Mary, Sharon, Julie, who had so many close family members there!!! Howdy, Susan! Doug, my dh would have liked your meal, too!
Gladys, did the Houston crew come back and stop at your place?

Boboe, good luck, we have all been there and done that, many times

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 11-29-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 11-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Well I posted on yesterdays thread! haha! I'm so glad to read everyone had a nice thankful day. No black Friday for me! Way too much chaos. Whew!

Bobeolink nice to see you back with us. We are all doing our own thing here welcome to the Goldens.

We left our 2 boys home yesterday. There were 7 large females there yesterday. Our 2 rats (male) would have flipped out with all the smells fixed or not. They are good with the 3 that are with us when we camp but I know this would have been way too much for everyone to endure. haha!

We're still waiting on rain. We have overcast cloudy skies so maybe soon. Maybe we'll head to the beach this evening to see a beautiful sunset tonight. It's the right kind of sky for it.

BBL.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 11-29-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12

I am trying to post this video clip, my first time for this so I hope it works.

I think this is appropriate for how things are today. Ha!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
love it! so how did you get that to post?
E.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #15

That was GREAT, Susan, and too true!!!
Thanks!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Way to go Susan. Good video and wonderful that you are learning.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Loved it Susan...thanks.

So much for x-spurts...first is was expect rain Thanksgiving morning, then, no, make it evening. Then it became rain on Friday and finally expectation for rain was cancelled completely. so, guess what...you guessed it...it was cold and cloudy all day, rain in the early morning in downtown L. A., and it sprinkled with occasional brief downpours here in the Inland Empire all day long. Finally saw the sun as it was setting.

Now the low is backing out to sea and we're expecting 85 degree temps next week before the next front moves through on Thursday with temps dropping to 8 degrees in the mountains and a ton of snow predicted...must be nearly winter in SoCal.

Also so much for dropping any weight this month, I'll be lucky to just maintain for the month...two up days in a row and another one tomorrow. Oh well, there is always next month....sigh!
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #18

Mary, the weather people here are awful, too, you can't count on them or change your plans at all, my dh marks down temps and weather info on his calendar, one of his little hobbies, and he thinks weather people shouldn't be paid when they mess up, lol. When we lived in the mountains, we changed plans so often, and then we could have left them be, made us mad, just because of poor weather people.

Stay safe, driving conditions can change on a dime out there, no matter where a person lives.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks Susan. That was great! Made my day.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote