Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THANKSGIVING Day, Nov. 28 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/817785-thanksgiving-day-nov-28-a.html)

mykneesareback 11-27-2013 08:53 PM

THANKSGIVING Day, Nov. 28

1 Attachment(s)
Wishing everyone celebrating a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

ocali 11-27-2013 09:38 PM

Grandson arrived 8:30 from Miami. The SC contingent should be here shortly. It's 11:30!

LoveMontana 11-27-2013 10:15 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm off in the AM to meet my brother, SIL and mom for a buffet at the Treadway Hotel in Owego. We will see how that goes.
Tod is going to cook the turkey that I bought and had cut in half since he hates to eat before evening.

Begete 11-27-2013 11:57 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone....

Today is a carb freedom day...must have my mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing....I was VERY good today. For dinner I had a ceasar salad (no croutons) with grilled salmon...

We ran into a friend so she joined us at the restuarant and then came over and we watched a movie.

As son works in the film industry, he gets copies of films up for Academay Awards, so we saw the second Star Trek movie directed by JJ Abrams and it was wonderful!! So much like the original series but with better technology... all the warmth and humor and strong sense of ethics was there. Of course I have always been a "trekkie", but I still highly recommend this films.

Norfolk Mermaid 11-28-2013 06:39 AM

Enterprise Officer here as well Begete!

Usually Science Officer but that changes with my mood and how wild my imagination can become.
Going to The Crazy Buffet for TDay dinner- never been but Mary Ann says I will pass out! I LIKE the sound of that! I am going to Google it in a minute. Mary Ann says her Dad is jealous of the time she and I spend together so I am a bit (?) about eating a meal with just the 3 of us- she would not take no for a answer even though I told her I got used to holidays alone since 2007 when Dad passed away leaving me a orphan ( Mom and only Sib left me in 2003 Dec. Mom and 2004 Feb. Georgia Rose )
Still not smoking and the craves are farther apart but more intense- a few more days should help a lot.
It is extremely cold outside but a very pretty day- I poured boiling water in all the bird baths and lifted out the solid ice and added more hot water to the cold water left in the baths. The birdies were at the water before I could even get back into the house. I saw a "red wing black bird" yesterday and was amazed. I have not seen one of those since I left N.Y. in 1997.
Enjoy your families everyone- please know you are blessed to have them.
bbl or tonight.

modon69478 11-28-2013 06:46 AM

Waving to all - Enjoy this special day and whatever comes your way today! :jumpjoy:

Michele

ocali 11-28-2013 08:16 AM

The South Carolinians arrived at 12:30 last night. One arrived from Miami earlier. Two more from Ft. Myers area stayed over at motel and will be here soon.
Son is busy starting the kitchen prep now, it already smells good!

mykneesareback 11-28-2013 08:42 AM

Sounds like some good plans for today!

Begete, what you eat has nothing to do with being "good", you are always GOOD!!

Enjoy, I'm off to the kitchen!!!

Mssarge 11-28-2013 08:58 AM

Hey y'all...just checking in and waving at all. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving...if you're traveling (or traveled) stay safe, warm and dry.

Loretta V 11-28-2013 11:12 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL CELEBRATING TODAY.

ENJOY THE SPECIAL TREATS AND FAMILY.

Leaving soon to go to DS's in town to eat bird.

Doug_H 11-28-2013 11:21 AM

Happy T-Day everyone.
We are having a quiet dinner by ourselves this year. Doing stuffed pork chops and broccoli with cheese sauce instead of a turkey for a change.

birdlady 11-28-2013 11:52 AM

Quiet day here also.Getting ready to go out and feed.
DS1 brought his dad fruit salad,I don't care for it anymore.They were going to her mom's.We do every other year,so it will be our Christmas this year.Hoping they cook.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
BBL

Norfolk Mermaid 11-28-2013 01:41 PM

Great Buffet-

skipped the turkey & stuffing so I could try a little of every thing else- love to taste things I have never had before. Loved the raw buffet where you choose everything and then hand the plate to the "griller" and he does it just right- awesome . Next time I will mostly do that!!! I am happy that I did not stuff myself and feel just full enough.
Miss having left over turkey for the kitties though!
Gonna rest anyway- never felt it so cold outside before even with the sun out.
bbl

SuSUN 11-28-2013 07:58 PM

:jumpjoy:Happy Thanksgiving to You All!:jumpjoy:

It sure was a bitterly cold day :dunno: up here but it seemed to halt the snow fall. We are all shovelled out now and ready for the next batch. Ha!

Busy day with DD and DGD as they had a PD day.

Waving to All and enjoy those dinners. :up: :heart:

Shalbrihil 11-29-2013 10:23 AM

Oh my I'm late. We had a wonderful time at the in-laws. There were 7 large beautiful dogs to enjoy and the food was just right. I had a surprise, my niece made a cauliflower cheese type casserole that was just right for me. I enjoyed some of that along with turkey and salad. I'm down a little notch on the scale this morning.

I'm so glad to read you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day too!