LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Nov. 27

Wishing a "Happy Hanukkah" to those of our friends celebrating tonight!

Middle of the week, one busy time for many of us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32427_447236535313204_1059467074_n.jpg (30.3 KB, 3 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Doris for our start out.

She's so adorable I had to steal her. See you tomorrow
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Thanks for the reminder...forgot to send out my Hanukkah cards...will post it tomorrow. G'night all, sweet dreams and don't let the bedbugs bite.

p.s. up a little late 'cause I started working on the genealogy and it's just like potato chips; you can't do just one.

pps now I'm wondering about the cinnamon broom, as I've started sneezing like crazy. At first I thought it was the piece of dried mango I ate some time ago, but now I'm starting again...hmmmm?

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
weird warm this morning

it has started back raining. Gonna get cold though later today.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Thanks, Doris. I wish the same to others who celebrate Hannuka.
Tonight, my South Carolinians should arrive very late with the turkey, etc. I hope whatever storm is going on doesn't affect their six hour drive. I am expecting six plus me for tomorrow. And don't know how many will remain over the weekend. I've had two other invites but family comes first. I am invited to a Christmas Coffee on Sunday afternoon at someone's home so I'm hoping I won't be too exhausted to go.
So, everyone, have a wonderful day tomorrow!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning to you all. I'm about ready to bathe and get dressed. Rich and I are going grocery shopping today. I bet it will be crowded. I hope they still have fresh turkeys. I just don't like frozen meat. Maybe I'll make stuffing/dressing today. And cranberry sauce. Then I will have less to do tomorrow. I'm buying store made pumpkin pies. I'm still on the fence about inviting some friends over. I don't think I'm up to it, but I like the company.

Cathy has been sick for many weeks now. Bronchitis. She's at the dr office this morning. I'll make turkey soup with the carcass for her. Okay, best get moving. Have a good one and stay warm and safe.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #7

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/121/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Cold here with a strong wind. Chills one to the bone. Going to make a 7 layer salad to take to DS's tomorrow. Made some Cranberry nut bars. Not one thing low carb.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and kicking. Not much going on here, thank goodness. May work on the genealogy, will probably walk the dog, may go to the gym for the bike. Heck, it would have been cheaper for me to buy one and just ride it here.

It's been windy for the last couple of days and will probably get more so as the next front approaches. They're saying it should blow in tomorrow night, which would be a good thing for all those folks on the road; a lot better than the early morning arrival they were originally forecasting.

Hope everyone is hunkered down that is in the path of the last one. Stay warm, dry, and most of all, safe. If you're traveling, then vaya con dios. (go with god)

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning and thanx for the start, Doris and for the Hanukkah wishes.

Verleen...interesting comments about fresh v frozen turkeys. We have tried them all: fresh, frozen, organic, free range, kosher, etc. and turkey is the one meat where nothing seems to make a difference, at least not a difference that would justify widely disparate prices.

and since we are entering the season of giving, I thought I would post the URL to an article about the worse charities. They base criteria on how much of donations go to the actual charitable purpose and how much goes for marketing, etc. see America's Worst Charities
Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #10

Thank you for that link, Begete, I keep forgetting to look, and we keep getting mailers for all kinds of charities, most we have never heard of.

I haven't noticed a difference in turkey's either, but I'm not any kind of connisure, by any stretch, I prefer most of the side dishes more, truth be told. I usually buy whatever is almost the cheapest, but not quite, house brand.

I've made a green bean casserole, working on a corn casserole now, made the splenda cranberry sauce for dh, and will do the Midnight Madness chocolate cheesecake pie last. Daughter in law is bring the turkey meal over later on, so the bird will be here for me to put into the roaster. And that's that.......
Others must be just as busy, at least some of us are I've never been out to a restaurant for turkey day, but it sounds inviting, as the years go on.

Back to preparing stuff, have a pleasant day, enjoy it all, whatever you can do, and stay WARM.

Waving

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.0/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everybody, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate!

Had a weird day so far - went for an MRI of my shoulder this morning and had a claustrophobic attack. I've had several MRIs in the past, but never had such a reaction. So, it was cancelled. Next, I went to the mall - whoever thought that was a good idea - maybe it was the dye coursing through my veins - either way, I bought $150 worth of stuff I will probably return once things calm down.

Now I'm back home and will not spend one more penny (today)

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
No cooking going on here,yea me.
DH is off to get an other DR. to look at his foot,I think it's as good as it will get.We shall see.No I didn't throw away the rocker or the dishwasher he ran into,my idea is slow down and watch where you're going.Watch I'll fall over something today.lol
Got the birds fed,it's beautiful out with real sunshine.
This cheap puter is giving me more trouble than it's worth but I get to see DD everyday.
Oh Michele,that's terrible,now you have to do it over.Stay away from Drs they are going to kill you.
BBL
Old 11-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #13

Oh Michele, I feel for you!!! I would not stand being inside one of those coffin like things. My dh thinks they are "interesting". I used to ride in the Medi van that picked dh up to drive 2 hrs. to a doctor, and the driver kept one window OPEN because he felt claustrophobic in that van (the van driver, not dh). What a job to have when you feel like that!!

Gladys, I hope Clarence gets a good doctor, did he find the doctor himself? I like the podiatrist I have now better than the one I had, dh says he's a "rip off" dude.

Off to fix supper for dh, I can't stand the thought of it, the corn casserole is in the oven, and brussel sprouts are the only thing left to fix though.

Good thoughts to ALL of you!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We just got home from bank and walk. Now I'm looking for recipes that I have filed on this little computer. Have you ever tried to find a recipe and for the life of you just don't know where it went? I know this sounds familiar to most of us.

Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating and Have Happy Thanksgiving to us all!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #15

Yes, Sharon, I found the midnight madness one last night, but still can't find my "PG & E bars" for Christmas, plus the corn pudding I wanted to make. I have some sites, like Kraft, loaded with recipes, most of them I wanted to try but never did, but one's I actually use, are in the old recipe folder that I can't find.............lol, sort of funny, annoying, but oh well.

Take care, gang. Our turkey has not arrived yet, dil says the place had an hour wait in line, so she is bringing grandson here and going back there.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hooray!!!! The x-spurts have changed the forecast and now it looks as tho' no rain in the cast...well, maybe a 10% chance. (I guess that means it will pour.)

Still haven't eaten today and Meme just came up to check my breath; she's always on the alert for food. Took her for a bit longer walk today, so still stretching it out, slowly, but stretching it out none-the-less.

and, Yep, must be allergic to the cinnamon broom, started sneezing again...moved it outside the front door. That way I'll get the odor when I'm coming and going but don't have to live with it. If it's still too bad, guess I'll have to find someone to gift it.

I've not started my TD cooking...no one coming and everything small and no need for too much prep...turkey breast, dressing and yams. I will make my cranberry sauce early in the morning. We've had many interesting and different Thanksgivings...with friends, family, strangers and assorted other people. Once while in the Army, my unit was in the field (extended for two weeks) and returned to garrison the day before TD. The commander told us all to meet at the dining facility (mess hall for those in the know) at noon...all 35 soldiers (and their families) showed and we had a great feast. Other years I was in the field, and my dinner was C-rats (canned and packaged stuff) that I remember as spaghetti and meatballs heated over a small fire and shared by five others.

Enjoy your holiday folks...the food, the company, and the family.

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-27-2013 at 03:39 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Yes, Sharon, I found the midnight madness one last night, but still can't find my "PG & E bars" for Christmas, plus the corn pudding I wanted to make. I have some sites, like Kraft, loaded with recipes, most of them I wanted to try but never did, but one's I actually use, are in the old recipe folder that I can't find.............lol, sort of funny, annoying, but oh well.

Take care, gang. Our turkey has not arrived yet, dil says the place had an hour wait in line, so she is bringing grandson here and going back there.
PG&E bars? Don is a retired PG&E Forman. HA! How funny!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #18

Sharon, that IS funny, my dh retired after 43 yrs. with PG & E, began in the gas dept. in San Jose, and transferred to Hydro in the Feather River Canyon! Small world!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi there. Another cold one today with snow. I made our dressing today. The smallest turkey I could get was a 20 pounder. Now what will I do with all that meat?

Cathy has been sleeping for over 12 hrs now. Whatever the dr gave her has really knocked her out.

I'm heading for bed now. I hope tomorrow is a good day for everyone.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sharon, that IS funny, my dh retired after 43 yrs. with PG & E, began in the gas dept. in San Jose, and transferred to Hydro in the Feather River Canyon! Small world!
Don started in the line department. We moved from here to Sunnyvale. He worked in San Jose area. There jobs took him all the way to San Francisco. He started in General Construction and was there for 10 years before getting his bid and made Division. All an all he was there 31 years and retired in 2000. It is a small world!