LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Nov. 26

Had to check the calendar to see what the date was for Tuesday, good grief!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1234894_698120643554496_144273055_n.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Speaking of dates, My wedding anniversary was yesterday and my husband's is Wednesday, so we sort of celebrated it tonight.

We are both stubborn people, and we got married November 24, 1971. That year, November 24 was Thanksgiving eve. I believe our anniversary is November 24 and DH insists it is Thanksgiving eve, regardless of the date.

As you can see, we seldom in 42 years have celebrated it on the same day. Do you understand now why Red and Blue still do not have real names?

But this year things really went too far.

We opened our anniversary cards....we had purchased each other the same card!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Congratulations you two...sounds like a good basis for a 42-year old relationship.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everybody,

Doris, half the time I have no idea of what the date or day is. These are the joys of retirement

Babette, LOL congrats on your anniversary, what ever the day is.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #5

Congratulations on your anniversary, Begete, it's funny about the dates! dh and I have bought the same cards 3 times, and our 2 sons who haven't lived near each other in 20 yrs., buy us the same cards for anniversaries and birthdays, at least our close relatives really "know" us, I guess. So you and John are very compatible or have the same sense of humor.......

Be back later, shopping trip.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning y'all...sunny and 40 degrees this morning, but the temps will be in the mid-70's later...I hope all y'all that are in the path of this storm are faring well. Stay warm and dry. We're expecting another front on Turkey day, so get ready for another one.

The Pres is back in L.A. so all the traffic's tied up. I think this is the seventh time he's come to SoCal and our commuters hate it as the SS closes the main routes for a while. (when I typed that, my brain made the connection between the Secret Service and the initials and went hmmmmm.)

The family history center is closed this week, so I'm stuck doing the work here on the 'puter...it's amazing how many duplicates are in the familysearch.org that have been added but not merged. I guess they merged several programs over the years and they are expecting the ancestors to identify duplicates and correct the records. Well, I'm doing my part. Other than that I'll walk MeMe and try to get to the gym. Today's an UD but don't know what that will bring. I'm envious of you all that can plan your meal weekly, or even daily. You're my heroes.

Have a great day, folks, and will type ya later.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Dern, went to make a grilled cheese and the bread was full of mold! s

The carbs G*ds strike again I suppose. The Ex Sharp ched was just fine with eggs. I won't buy bread again- I had not for months and will just leave it in the store from now on.
Did a 2000 step walk with M.Ann and Missy this morning. That is a far cry from the 12 thou they recommend. Second day smoke free- shooting for the first 3 weeks to be up... supposed to be 3 seconds, 3 mins., 3 hours, 3 days and then 3 weeks, 3 mos. and the big 3 yrs. QUIT I remember by the 3 weeks it was way better and the 3 months was when I knew I had made it since Feb. 2000. Then I blew it in October and the truth be known I simply got tired of saying NO to myself when I wanted a ciggy which I never stopped wanting. HATE the way I feel after the second day of smoking and guess what they do not satisfy at all- so you have another hoping that will and so on and so on. NO MORE OF THAT for me.
Supposed to really pour down rain later all today and tomorrow- feel real sorry for traveliers.
gonna read all afternoon so be back later- S.H.I.E.L.D. is on tonight which I like a lot. There will be puzzles and reading mostly.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #8

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Hi folks

Congrats Babette on that 42nd anniversary. That is a milestone for sure, now a days.
Cute about the cards. Great minds travel together.

Doing some baking today to bring Cranberry nut bars to DS for T day. Tomorrow I will make a seven layer salad. The weather is going to be very cold tomorrow and today is gloomy.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Babete,great on 42,we are going to do 55 the day after Christmas.We don't do cards or any of that stuff,too old for that.lol
Rainy ugly weather,have not seen the sun in ages.
I get all the stuff of the dishes before putting in dishwasher cause sometimes it my take two or three days to fill and run.
Went out to feed early and fed heavy cause it's nasty,need lots of food to keep warm.
We have turkey lunch meat for Thurs.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Congratulations Begete on 42 years of Wedded Bliss!

I had such a weird kind of day today. Too much going on, so I cancelled out on the movie with the group. I needed to have some Me time Ha!

This morning, DD and I cleared the last of the gardening tools out of the garage into the shed. So both cars are in the garage now. After that we had a lovely walk for over an hour in the woods and chatting all the way of course.

We are preparing for a Winter Storm starting tonight so I am sure the ploughs will be working all night and again all day tomorrow. Battening down the hatches as they say. ha!

Waving to All and hope to BBT...
Old 11-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was thinking tomorrow would be very hectic at the stores, so decided to go today as I needed a couple of things for use now (like milk, eggs and Sara Lee light bread) and a few staples I discovered was not in the larder (canned beans for the chili) and it was a madhouse at the commissary...oh well, I was through and out in a few minutes but barely got back to the house before the sisters came...but I made it, with sushi to spare.

I think I've mentioned I've turned down invitations for TD as I'm pulling the cave in on me...but with getting out and meeting more people, I'm starting to get the holiday spirit. I'm the original Bah Humbug! person and it's been awhile since the spirit has moved me. Well, plus getting the birthday and Christmas presents for the 4-year old has certainly helped. I thought I'd make me some cornbread stuffing and maybe a slice of deli turkey; but I saw a small turkey breast, so I guess my house will have the smell of roasting turkey on turkey day...actually looking forward to it. I even picked up some sweet 'taters.

I also picked up a cinnamon broom and have it in the foyer and my whole house is smelling...it's very strong, so I guess I'll shut off the airwick.

The x-spurts are now saying the front we were expecting Thursday morning, is delayed and won't be hitting us until later in the evening. I'm sure the holiday travelers will appreciate that. I see where the last one is now creating havoc on the east coast...stay warm and dry folks, winter is just starting.

Hope you had a great day and good things came your way...
Old 11-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/130.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Mary, I had the same plan as you and stopped by the store today to pick up the sweet potato pie that I'd ordered. I was taken by surprise, too, how crowded it was - I guess everybody had the same idea as we did and went to the store today. So, do you think the store will be empty tomorrow?? Probably not.....

It's still quite chilly here - 30s in the am and 40s in the pm - I can't wait until the weekend when it's supposed to warm up to the 60s again - I know, I'm spoiled, but I just hate the cold; it makes my bones hurt!

Have sweet dreams everyone - and stay warm!
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #13

Michele, one weather guy here said it would hit 71 next Tuesday!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

I need a couple of oranges but I ain't going to the store for just that or I sure do not plan to at any rate-
need pills and then puzzles and read some.
sweetest of dream to all.
bbt
Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good evening everyone. We're still getting 75 to 80 on our temp gauge. They are talking rain but if it does there will be some humidity along with it.

We'll be going to the inlaws for Thanksgiving. It should be a hoot with 7 dogs of all sizes watching us put food into our mouths. I plan on sticking to plans. Weight is going down down down. It's going to be lots of turkey and salad for me. I'm bringing my own made up pumpkin pudding made with chia seeds that I love. It's going to be a lovely day!

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband Babette. I laughed at the way you both observe your days. The duplicate greeting cards has been something I'm never experienced. You both were made for each other.

If I don't get back here before turkey day. Have a wonderful time everybody.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 11-26-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #16

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon! You are one smart gal, bring yer own treats and food, then, no worries at the dining table!! I used to carry cauliflower in my purse all the time......... But I got tired of it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Sharon, I've a good recipe for chocolate chia pudding; would love to have your pumpkin chia pudding.?????

and yep, we hit 76 today. Wore a sweater to the store and had to take it off.

No, I'm sure the markets will be busy tomorrow. I used to pick up our turkey dinners from the market the day before Thanksgiving and was always ran over by the shoppers dashing around. Thank goodness, I don't have to do that anymore.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary I just start out with 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened), and 3/4 chia seeds add no more than a 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I start with 1/4 cup and do a finger taste test). Then add 1/2 Swerve and 1 teaspoon stevia, Mix that well and add your spices. (1/2 teas pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Let sit out and stir every 5-6 mins until the right thickness then put in serving bowls and refrigerate. This amount makes 4 servings.

Hope this helps you. I can't find my recipe hahahaha!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Sharon- what is "Swerve"? and 1/2 teas. ? cup? WHAT of the Swerve?... and where in the rocery store is Chia Seeds?
That sounds good and I want to try it.
Elaine
Old 11-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lainey you can find chia seeds in your natural food stores or order it online. Swerve is a natural sugar sub. I order it from there website. The 1/2 teas. is for both pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.

Swerve is 1/2 cup. and a teas. stevia extract. It's in liquid form.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 11-27-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Sharon...'preciate it. Is that 3/4 cup chia...seems like a lot....but maybe I'm just used to using one cup of liquid. Will mix some up as soon as i have a little room in the fridge. Don't use Swerve but will sweeten to taste. My buds don't like really sweet stuff anyway.

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-27-2013 at 04:21 PM..