Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE Week, Nov.24 - Dec. 1 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/817534-exercise-week-nov-24-dec-1-a.html)

mykneesareback 11-23-2013 08:22 PM

EXERCISE Week, Nov.24 - Dec. 1

1 Attachment(s)
By Cracky, let's Bend, Stretch, Pull and Yank, and shake a leg, if we can :notwrthy:

Loretta V 11-24-2013 07:34 AM

I like Maxine's plan for today. Thanks for the start up Doris. Is your foot healing?

Shalbrihil 11-24-2013 09:33 AM

I'm down a few pounds since I've tried this so will do the doggie walk sometime today.

mykneesareback 11-24-2013 11:41 AM

Sharon, that is one of the reason's for having little doggies, that dh would like to have on, except, in the middle of summer. Do you have cooler breezes now, have to wear a jacket at least? :)

Loretta, you are getting some winter going there, now! Have the trees let go of all of their leaves?

I've been doing the bedroom exercises, pushups with that high bed, the extra high dresser, the extra low bathroom counter we have here, and the kitchen counters and island area. dh has his nap soon, so I will do the chair stuff in there. That's it!

mykneesareback 11-24-2013 06:49 PM

Did the 6 lb. weights extra time tonight, in case tomorrow is too hectic....:)

Loretta V 11-25-2013 08:09 AM

Love that avatar Doris. LOL

Walk but no work out today. I might try to workout later this afternoon.

Shalbrihil 11-25-2013 09:26 AM

Our walk was a nice one. No sweater needed. This morning woke up to 45 degrees. The heater felt good but will shut off soon as we are expecting temps to get into the 70's. Going to try another walk again today.

Has anyone watched Land Girls on net flex? There are 15 episodes and I had to watch it to the end last night. It was sure good.

mykneesareback 11-25-2013 10:51 AM

Sharon, isn't that how it goes, warm, then cool, then warm again, lol. I always felt sorry for the plants!! Do they bloom, do they stop, do they bloom again? lol Nope, never heard of what you watched, no time to watch any kind of stuff like that. I think we have the ability to, but never use it.

Did some line dancing this morning, after 9 am, Beach Boys mostly. We sure are glad we went to see them twice, will never be able to do it again, especially here, the prices are way higher here to see acts.

Loretta, hope you can get in some exercise stuff this afternoon.

mykneesareback 11-26-2013 05:14 PM

squats in the bedroom, high bed pushups, and bathroom counter pushups. Walked all over 2 large stores, and strolled Hallmark, and that is enough for today.

SuSUN 11-26-2013 05:44 PM

1.5 hr Walk in the woods with DD and her dog. My little old fellow cannot take the cold weather.

Moved a few things out of the garage and down the basement stairs a few times, then out to the shed.

mykneesareback 11-26-2013 05:52 PM

Susan, good old carrying "things" around sure does use those muscles to good advantage!! ;)

mykneesareback 11-27-2013 11:45 AM

Except for fooling around in the kitchen and room to room, no exercise today worth counting.........

Loretta V 11-27-2013 03:09 PM

Walk and workout today.

Cannot get my avatars to download. Not sure what the problem is since it always worked before.?????

Shalbrihil 11-27-2013 03:28 PM

Got a little walk in before heading to the bank. Dog first you know…haha!

Loretta V 11-29-2013 09:23 AM

Exercise workout and walk as usual. Love the routine of it all.

Cleaning house.

mykneesareback 11-29-2013 12:37 PM

Jack LaLanne chair exercises, kitchen counter push ups, bathroom counter pushups, and kitchen chores today.

mykneesareback 11-29-2013 08:12 PM

Did the 6 lb. and 10 lb. weights tonight, while watching the lights on the tree out front.

Loretta V 11-30-2013 11:41 AM

A little longer of a walk this am. It was beautiful, blue skies warmer temps.

Exercise workout upper and lower body.

Doris it will be a nice Christmas with your being there for your DS and family.

mykneesareback 11-30-2013 01:18 PM

Yes, Loretta, we are getting excited for all of that to happen!!

Did sort of squats trying to be careful of the foot, with a chair nearby.
Walked up and down the street to see how many others put up decorations this weekend, dh was interested. Pushups only with the kitchen counters today. Testing going up and down the step to the patio and back up again, the doctor will test me on that.

That's it for today.

SuSUN 11-30-2013 05:42 PM

Walk for an hour in the bitter cold triple wrapped up and in the woods so a bit more protected from the wind. DD and DGD, me and Billy her dog.

A few leg and thigh exercises in the kitchen

modon69478 11-30-2013 06:16 PM

Am trying to get back into the exercise habit (if I ever really had one). So, the past few days, I've been going to the gym and spending increasing amounts of time on the treadmill and recumbent bike. Today, I walked one mile on the treadmill and did three miles on the bike.

It's so much easier to do when I'm off from work - we'll see how I do, when Monday rolls around. :)
Michele

mykneesareback 11-30-2013 07:00 PM

Michele, is it possible for you to buy your own recumbent bike for at home? That would be ideal, sometimes you can buy one used from the classified ads if you think a new one is too expensive. Once I get the blessing from the podiatrist to bike again, we want to look for a recumbent bike for us, it might be better for dh's back, too. Just a thought.................:high5:

modon69478 11-30-2013 07:20 PM

Doris, I have one sitting in the box it came in, in the garage. I got it as a gift almost 7 years ago. I really don't want such a heavy thing taking up space in the house. Someday, I should put it on craigslist, or just give it away to some charity. Sounds crazy, right? I live within walking distance of the gym - there's really no excuse for not going, except laziness.

Michele

mykneesareback 11-30-2013 07:23 PM

Dang! We have ours in the tv room, aimed at the tv, lol, and at the other house it sat in the living room, aimed at the tv..............:D Don't worry what anyone who comes into your house thinks about the bike, gee whiz! ;)

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 09:00 AM

Jack LaLanne's chair exercises, and seated weights. Will do kitchen pushups and lifting of the limbs. No walking today.

mykneesareback 12-01-2013 12:54 PM

Walked after all, up and down the incline to our house out front, and it does help :)

Loretta V 12-02-2013 08:13 AM

Michele, I do believe you are right in saying getting into the exercise "habit".

That is what it becomes after a while. I have been walking for over 30 years and by now it is habit.

Stick to it for a while and make the time for it.

Walk in the dark this morning.

mykneesareback 12-02-2013 11:27 AM

I walked from the gas station over the parking lot to Tom Thumb this morning, didn't plan it, though. Expecting a man to come to the house soon to deal with pre need funeral stuff. Won't be squatting in front of him.