LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY Hump Day, Roll Call Nov.20

Get a jump on the middle of this week, errands done, lists made, only if necessary, of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 941804_687352887964605_1094226080_n.jpg (10.2 KB, 4 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks Doris. Hump Daay yeah

Holding my spot for today.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Lainey...it's James Spader and the show is The Blacklist. It is usually on Monday nights, but wasn't on last night.

Thanx for the start, Doris.

I saw our surgeon today, and I am on for a colonoscopy Dec 18. Yuk...

Tomorrow I must see if there re enough potatoes left in the garden for Thanksgiving Day, so I know whether or not in need to buy any more.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #4

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Yes, Doris, WE all would like a chance to prove that if we won the Lottery. Ha! Thanks again for our lead off.

Begete, Yes, Blacklist has been a good show so far. I thought Lainey was already watching that one. Lucky You with Taters in the yard.

Lainey, glad to hear your finger is on the mend. What an interesting ancestry you have.

Wishing All a pleasant Hump Day and hope to bbl...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

last night's post.

could not get it to post, darn.
bbl
SuSun, will watch anything with James Spader (thanks beete). Love that show from the start- hard to stay awake till it comes on.
More clearing the dining area and kitchen today. The Church is bringing my Thanksgiving Basket Saturday so for once they will see a clean area. Of course the back rooms are a horror by being so piled high but the doors close and just I know about that.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 11-20-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #6

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Didn't get in here or on line much at all yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

Sure would be fun to have a chance to spend some lottery money, Doris.

Hi Lainey, you are always busy cleaning out. Hang in there. Someday it will be done.

Babette, worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep.
Had mine done and it took twelve minutes. Got up, out and drove myself home since I refuse to be sedated for something like just the doctor's convenience. Although that first "left" turn is a doozie.

Hi ya Susan,

BBL
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...Not sure what I'll be doing today so will be sure to get into some kind of trouble. We've got a cold front moving through and are expecting showers with the heaviest rain coming tonight/tomorrow so if I'm to leave the house, it should be today.

Will probably do the run to the family history center which means I've got to dig out my notebooks...I wonder where they are? It's difficult to find stuff I haven't used for a while since I've been cleaning/sorting/tossing/moving stuff around. Lainey I can understand you feelings about getting the dining room cleaned. Mine was clear for a while before I started moving stuff in mine "temporarily" Now it's almost as cluttered as it was before...maybe that's what I'll tackle tomorrow and get it cleared up again.

Was having problems getting my notebook to wake up this morning. Would go so far and lock up...finally got it out of bed and moving, but I'm thinking it's not going to be with me for much longer. Can't remember how old it is, but I know they are obsolete almost from the time you get 'em home. I'm thinking it's at least six years old and the pc is more like 10, So will probably have to replace them soon. I still can't get used to the tablet, so may have to learn if everything else gives up the ghost.

Wishing all y'all a good day...will type ya later.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, got it to go over.

Mary, Mom was Leila Fleming/ bio father Johnson/ step Daddy Sanders. Bio Father was Edward Linton Johnson union s.c. died 1970 Chesapeake City, Va. HIS Mother was Etta Elizabeth Glass- his sister Gladys and lots of bros. and a few other sisters. Shawnee/Soux found tons of names and such like that but she has signed off. I really think there is some German in the bio fathers past because in NY I was often ask if I was Arian- my nick name was "Cotton Top" as a little kid. But the Indian on my Mom's side really could be there because they all LOOKED indian big time- Mom and all her 6 sisters were called "The Amazon Women" down by the creek. I was the only one that look so different- people said where did She come from?
Mary Ann is a little bit better but still real sick.
Time to snuggle in. Kitties are inside and I have People Mags Mary Ann gave me- she subscribes to them and her Dad to Time. In NY I read Time & there was another one that I cannot remember the name of that countered it- does Newsweek sound riht?
Anyhoo, Nihty Niht. Finger is almost well but now used to avoiding the G.
bbt
OH- lets do a bucket list: I'll start- See the Northern Lights in Alaska; visit the Cherokee Res in Ashville, N.C. and stay in a Tee Pee; see the famous Mosaics in Spain; the August Rodin Museum in Paris; see Egypt but not while in turmoil; too sleepy to think of more riht now... never made a "bucket list" before.
_____

Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

WHERE are those Bucket list?

I am feeling rotten today- well... not rotten but not up to par. What Dr.s call generalized malaise. Maybe brushing my hair and doing the daily face baby wipe and anti wrinkle moisturizer would help.
The laundry is not exactly Mt. Everest but striving for that- I am sick of it!
AM & PM Rxs and supps- sick of it! Loading/unloading the dishwasher- sick of it! 24/7 potty trips of 17 to 20 x 24 hrs- really sick of it! etc., etc.
Need to e-mail Mary Ann and see if she is better today- with the laryngitis I cannot understand a word she says but she did sound a tiny bit better last night. Her e-mail this morning said she did not sleep well and I personally think REST is the best help for all ailments and liquids of course. At least I ain't sick!
bbl
SuSun, I have begun prayers for you and your Dr. to have the best possible out come for your surgery.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #10

Cool day, dark, grey clouds in the distance, need to learn to "read" them.

Wishing Susan well on her meeting with the surgeon, and what plans will be for her after that.

Sharon, haven't heard from you in awhile, glad you are ok and probably "puttering" around.

Verleen, did you buy that tree with all the lights? I am curious about the white lights and then some colored lights on it, too. We are buying one before Thanksgiving sets in.

Off to do dh's meds ahead for a few days, he filled out paperwork for this new dermatologist, it was 16 pages of information they wanted!!

Chores beckon......

Have a good day, feel better Lainey, and Louise, how are you faring?

Mary, will you get any good moisture out of this "thing" passing from the Pacific? Begete, wondering if you will finally have rain, too?

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #11

Looks like surgery will be the week of Dec 16th and just a lumpectomy. The week before Christmas Oh Joy!
It is same day surgery which I prefer and just a small dimple in the boob.

We discussed the double mastectomy and she thinks at this point that is overkill for what I have, such a tiny cancer.
I am very grateful that it was caught early. The Pro for the lumpectomy is quicker recovery time but the down side is 3-5 weeks, of week-day radiation afterwards but no chemo. I think this is route I will take.
So I guess this is my early Christmas Gift!

Thank You for your prayers Lainey and well wishes from You All. I do feel very fortunate to have your support.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #12

Hugs to you, Susan!! That sounds like exactly what my mother had, back when she was 76 yrs. old, lumpectomy, and the radiation, she had to take a bus for the radiation treatments each day, had them for 6 weeks, but then, that was it. So glad you talked to the surgeon, and I think she being a "she" helped. Close to Christmas, but, we are Thankful for you!!!

Hope your evening goes ok.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm so glad to see that you will be getting a lumpectomy. Wonderful news, Susan.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Doris you're right. Just puttering around. It's raining here and suppose to be a little heavier tomorrow. Love to see it. I have to open my sliding glass door drapes and watch it now.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Susan, So happy to hear your news. My mother had the same procedure done when she was in her 70s also. No side effects, no problems at all. It really is a blessing that it was caught so soon.

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #16

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Susan that sounds like a wise decision. My best friend did just the same thing that you are doing. All is well for her now a year later. You have a wise doctor.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Wonderful news, Susan. At our age, the double mastectomy is a bit of overkill. Good decision there, girlfriend.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance...such good news Susan...I'm glad you made the decision and it seems like a good choice in docs.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all had a good day at the Family History Center, learned their new program and logged onto the LDS site...boy has it changed and is so easy to use. I've been working on it at home for the last hour or so and have become a bit frustrated, tho', so thought it was time for a break. I'm adding my family into the records as a means to learn how to use it and discovered one bump in the road (at least for me). When I add a name and the program comes up with a matching file, I can't seem to be able to append it into my file but it will show as a duplicate....grrrrr! I was requesting an online chat for an hour or so and didn't get it so will work with the director tomorrow to find out what I'm doing wrong.

I made another mistake in that after leaving the center, I ran by the new marketo and picked up a rotisseried chicken and it's not as good as Costco's...I guess I'm spoiled. I also picked up a pack of Dole Asian blend salad mix and it is really good....the greens are chopped like slaw mix, not leafy like spring mix. Went very well with the sesame dressing.

I also stopped by Goodie's even tho' I stopped by yesterday and picked up a creche set and a dollhouse for little bit...boy is she going to have a birthday. Now, I've got to find some furniture to go in it. It's used and shows someone loved it and I'm sure Maddie will enjoy it, too.

Doris, I don't know how much rain we'll get out of this front...rain is just starting to drop although it's been cloudy all day. San Fran is getting a lot in fact, they're saying it's the most rain since the big one of last December, and the mountains are getting a lot of snow. Mammoth is expecting are good fall. Our local snow bunnies are champing at the bit for a good fall on our slopes. We'll see what the clouds bring. (Just heard Tahoe is expecting more than 10 inches of snow tonight, and it's really coming down now.)

Hope you all had a good day.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Susan, I have a friend who just had that very same procedure and she is doing really well. As a matter of fact, she is complaining because after three weeks of radiation, she hasn't lost an ounce!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #21

A BIG Thank You to All and for sharing people that you know have had the same procedure.

I will just go with the flow now and get on with it.
Yes, I am extremely grateful that it was caught early.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote