LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S Roll CALL, Nov. 19

Tip toe into Tuesday, I have lots of chores to get a wiggle on, Thanksgiving seems to be coming way too quickly for us..........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 557049_327155900702341_1522922233_n.jpg (17.5 KB, 2 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning- Tuesday day. Thanks Doris.

Woke up starving so gonna make some eggs & chedder. Out of coffee so a market trip right after.
Holding my spot,
E.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #3

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
G'Day All,

Thanks again Doris, Yes you are literally tip toeing into Tuesday huh?

We have a dusting of the white stuff down right now. DS got home safely last night even though his flight was delayed out of NYC. I was following it online and he kept me informed.

The Geese are flying South now...wish I could Ha! One day!

I am taking a GF to get her brakes done on her car today. She will drive her car in and I will pick her up and take her to the local Mall for coffee and a browse around the shops. When the others heard I was doing this they want to come for coffee too, so 4 of us at the Mall today.

Lainey, Hope you manage to get your coffee supplies today. Enjoy your Breakie.

Waving to All and hope to BBL...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi SuSan and everyone.

HA! found a container of Folgers instant I did not know I had. I perfer Taster's Choice but "any port in a storm" right. I actually felt faint from hunger so scrambled eggs hit the spot and some spicy V/8 till I spoted the Folgers.
Mary Ann is so very sick with bronchitis/laryngitis. losing approx. 60 lbs in two months has wiped out her immune system.
I e-mailed her that I want to pick up chic. soup from the chianese store. I cannot cook for anyone here as the kitchen needs to be really clean to cook for someone sick.
SuSun is having her shrimp but Aaunt Jane tossed her dried food in the dining/living room... troubles, troubles I guess is life.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 11-19-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good Tuesday morning. No tip-toing for me. If I tried, I'd be stumbling across the room. Its 10 am and I've bathed, brushed my teeth and now heading down to wash my hair. Today Rich and I are going to Lowes to buy a tree with the lights alread on it. It's a 7 1/2 ft tree with 1,000 mini white lights already on it, plus another 500 that are larger and multicolored. It should be fun decorating it. I'm still hoping to go tree hunting with Cathy for a fresh tree sometime right after TD. It sounds like we are going to have 3 large trees, plus other decorations. I have to buy most of it. Thinking that I would never have another Christmas, while I'm living with Scrooge, I gave all my Xmas stuff away to my youngest and her crew. Since I kept it, I still have my Victorian Village to put up too. Decorating the stairwell and foyer will be a major undertaking with wreaths, swags, etc. I already have a little tree for the table in the DR. As this may be my last Xmas, I'm making the most of it. I think we may have a battle with the cats and the trees and decorations.

We are introducing the two cats this coming weekend. Do you think we should do this before the trees are up or after? All philosophies are wecomed.

Have a good day.

P.S. Doris, is that your new puppy in your avatar? I don't have fb and can't look it up.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135

Last edited by Verleen; 11-19-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, I'm up a bit early, full of energy, so I guess the SIRTs are doing their thing. (Silent Information Regulators which come one once one has adapted to the JUDDD woe) Guess I'll try to get my errands done today of which I was thwarted yesterday, so it's a good thing I couldn't sleep in the morning.

Begete, I see you're havin more rainy weather which will turn into snow when it hits the heartland...boy, that's just what they need after those storms that ran through last week. Do you stay pretty close to home when it's raining so much there? Was talking last night to one of the ladies who just moved down here from of the islands up there...can't remember the name of the town, or the island.

Better get moving to take advantage of my early rising...have a great day,folks, and I'll type ya later.

p.s. Verleen, posting at the same time...my hat's off to you for decorating one of the lovely ladies (that's what they call the Victorians in San Francisco, and I love the imagery)...sounds like the perfect Christmas. I hope you make it so. And, introducing cats at the same time. I'd try the introduction before the decorations, but I've never tried to have two cats at the same time. One of my fond memories of Christmas was a friend with cats who hung their tree from the ceiling...upside down, of course. Made for quite a conversation piece.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Goodness Mary, its hard to picture that upside down Xmas tree.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I never did figure out how they suspended the darn thing...and they weren't telling. They had a lovely cover stapled to the ceiling concealing the mechanics of the attachment. I still chuckle about it all these years later. BTW, it was a fully decorated tree, with tinsel and all; looked strange with everything pointing toward the tip of the angel, who was also upside down. But it sure kept the cats out of the tree and safe from the tinsel.

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-19-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Old 11-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Very popular for years In N.Y.C.

Small apts I suppose. Once you have seen the "tree" at the Met's. production of the Nut Cracker all others are... well, you know. Of course the Sak's windows are worth a trip from any where in the world. I never tired of that.
I am sneezy and cold so hope I am not coming down with something. Craving sweets but nada in the house. May mix a spoonful of Jiff & Smuckers Strawberry Jam to stem it a bit (no bread, crackers and leaving pasta and any other carbs strickly alone- as I sure want that size 10). Thinking about Eclairs which I have not had since my 20s.
Need to check my banking and then continue on with bagging summer tops and shorts which I started yesterday. I never did take out my summer before summer shorts and tops so I now have a life time supply.
Hmmm feet are cold so I'll double my socks- cold feet and I am cold all over.
Verleen, there will be trauma no matter when you introduce the kitties. I read once to switch their sleeping beds to get them used to each other scents- worth a try. I did that once with heating pads for each kitty on warm and switched them every couple of days- worked well.
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER HAD PAIN AND WIERD SENSATIONS ON THE RIHT SIDE OF THE 'DOWAGERS HUMP" AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NECK? HAVE HAD THE WIERD SENSATIONS FOR YEARS BUT NOW SEEMS TO HAVE LOCALIZED INTO PAIN ON EVEN THE SLIGHTEST MOVEMENT. MENTIONS THE SENSATIONS TO MY INTERNEST AND SHE SAID SHE DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. HATE X-RAYS BUT AM READY TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE- TAKING A PAIN PILL FOR SOME RELIEF FOR TODAY AT LEAST. THANKS.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

HMMMM- I would be loathe to hang an Angel upside down- glue on a felt bottom for goodness sakes.
e.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
So far the Cats have broken 1 of my Hanukka decorations and we are trying to figure out what to do about the tree...

No advice, Verleen, but if anyoe else has any, I am all ears.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

lol Beget.

I found one of my cats sleeping in the tree one year. My Mother kept one of those motion activated musical ornaments at the bottom of a tree branch and the cat KeToy hated that thing and stayed away. Of course tinsil is dangerous for them. In NY I loved watching them play with the "plastic" balls I used near the bottom.
Not feeling so hot because I feel cold & sniffily. Still wanting sweets ??? A hugh stack of pancakes would hit the spot.
bbl
Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Verleen, There's a place in Gruene, TX called the Grist Mill that hangs their tree upside down every year. Am attaching a pix. I know it's probably not very realistic for your home, but cool to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gruene.jpg (60.4 KB, 11 views)
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, great spiked eggnog and plenty of delish food and you can hang it side ways for all I care.
I hung about a 100 sparkly snow flakes of differ sizes and lengths from my living room ceiling (wanted it to look like a blizzard- I missed N.Y) and everyone loved especially my DD Ila- she helped... at 6 ft tall it was real easy for her.
Gonna read magazines for the after noon after I see whats on telly tonight. Maybe Reign is on- I only know that mondays and thursdays are my sitcom nights.
bbl
Beete, for the life of me I cannot remember the name of that Allen Speader show on monday nights at 10: 3 days trying to remember and it is driving me nuts. Please help me out. e.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 11-19-2013 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting day...made the necessary stops and was able to fulfill all requirements, so feel like yesterday was not a waste as it was a rehearsal for today. Did go to the Family History Center, met the director and had to re-familiarize myself with the computer programs they used....and, boy, have they changed as it's been quite a while since I visited there.

Sorry Lainey, no real info on your family yet, just spent the day getting used to the programs...I did find in one burial record; Leila Virginia Green, b. 1920 d. 2000, buried at Mount Vernon, VA...I assumed since we are about the same age, our mothers would be about the same age, too. Any chance this might be your mom? Very few Leila's, but a lot of Lelias in Virginia and the Carolinas, going waaaaaaaaay back. Anyway, as I said, I'm just re-learning the programs, so may take more time.

Finally found a lovely brown coat at the Goodwill today...most of my coats are grey or black...I do have a tan suede jacket, tho' but nothing for my brown dresses. Since I'm wearing a lot of dresses now, I wanted something appropriate. I'm a real nut for coats and blankets, I can't turn loose of any of them. I think I must be afraid of ever getting cold again. Heck, I even wear something over my head during the day and night to keep from getting cold....keeps the sniffles away, too. I can't remember the last time I had a cold.

Anyway, I barely made it back to the house for my meeting with the sister missionaries, but I did and we had a great lesson. Now it's time to kick back for while...hmmm, I may get on the computer and see what I can find to get me into trouble. Hope you had a good day...type ya later with the menu...

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-19-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #16

Oh Verleen, it's just a picture someone else sent me, because of our love of bulldogs, we likely won't ever have another pet again, not fit to take proper care of one is the reason, so we enjoy our "kids" doggies.

Cooling down here, slowly but surely. The fireplace guys came and checked out the gas line to the fireplace, and made sure it's not leaking and safe to use.

Have a good evening, steady as she goes, Lainey.....how is your friend feeling tonight?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #17

Breaking News!
I have an appointment in the morning at 9 am, with the lady surgeon that I have requested. They had a cancellation so I snagged that. So things are moving along. Hopefully I will know more tomorrow re a surgery date.

Doris, Yes I do think that pup is cute! Soooooooooo very cute just love that nose.

Wishing All a pleasant evening and hope to BBT...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #18

Oh good, Susan!!! I'm glad you got the surgeon you want and have confidence in, it will help a lot. Hope the appt. goes well tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Susan, So glad you've got the appointment with the doctor you want. Let us know how it goes.

Have a good evening all,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll echo those sentiments, Susan, so glad you got the doctor you want. It means so much to have confidence in the one who holds your life in her hands...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Good news SuSan... you will soon be on the way to recovery.

Mary, Mom was Leila Fleming/ bio father Johnson/ step Daddy Sanders. Bio Father was Edward Linton Johnson union s.c. died 1970 Chesapeake City, Va. HIS Mother was Etta Elizabeth Glass- his sister Gladys and lots of bros. and a few other sisters. Shawnee/Soux found tons of names and such like that but she has signed off. I really think there is some German in the bio fathers past because in NY I was often ask if I was Arian- my nick name was "Cotton Top" as a little kid. But the Indian on my Mom's side really could be there because they all LOOKED indian big time- Mom and all her 6 sisters were called "The Amazon Women" down by the creek. I was the only one that look so different- people said where did She come from?
Mary Ann is a little bit better but still real sick.
Time to snuggle in. Kitties are inside and I have People Mags Mary Ann gave me- she subscribes to them and her Dad to Time. In NY I read Time & there was another one that I cannot remember the name of that countered it- does Newsweek sound riht?
Anyhoo, Nihty Niht. Finger is almost well but now used to avoiding the G.
bbt
OH- lets do a bucket list: I'll start- See the Northern Lights in Alaska; visit the Cherokee Res in Ashville, N.C. and stay in a Tee Pee; see the famous Mosaics in Spain; the August Rodin Museum in Paris; see Egypt but not while in turmoil; too sleepy to think of more riht now... never made a "bucket list" before.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #22

Thank YOU All. Your support means a lot to me. I am ready for the next step.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Susan: Onward and upward. I'm with you in spirit.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote