LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY's Roll Call, Nov. 14

Today is hopefully a "stay at home" day, son and Silas are coming early in the afternoon, son has a sudden day off, so we will babysit while son goes to the gym, and then fix dinner for everyone.

Louise, I hope your fever and chills are gone, and you don't feel so bad, after those antibiotics bothered your stomach so much.

Going to remove this boot and get to bed, so many magazines, so little time, I love magazines around this time of year, nice pictures of things that I'll never make, cook, bake, or buy, but fun to look at........

See you Thursday's morning!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thursday will be a cooking and cleaning day for me. I intend to sleep late and then start cooking.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Popping in to save my spot.

Thanks again for the start off, Doris. Miss you on the other site too.
Enjoy your stay at home day and babysitting with Silas. Bet he sure has taken to you two.

Babette, enjoy your sleep in. Plan on that myself.

Do you still have your cleaning gal? Mine is a gem.

Don't quite know what I'll do tomorrow, but it will be something.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning,

Another 34 degree morning here... brrrr.... can't wait for the warm up!
Louise, sorry you're feeling poorly, hope you're back to yourself real soon. I think about you and Bob often and have been so inspired by both of you!

Waving to everyone - BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, I just saw this and had to share this with you as you prepare for your first winter in Texas:

Michele
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Texas snowflake.jpg (36.7 KB, 19 views)
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Oh Michelle, I love that...so true almost everywhere...here it could be a raindrop with the same reaction....Good morning all...sunny, warm and lazy here. Not sure what my day will bring, so will save my spot and bbl...have a great day folks.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #7

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Michele, that sure is true, lol, thanks for the laugh, I'll show it to my son later on.

Just getting a chance to read quickly, one of those days of bittily things to do here and there, phone ringing, and so on, same as some of you guys.

My printer is being naughty, trying to doodle around with it, and then I'll ask my son to check it out..........it is a very old printer will probably be the verdict.

Off to fix lunch for dh. Take care of yourselves!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had to pop back in to make another comment about the first snowfall. Our first winter in Colorado Springs was a real eye opener for these SoCal kids...fresh in the Army and the first time my husband had been in snow country. Well, our first snowfall came during the night and we lived on the north end of the city and Fort Carson was on the south side. The main highway through town was a four-laner (two in each direction) so we were totally surprised when it became a six and seven laner because no one could see the painted lines. You could imagine our surprise....but even more so was when we were driving home through the town...we hit one hill where no one was making it up it, sliding out and going caterwhompus all over the street. I was so proud of the DH as he adapted really well and we made it up the hill with no problems. Lots of other stories about snow and ice in C Springs that I won't burden you with but it was a real trip for us both. I'm sure all y'all have such stories to tell...but I just had to share this with you.

Finally decided one thing I'm going to do today....don't need anything but I'm going to make a trip to a new Stater Bros market which opened yesterday. There are no major grocery chain stores in the city I live in...only Stater Bros which is really the largest employer in the Inland Empire area of the L.A. Basin. Ralph's, Albertson's, Von's, and all the rest have closed their stores in this area...the reason being we are full of Mexican markets, one WINCO, two Super Walmarts, and a passel of Stater Bros. Well, one of the other stores closed last year and now SB's has taken it over. They have a fish counter, a great deli counter, and even a bakery (which none of the other SB's does) at least according to the ads...so I've got to go check 'em out...I really miss a good fish market.

Have a great day, all and I'll let you know about the new market...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-14-2013 at 09:25 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
No Linda, no weekly or biweekly cleaning help. We do have a mother daughter team that comes 2 or 3 times per year to help with heavy cleaning, like walls and baseboards and woodwork, but cleaners are very expensive here and we are now retired....They charge $100 for 2 hours for two people.

then again, a couple of days ago, when doing our October bank statement, I found a huge error I had made and it was like winning a lottery! So maybe I will hire them more often this year.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Yes, Doris, Thursday is a stay at home day.
Although, I am meeting DD and we will walk the dogs for an hour or so in the woods and that will be it. I will be at back home for the rest of the day. The temp has picked up a few degrees and the sun is out so will make for a pleasant walk but we will still need to be layered up.

Michele, Loved that pic you posted. I think that would work for the family in the UK too. Ha!

Babette, The cleaners up here charge $120 for 4 hours as they factor in their travelling time. That is for one person. Glad you discovered the error on the right side in the Black and not the Red ink.

Mary, interesting story about that snow fall and driving. Yes, well done for your DH getting up that hill. Let us know how your shopping expedition goes today.

Waving to All and wishing You a pleasant day.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thought I'd just run to the marketo and back, but stopped off at the dollar store. Yesterday, Nadine's little bit (birthday on Dec 11th) didn't have any toys with her and our errands took over four hours...thank goodness for the time spent at McD's to run off some of that energy...anyway, I thought I'd put together a little bag of busy-stuff and keep it in the car in case it comes up again. The dollar store seems to be the only place that carries inexpensive stocking stuffers, so glad I thought of it...between yesterday and today came up with her birthday presents, too.

Anyhoo, the store was great...packed with people, all of whom seemed to be just checking the place out and not buying a full week's groceries. I'm sure that will come after the grand opening is over....they were actually giving away prizes, like a bag of groceries an hour. It has all of the amenities the other store, but I wended my way back to the fish counter and picked up some lovely salmon which I just grilled and nibbled on. Also a good sale on blueberries and the small seedless watermelons. I bought one knowing that it's way past the season and this is probably from Mexico but WTH. I was a very good girl, nothing from the bakery which smelled like heaven or the deli with all the tempting salads and all. Anyway, I wish them the best and hope they can keep the doors open as they closed one a few years ago which was just down the street from a couple of the biggest Mexican markets...sure wish Fresh & Easy would open a store here...it's funny because the warehouse for F&E is here, but none of the markets. I know they're getting ready to leave the country (they're an English-based store) but they were so convenient to run in and pick up a couple of things...oh well, that's progress.

MeMe just surprised me begging for a bite (which she used to do but stopped) of me pickle...she took four bites of a dill pickle...she loves veggies, but this is the first for pickles. She must have craved the vinegar after the salmon, too.

Hope it was a good day for you wherever you are, as Whoopie Goldberg said, "Stay Happy! - Life's very short and we're doing alright."
Old 11-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Mary, that is funny MeMe wanting some of your pickle. We used to have a dog years ago that liked to have some apple even if they were Granny Smiths. I just think they want to feel secure and part of the pack to eat what we are eating. Yes my pup enjoys Salmon too but no pickles. Ha!
Love the Whoopie saying, so true!

Linda, Now do tell us who is in the Wedding pic? Lovely group.
Hope you get your energy back and get your pc time with us again.

Waving to All and hope to BBT...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote