LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's Humpy Roll Call, Nov.13

Getting another doctor appt. in today, that's the plan, so far.

How about the rest of you'all ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1001546_10200866653973102_318465511_n.jpg (25.6 KB, 4 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Happy HAAUMP DAAAY!

Wide awake at 4:20 am... high wind keeping me from falling asleep.
No plans today- maybe hair wash as Cancer Support roup on thursday.
Mary Ann's Dad went by ambulance to hosp. this morning. He has conestive heart failure but his BS was lowest I ever heard of without being in a coma.
That poor girl is dealin with a dying father and a being madly in love at the same time. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away I suppose.
Will try again to fall asleep.
bb when I wake up- when ever that will be.
Jeepers, it is so cold.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Brrrr..... woke to 34 degrees this morning - even the pup wanted under the covers! But it will warm up in a few days - back into the 70s they say - Yay!

Got to love it!
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
34 here also,let the horses out but will go later to clean.Cats were waiting for food so guess it's not to cold for them.

The Houston gang is coming this week-end and C. comes down with a cold(airplane germs).Will call to let them know.

Nothing planned as usual for the day.

BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, stay warm where ever you are. T'wll be no problem here as we're expected to hit 90 degrees...wish I could share. I understand this high pressure area that's over us won't be coming across the country, it's going to back off into the Pacific...what gives with the weather patterns, they're crazy.

Nadine is coming up from Hemet this morning for blood tests and a trip to the doc for her three-year old...she want's to take me out for lunch as she keeps offering and I'm on a down day so I've been refusing. Today is a DD but I think it's more important to eat with here...I feel it's a mitzvah for her. She's still in a lot of turmoil even with the move closer to her mother...the drama that teens bring is amazing isn't it?

I've started taking MeMe for walkies...so far can't go that far, but it's a start and she's enjoying it as you know she would. I plan on making it a little further every day until I'm back to walking the two miles again. She is always crying whenever I leave the house so she's still missing her sibs and hates to be alone...hope she gets better soon. All I can do is give her lots of huggies when I come back.

Yep I consider myself a foodie (that's one of the reasons I allowed myself to get so large...I thought that was the only way I could enjoy food, but I've learned different...I can have good food and not put on the pounds.) Hope you enjoy the pickled veggies...I also buy the Italian Giardiniera, the spicy kind as I like a little pep in my step. Then when I've mostly used it up, I'll blanch cauliflower and carrot slices and put 'em into the brine...keeps it going for a little bit more. I'll also make Guadalajara carrots if I'm having that craving...I'll post that recipe if you'd like. They're really good and several restaurants in the area have them as a side dish.

Guess I'd better get moving if I'm picking N up...have a great day folks and I'll BBL.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-13-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Never did sleep. What is going on with that?

I was out of Melitonin for about a week or 10 days so I rushed to the store to buy more and will not let it run out again.
Mary Ann's Dad is coming home tomorrow- He almost died- the Dr. told her even minutes later and he would be gone. I have been telling her and telling her for a couple of months to get all meds away from him NOW!!! But he is a real bully about being indepentent and she gives up. His dose was 3 units and he took 33... my Lord it was a close call. She had taken over the pills but he refused iving to let her manage his shots. Also now that Danny's wife knows he has someone else (he told her- stupid mistake) Mary Ann thinks she is backing out of the divorce. "AAAH- the soft, strong chains that passions weld."
I have decided to stay home for Thanksgiving- do not trust the old Cherokee to make the trip.
And that is that!
A big yes on that carrot thingy- could you please put it in a separate post as I want to copy/paste it and e-mail it to Mary Ann to copy for me. Thank you, thank you.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 11-13-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guadalajara Carrots

Guadalajara Carrots This is from an employee of the Guadalajara Restaurant on Main Street in Lake Elsinore, alas, they no longer serve the carrots.

2-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
10 carrots, sliced
1 onion, cut into chunks
pinch Oregano
pinch salt
pinch pepper
2 bay leaves
1/4 to 1/2 cup vinegar
12 slices jalapeno pepper

Saute garlic cloves in olive oil until golden brown and soft enough to smash with a spoon (Roast??) . Add sliced carrots and onion chunks; saute until al dente, about 10 minutes. Add oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaves and stir to mix. Add vinegar and continue heating until vinegar bubbles. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Put into a bowl and add jalapeno slices. Store in refrigerator overnight.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Linda - thanx for asking, but I didn't go last night. Last week, we had an activity that required me to be around people every day and I am so allergic to personal care products with scents as well as such laundry products, that by Monday I literally could barefly get out of bed. I felt a little better yesterday. Still not 100%, but I am hoping to plant a few bulbs today.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #9

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
24 degrees here this am. But no wind so it was a pleasant walk
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #10

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Yes Loretta, that wind makes a big difference, allright! It was 32 here this AM. Thankful for the heater working.

Begete, I'm sorry you got sick from the junk other people have on themselves, was wondering that you were going out a lot. Did you get some bulbs planted today at all? We are going to a better Thai restaurant on Friday evening, any suggestions? There is a smaller, more casual one close to us, but I got sort of sick from something there the 2nd time we went. This other one dh found, so we will give it a try.

Lainey, how is your finger today?

Modon, I guess you are used to it being cold and then warming up again for a bit before it freezes again, lol.

Gladys, hope Clarence's cold doesn't get worse!!

Mary, glad your little one is getting used to walking, it's good for both of you, as you say. Enjoy that warmth!!! You could grow a whole new garden, if that was your inclination, lol.

Finally got the printer ink that should work on my old machine, hopefully.
The podiatrist put me into a boot for 6 weeks, and prescribed steroids for a short while. Wants me to grow a beard...........
Old 11-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Been having chills and fever since Sunday - chemo related. I had to go to the ER Sunday night. Anytime my temp goes above 100.4, I have instructions to go there. They found no sign of infection and, thankfully, sent me home. Was on antibiotics for a couple of days but they tore up my stomach, so I got my doctor's okay to stop them.

Doris, there are steroids and there are steroids. If you turn into a bass, call your doctor! And maybe give up doing squats for the near term?

It was 24 when I got up this morning and today's high was 34. Had the first snowfall yesterday. Just a dusting, but very pretty.

Have a good one all.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hello All ! It is 5:40 p.m. here. Late for a check in. I probably should have just waited until tomorrow morning, but I haven't checked in for days and wanted to say hello to everyone.

It was 31 here this morning. Brrrrr I didn't have to go anywhere so I could stay inside, except for letting the dog out a few times. Sure feels like Winter today, but by Sunday the high is supposed to be in the low 60s again. The usual up and down temps this time of year.

I really hope everyone is doing well. You are all such a nice group of people.

I'm still working on my weight. Down a few more pounds since the last check-in. Not a lot, but hey...I'll take it!

Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get here before the P.M. for the 'morning' check-in. :-)

Linda

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Weezie....sorry you are feeling so poorly. Let's hope the chemo did the trick so it was worth it!
Doris, having some steroid issues myself. The dr gave me a new nasal spray that is half steroid and half antihitimine. It sure does improve my breathing, but that might explain the 3 poun weight gain in less than a week. Plus it leaves this horrible taste in one's mouth. I stopped taking it yesterday.
I did plant about 50 bulbs today.

I
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all back home after running the errands, then a little thrift store shopping...didn't buy anything which was a good thing. My little bit was waiting by the back gate when I got home and she wasn't crying...and.....she is eating some kibbles as I type, which is a very good thing as she hasn't been eating anything but the morning breakfast. I'm feeling worse and she's feeling better, which is okay. At least I know why I'm feeling bad,

Louise, hugs to you...so sorry to hear you've been ailing and hope you bounce back..those unexplained temp increases can be a trouble for you.

Babette, hope you're clearing your system, too, and was able to get out to plant the bulbs as you wished. I don't have a reaction to the stuff people put on themselves like you, but some people trowel it on...makes you want to barf.

I was such a bad girl...N wanted McD's so her little bit could play on the slide for while after that two hour bus ride up here...and I had a Big Mac. First I've had in years and when I put it into my food log and it was almost 600 calories plus the few french fries I ate...so much for a down day, so it's an Up day and I'll have dinner of lo chicken legs and noodles from last night and go to the DD tomorrow.

Hope everyone is thawing out and your temps will moderate...we did hit over 90 by the thermo in my car and dropping almost 20 degrees tomorrow...we even have a chance of rain next week, according to the x-spurts...of course, we're dropping into the 40's overnight even with the hi temps during the day.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #15

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Stayed indoors mostly today. DD came for a visit after walking her dog at another field near to DGD's school. It is more open and she came back here frozen with that frigid wind. I fed her and put the fire on along with the already on heating and she soon warmed up and even had a nap. Ha! Go figure Mom's place is a place to crash.

I did an online module thing for work took me 2 hours so I will book that time. Glad that is over. I have 3 more to do approximately the same time. I have until the end of the month.
At home tonight with me and the TV.

Many Thanks again Doris for our daily push out the door.
Hope that bootie and steroid does the trick to bring relief to your foot.

Mary, glad to hear you are stretching that walk daily with MeMe.

Lainey, Do you think you have fractured that finger? Hope that ouch settles down soon for you.

Louise, Great to see your post, sorry to read about your s/e s of Chemo.
Yes, I agree the first snow fall is always so pretty.

Gladys, sorry to hear C has a bad cold.

Waving to All and hope to bbt...