LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Nov. 2

We just got back from the ice hockey game, it's 69 degrees at 10:27 PM, unusual temperature for a Nov. 1 to us.

Susan, I'm glad your granddaughter earned a ribbon, she sure is young for what she is doing, that is wonderful that she could participate!! Proud Grandma!! Your son sure is lucky to have such a job and so much travel, but probably not much time to go out and explore where he is. Have a good time with your group of lady friends!

Off to bed for this Grandma, doggone it, plumb tuckered out around this homestead.

See you all Saturday morning, bright and early

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Off to Bellingham tomorrow early so wishing everyone a great day.

Congrads to your grand daughter, Susan.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off yet again Doris.
Sleep well.

Congrats to your granddaughter, Susan. She has to be so proud.

Babette, have a nice time in Bellingham tomorrow.

Pretty tired here so see you all tomorrow.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good Saturday to all. Thanks Doris for wake up call.

Slept the afternoon and all night away yesterday with only a wake period between 7: ish to 9: ish- guess I needed it from the sleepless thursday night. I read somewhere that studies show that actually you can catch up on sleep.
You are welcome Susan- I love hearing about her and also your son's travels- is he in the travel industry? I did re-think recommending "The Heat" here due to the language which Melissa sure poured on but to me the laughs were worth it. I do very much smell a sequel- keeping the albino would have been smart- but then again Sandra and Melissa are so big that there prolly isn't that much money even in Hollywood to pay them for a sequel.
I just took a double dose of Alkeseltzer Cold Plus for the decongestant it has in it. Made a little difference yesterday and I won't take it that way again but am hoping for more help from it today as I did wake up with the headache but only on the left side this time and nothing like the past going on 20 days.
Rained all yesterday afternoon late and all night last night which we needed but to clear today and cooler starting tomorrow.
bbl Let's all make it a day that counts!

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning Everyone,

So glad to be home! And, so glad to see to no flooding in my neighborhood! Even though I did watch the news on TV while I was away - early in the morning and late at night, but missed hearing about the LA airport guy. They did show a few pictures on TV about the flooding, but the full impact wasn't really felt way down on the coast. Most of the news I was able to catch up on was through social media.

The plans for today are the usual errands (dry cleaners, grocery store), laundry, pay bills, some housework, and, hopefully, a trip to the gym to ride the bike - I've got to do some kind of exercise. If there's time, maybe a trip to the park with the dog, too. Eating has been way off track these past few weeks so I know it's time to get back on track there too. Wish me luck!

Susan, congratulations on your granddaughter's accomplishment - I know you're so proud of her.

Wishing everyone a very pleasant and dry day!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #6

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
It's almost cool here, was 51 degrees this am.

Michele, I wondered about you when the news showed all the cars underwater, and trees down in Austin, and surrounding areas. My cousin's daughter moved there in September, and lives walking distance to the university, and says she never experienced storms like what they have had there lately. Have a good day getting your "stuff" done today!

Begete, wishing you a safe trip to Bellingham today, are you going to see Rae?

Susan, I'm glad you have plans for today with your group of friends.

Lainey, have you ever been checked for a sinus infection, pain that bad can mean an infection is present, and over the counter stuff won't work anymore. It hurts to even bend forward when it's that bad

Linda, I'm sure you have another full day planned for yourself today, will you walk at the Glen again?

The ice hockey game was fun, the arena is 9 miles away, not 4, according to my dh..........we parked in a section nearby full of shops and restaurants, walked around the whole thing before the game, and discovered a Thai restaurant we want to try out. What a change of pace to be here, I need to stay home and get some housework done

Have as pleasant a day as you can muster up.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Hi Doris, I always associate fever with any infection and my temp runs low usually and no chills. I was told by a N.Y. Ears, Nose & Throat/ Doctor that people have two tiny tea cups on either side of the nose between the eyes & eyebrows- ALMOST all lean slightly to the back of the head. A very few people like me as shown on his x-rays sit straight up and cannot drain with out powerful decongestants for several days. Even lavage does not work as I had that procedure done to no avail long ago. It takes a long time but- usually several years but NOW I need those powerful decongestants and will ask for them next month when I have my follow up with my Internist. I am going to try using my nettie pot and laying cross wise on the bed with my head hanging back off the side and see if that will help at all- it has before.
tmi sorry.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning, we're just taking it easy today. Some would say our day of rest. I was awake by 6 this morning so got up and had an early breakfast of hot cereal made with flax meal and chia seeds. That was sure satisfying. There was a nice chill in the air. We've been watching the weather channel to see what's happening in our other states. We have a SIL that's in Colorado and boy they are getting hit with snow. Doris, it looks like your getting missed by all the rain. Michele how are you doing where you are?

Have the best day you can muster. I'll be checking back from time to time.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Sharon, Thanks for asking -- my neighborhood only got around 5" , but other parts of the city really had some significant damage. There are still a few shelters open to help those in need. Am very grateful.

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Saturday All,

Wishing All a calm and peaceful Saturday. I enjoyed the coffee and chat yesterday with the GFs. We hope to see Last Vegas on Tuesday afternoon.
I have booked my car in for its snow tire change over and oil change. Sign of the season. I guess the Christmas decorating can start soon.

Lainey, yes DS is in the travel business.

Doris, hope you enjoyed the hockey, we have a stadium arena close by.

Here is a pic for our Kitty Lovers!

HalloweenKitty.jpg
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all, another warm day here before temps drop tomorrow (according to the the x-spurts). Handyman is here to repair another fence post and secure some other boards. I think my redwood stake fence is almost the last in the neighborhood. Most folks have replaced them a couple of times in the 30 years they've been standing. The owner of my house has found it's cheaper to keep fixing it board by board, post by post. That's okay with me....I just have to keep an eye out for nails that come loose as my tail waggers are escape artists.

Lazy day otherwise....I'm going to go through the closet sorting the long sleeved tops and my exercise clothes. Thanks for the reminder of the dry cleaners, Michele, as I did find a couple of jackets that need to go. I'm also making a stack of "good" clothes that will need to be re-tailored...thank goodness I found a cleaners that also does alterations. Those will wait til the spring, at least, as I want to give the body more time to adjust and I'm working on losing that last 40 pounds. One day I'll be as svelte as you all.

Doris, love that you and yours have made such a good move. I know you like the hockey arena, now when the soccer season starts your dh will be in seventh heaven, Does Dallas have a pro hockey team? and the chance to be "real" grandparents is great.

Lainey, have you looked into acupressure to help ease your sinus problems? There are a few points that will help ease the pain and congestion. I'm sure your library has several books that will help locate those points. I became interested in acupressure while in Alaska and have carried it over with me; frequently use some of the points to help me. I also understand you can have infection without fever.

Susan, congratulations to your little one. I know you are so proud of her.

My dinner went really well last but one had an upset tummy so couldn't enjoy it too much. That's okay as I enjoyed doing the cooking. Time to get busy doing nothing so will BBL. Have a great day folks.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU All for the kind comments re DGD.

Nerves before the ride, early morning with her Mommy.

RoyalRing.jpg

Here she is accepting her ribbon at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto yesterday.

EllaRibbonRoyal2013.jpg
SuSUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #13

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Susan, a huge congratulations to Ella. You all have to be very proud of her.

Doris, too cold, damp and windy to walk much outside today.

Lainey, have you looked into seeing a good ENT to perhaps do a sinuplasty
Sinuplasty

to the rest of the gang.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote