LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Nov. 1

Janie, it was good to read your "hello", wish you would come back on now and then, we have mentioned you from time to time, wondering how you are doing

Begete, I hope you and John can take the motorhome out soon for a good test run again soon!!!

We had so much fun with Silas at the carnival, it was put on by a large Baptist Church, a Harvest Festival is what it's actually called, but they have been doing it for years. We expected some little carnival, but it was huge, and they had a wonderful area with little games for pre school kids, and they got their "treat" after they played the game, so much fun for them. Silas was delighted, and we had a lot of laughs, felt like "real" grandparents, lol.

Just returned, and are POOPED, just like real grandparents, too!!

Let's have a good Friday, wondering how Verlene's Halloween went, and hoping Lainey's bad headache went away, finally.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hey Doris and those to come in.

OMG I was all set to take one more Percoset 7.5 but I try to keep it onesies only once in a while and I thought I'll try a MOVIE I down loaded on here and it worked. Yall gotta see HEAT... what a ride and it cured my headache. Maybe laughing is the best medicine. Was just going to start it but did not move a inch for the whole movie. A HOOT!
Now I got to take my night meds and hit the hay.
Glad you had such a fun day Doris. I did not see Janie's Hi! I think of her so often.
bbt

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hello. It rained all day and night yesterday. The poor little kids got soaked. We had hundreds of kids and I loved it. The moms said that the turn-out was low because of the rain. Holy moly. I can't even imagine a high turn-out. I bought too much candy. I wonder who's going to eat all that leftover candy. I overheard many comments about my Halloween decorations.

Cathy will be over today and I'm thinking of making a pork roast and the works. I probably shouldn't because I'm so tired from the T or T last night.

Doris, I'm happy to hear you had a good time with Silas.

Hi Janie. Good to see you.

Have a great weekend.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #4

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Funny thing, Verleen, minutes ago, I dug out your email address and was going to email you, to ask how your Halloween went, and I clicked on here, and you just posted! Glad it went well, sorry for all the rain, so you couldn't get rid of a lot of your candy though. Pork roast sounds good, I have one in the freezer, need to pick a day to fix it.

We are heading to an ice hockey game tonight, not NHL, but lower level, and the arena is only 4 1/2 miles away, my husband is so happy, lol.

Waving to everyone who hasn't made an appearance yet.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning for another 2 minutes or so.

I darkened the house but loved watching "Sailor Joe Retired" sitting on his porch handing out candy so could see some of the costumes- my dark house and his out door lights made for great viewing.
Sniffing my coffee steam has abated my horrid headache I woke up with and it is sinus as the right side of my head was completely closed. (darn spell check makes me enter 3 or 4 spellings before the red underline goes out- course Ms. SuSun's "G" drives me nuts).
No plans for today- Kitties ate 4 chicken legs for breakfast between them. Now I have wonderful broth for some beans soup for today and the week end. Those fab lentals as inspired me to go country for the winter. The red beans would let me do some chili as well. I must have over a dozen bags of beans and as many lentals to last forever- most of the winter for sure.
Mary Ann is off on her "love" week end- her Dad and brother think she is visiting her daughter in Charleston, S.C. (daughter covering). She told her Dad and brother to let me visit "Missy" and even walk her but I will just sit in her back yard and toss a ball with her. I was grieving not seeing her for 3 days so I was happy to hear that. She jumped in my lap wednesday and not being used to doggies I opened my mouth to greet her and got half of her snout in my mouth with a tongue "French Kiss" like I have not had for many a year. Not an intrigue lover here but will go with it and guess what? it is kinda fun.
So that is what's new in my neck of the woods.
Lots of wind and warm but overcast. Time to clean myself up and putz about the house and yard before the rains tonight. Achey back is telling me that it is really coming and may come lots earlier than expected as it some times does around here.
bbl
All time favorite picture of Ila and myself. "Mommy Love" with her brand new Lt. Col. in the Air Force. Be sure to click on the pic and remember that was not too long after my cancer surgery so I am looking a bit poorly.
Y'all all have a blessed day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _BCD9967_1_1_1_1_1.jpg (43.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 11-01-2013 at 09:19 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning..another sunny day in SoCal so I've risen and am shining, too. Glad you all had a good T or T night. As I've said before, Verleen, I love the thought of all of your lovely ladies on your block decorated for the holidays and as this was the start of the season, would have loved to see your street. I don't hand out treats and have never been tricked, although when I was a youngun' we used to pull some. Times were different then, weren't they?

Yesterday I started going through the tops closet and after trying on a few, decided even the large blouses were wearable so stopped on and just arranged them by color. After I lose some more and (maybe) after I less top heavy, I'll try it again.

The lady I've been helping out completed her move to the town where her mother lives about 30 miles away so we'll have to schedule her trips here to help me out. That is a good thing as her teens like that school which will ease her life a lot plus she'll have mother and grandmother to help with the three-year old. I'm hoping she'll have enough help she'll be able to go back to work. I'll miss being able to give her a call to come over, but this is a really good thing.

don't forget time shifts Sunday morning so evenings will be longer again, tho' the day people will be getting up in the dark...

House cleaning and cooking for guest for supper tonight, so will be moving most of the day. So hoping you all have a good Friday and good things come your way....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary, you and I need to get together on this clothing business. While I have lost two sizes on the top, I have lost only enough to make my bottom size just a little baggy instead of bursting out of my jeans before I lost the 24 pounds.

Going to be rainy today and tomorrow. Today we will do a little shopping and a little baking.
Tomorrow we head north to Bellingham to meet up with a Canadian friend for lunch.

Tonight, a community pot luck.

Janie - how asbout an update?

Have a good one
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol, Babette, I would love to be able to find someone to whom I could pass along my undergrown clothes as I prefer to see the person I'm helping..makes it more personal. But happy to have found a women's shelter. At least I know my stuff is going to someone who really needs it.

I hope no one is traveling to L.A. today as I'm sure you've heard of the foofaraw going on at the airport. Of course, our local channels are running nothing but news of it. Even tho' I was in the business for so many years, I hate the "breaking news syndrome" The talking heads have no more information but they continue talking ad infinitum. I know the news department loves to fill the time (and I used to love doing the remotes) but it still gets my goat.

Piddlin' around the house, picking things up and doing the make ahead stuff for dinner tonight...what fun planning food for friends again. type ya later.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hey, Mary - I've been traveling all week and dealing with torrential rains. Just got home - what happened at the LA airport?

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All, just getting here.

Thank YOU Lainey, re your comments for DGD. She placed this morning and got her ribbon not sure if she was 4th or 5th but happy as it was against 22 other girls. The other girls that she is competing against are older average age 14 years and she is only 9 years the tiniest. I watched it via live stream on my pc at 8am this morning, so we are happy that she got a ribbon at least.
She has another ride tomorrow afternoon and then they will head home on Sunday.
I am sure they are just full of adrenalin right now. Ha!

DS is staying at the Waldorf Astoria at Chateau Versailles tonight, he leaves France on Monday and flies to London for the week. I get him home next Friday.
Can you tell I am missing my kids. Ha!

I am planning a movie outing with the group from the hospice. I have suggested we see "Last Vegas," looks like it could be a good laugh.

Lainey, WE saw the Heat a couple of months back it was a hoot but lots of language huh?

Waving to All and hope to bbt...
Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #11

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Finally getting in here. Been a nasty, stormy and very windy day and night.

Happy you and G had fun with little Silas at the carnival, Doris.

UGH Babette, repairs on Motor Homes are very expensive.

Oh Janie, so good to see you pop in. Please keep in touch.

Verleen, like Lainey I no longer have your e mail but you have mine. Please keep in touch too.

Hi ya to Susan, Mary, Michelle and lurkers.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all, my dinner with the ladies went very well...and I made it through the day without eating, so was able to hold it within my DD limits....Hooray!!!

Sorry for not giving the particulars earlier, I know it's on the national news but it was another nut with an automatic rifle firing at the TSA agents at the L.A. airport. I guess six people were shot, the entire airport was terrorized by the gun fire. One TSA agent was killed and the shooter was taken...injured, but still alive. I'm sure you'll be hearing about it.

Tired from all the cooking, and I've a fridge full of leftovers on which I'll be eating for a while. Hope your day was good and good things came your way....BBT