LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S Roll CALL, Oct. 27

Lightning and thunder here, so this is a "quickie" friends!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Happy Sunday to all.

My BFF met someone at on line dating and I am a bit sad but we had fun while it lasted. She is like a school girl. With my cancer and resulting potty's on going issues I do not see myself in that arena anymore. My big plans are fixing up the house and grounds all winter with a much calmer spring and summer because of getting it all done over these coming winter months.
It is a bed time reading fest for me tonight and looking forward to snuggling under Mom's beautiful quilt with the two kitties now coming in for the cold nights.
I LOVE zoos and always have- I love the slow pace of the animals lumbering about and napping. It is like time is almost standing still.
Sweet Dreams
bbt

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Our first day we could see out the windows (fog lifted) in weeks and we had to go to the mainland for some shopping and a party.

Right now I am on the ferry heading home and hoping we make it before the fog rolls in.

Like Mary, we were also almost out of cat food, and we also spent over $150.00 for the two of us and the cats.

No plans for Sunday except reading the paper and working in the garden if the fog allows breathing outside.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
I'm not exactly sure where I should post this question so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. :-) I do qualify for this group! :-)

My appetite is increasing and it's making me a bit nervous. I've lost 50 pounds and do not want to gain anything back. I'm thinking that I'm eating too many carbs. I've never counted carbs since I started this time. I've counted in the past and always gave up. Just so much going on in my life.

So, my question is this... do you have a simple way to keep your carbs down without counting carbs?
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just running in to save my spot.

Thanks for the start off Doris. Bummer on the thunder storms.

Oh Lainey, so sorry about your BFF meeting someone on a dating site. Sheesh!! That could be dangerous for her. Oh well, hopefully she will see the light and stop that crap.

Be careful in that fog, Babette. Hope you got home safe and sound.

Enjoy your day reading and working in the garden.

Hi and Granny, Never really counted carbs myself but just stuck with Atkins. The weight came off and stayed off since 1997.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Here I am wide awake.

Grammy, I strive to not eat any at all and that seems to keep them at bay. I just had a midniht snack hoping it would help me go to sleep- 2 saltine crackers with a thin smear of peanut butter and a double cup of peach tea with monk fruit low calorie sweetner. I know the tea has caffeen but I have had coffee late at night and slept well but we'll see. I do the Up day (even days) Down day (odd days) and really watch every bite on the down days. This plan and lots of walking weather permitting keeps me even or losing pretty well. Lots of differences here but we all try as best we can.
The tea with the monkfruit sweetner is delish. Now to read a bit "again" and then lights out again! Guess I slept too well last night.
bbt
Linda, she met him today and is having dinner with him tomorrow and says he is too good to be true. She is positively giddy! They are both 64... I am happy for her but a little wary as well. One guy she met last week was a horror but this one seems to be making up for that one. Hoping for the best. She really is limited by taking care of her elderly father and he already is not happy about it all. We'll see. I must say "Danny" the engineer does sound wonderful.
Maybe some of my newspaper puzzles will make me sleepy.
bbt again.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 10-26-2013 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: up tic on Mary Anne's gentleman friend.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning all,

I think we're done with the rain for today so I think the boat brunch will go off without a hitch. The doggie daycare owner has planned this annual 'appreciation day' event for their clients and employees - we all have such a good time.

Hope Doris reports back on how the trip to the zoo went.

Enjoy your day!

Michele

Last edited by modon69478; 10-27-2013 at 08:03 AM..
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Sunny and cool here but the temps will be going up to the mid 80's today but that slider is coming in tonight, so we're looking at chilly and the possibility of rain tonight and tomorrow. The hot tub is up to temp this morning, so looking for a good long soak later.

Thanks for the start, Doris, and waving to all. Hope you have a great day.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Sunday All,

DS is getting ready for his flight back to Paris, an overnight flight again. I will take him to the airport later this aft. Thanks Loretta about the bounce back comment. You are so right, he is back to normal already. The pain was just intense while he passed the kidney stone on Friday night.
He does look exhausted though. I don't think all this travelling back and forth is good for him. He keeps saying it will settle down after the end of the November.

Lainey, That is encouraging that your BFF has found a date. I have been wondering about making male friends too, but with all this health stuff right now I can't think of that.

Enjoy that boat brunch Michele sounds like a great appreciation day.

Enjoy the Zoo Doirs!

Happy Sunday All and hope to check back later...

Last edited by SuSUN; 10-27-2013 at 09:15 AM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #10

Good Morning, gang!

Doris is reporting that we aren't going to make the Zoo today, daughter in law has to work this morning, and the Zoo closes at 4, we are postponing it, but we will make it for sure, since the weather is comfortable now for the next few months. I would like to join the Zoo, easier that way.

Hi Grammie, you are normal with what you are feeling, if there were magic words we could say to you, to make it easy, none of us would be here after years and years. You know what you have to do, in your heart........change it up, exercise more, or differently, join a group, maintenance is harder than losing, but no one can offer you some cutesy saying or book or whatever, you have to look within, maybe to find out your heart ain't in it right now. Sending hugs and commiseration is what we do best here!!!

Susan, I'm worried about your son, flying off to France, with those kidney stones now, did they give him some kind of med to take? Goodness!

Begete, hope you get some gardening done!

Linda, are your Amish markets finished up now for the season?

Lainey, did you have to wait at the Social Security office to apply for Food Stamps, or where do you go for that, what a headache to deal with now!!

Michele, I'm glad all the rain is done so you guys can go out and have fun today!!

The storm last night, was something awful, but power stayed on, only the lightning or something hit the Time Warner box, and the computer went out for awhile. Scary stuff, to me, because of not being used to it, the whole neighborhood lights up with the lightning, I watched in awe. No wonder my mother hates thunder and lightning, it does sound like an air attack, she never forgets when the Russians attacked Berlin and it sounded like that to her.

The kids are coming by this afternoon to have a cook out, and we can play with Silas for a spell, football games are on tv.

Take Care.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning all,
Dull,dreary day out.Didn't listen to the weather report so don't know if rain is coming.Have not cut grass but only the seed heads are growing,not bad.
My back is giving me heck so been heating pad surfing the last couple of days.
Michele,that is a great doggie daycare.
Julie, how are you? Do you have company.I love hearing about your park and the people.
Lainey,that on line stuff scares me but I'm afraid of every thing.lol
Susan,that traveling makes my old bones hurt,the young love it.
Doris,how is your foot/heal and the med problems?Dh use to get his Plavix at the VA but now has to order from my Letter Carrier plan.Have you tried the VA in Tx.for G.'s meds.
Have a peaceful day,take time to rest.
BBL
Old 10-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
It's raining!! and I am so happy. First steady rain we have had in about a month. Our project for this morning included major watering and now mother Nature is doing it for us.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #13

It's great, Begete, we had and inch and a half last night, so dh shut off the automated watering until the springtime, yippee!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Doris for our start out.

Good morning everyone. It's a gloomy day so far and feels more wintery here. It won't be long if this keeps up we'll start the heater once again and put the fans away. They're still talking about a little rain sometime next week.

All the college fun is over now at our lake so we will be heading over there with the fur boys for some stepping out. Not much more planed.

When you mentioned zoo the other day it brought back memories of visiting the Los Angeles Zoo. It was amazing and so big! We would take the tram to see it all then hang out at our favorite animal sites. I loved the gorilla. He was a real character. He would really put on a show for all who would stay and watch. Ha!

Grammy We are all on different weight loss plans here but Doris nailed it for success. I find because of meal planing for my type 2 diabetes that I need to keep carbs (sugars) as low as possible. That seems to keep my cravings from coming back. I had terrible cravings. Now since I started eating this way they have disappeared. I have fruit and a sweet potato once in awhile, bread on rare occasion if it's sourdough and dark chocolate. Those are my special things to have. As far as it goes I'm not a fast loser but my body is adjusting to where it needs to be. That's my personal eating program. I have never counted carbs. Just look at the food and keep it simple. My blood sugar is low now and I'm liking no more medication.

Susan your son is very resilient. Gallstones are no fun. I had to have my gallbladder removed because of them.

Gladys I'm a scaredy cat too.

Lainey your plan for the colder months sounds like a good one. I need to clean out some closets and get organized once again. There must be a little gremlin bringing back the things I throw out.

Have a wonderful day everyone doing what you like to do.

See you later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 306496_200170523384652_534861008_n.jpg (29.2 KB, 2 views)

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 10-27-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
Can I chime in? :-) I'm looking out the window and the wind is kicking up here in California but the weather is still warm enough to have the back door open.

I canned pumpkin all day on Friday and so I'm resting today. Went to church this morning and since I made dinner 'yesterday' I don't have to cook tonight.

I'm working at lowering my carb intake today and hoping it will take care of the cravings. So far... NOT! I know it takes time. Thank you for all your kind helpful comments. What a great group!
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Sharon, DS passed a kidney stone, not a gallstone. I believe gallstones are extremely painful too. Glad you had that removed so no more pain for you.

Doris, Oh Thank you for your concern, DS has his meds with him and of course health insurance if he needs the hospital or doctor over there. He may never pass another kidney stone even though they are there. He bounced right back to normal the following day.
Hope you get to the Zoo some time soon. What kind of work does your DDIL do?

Gladys, Yes you are right travelling is for the young. That is why I don't go back over the pond to England any more. But I do I like the 3 hour direct flight down to Florida especially when the snow flies up here.

Lainey, Once Upon a Time is On tonight. I have it set to record.

I dropped DS at the airport for 5:45pm he flies to Montreal first and then connects direct to Paris and arrives there tomorrow morning. He might be able to catch a few hours sleep overnight.
I will get settled in with MEself as Lainey puts it with my TV shows.

Pleasant evening All and hope to be back tomorrow...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Coming in to say Nighty Night.

Susan, I watched it toniht and it was so good- Hook's brother was a hunk! Next week looks to be really good.
To bed with meself to read a bit and get toasty.... only thing that will stop the yawning.
bbt
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh Lainey I love Once Upon a Time and now Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I look forward to them each week. Downton Abby is getting close to showing here. Can hardly wait for that.

Thank you Susan for clearing that up. I'm glad he is doing well now.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote