Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 26 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/815996-saturdays-roll-call-oct-26-a.html)

mykneesareback 10-25-2013 06:54 PM

SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 26

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing flies by like TIME !!!

mykneesareback 10-25-2013 08:16 PM

Those of you who have hummingbird feeders out, have your birdies stopped coming by now? Seems the migration supposedly started late this year, according to some bird people, how is it where you are located?

Thanks for the info about the Halloween at the Dallas Zoo, Michele, we would not be going there at night though. :) After looking them up, it seems like a much larger zoo than we had thought, probably would have to take grandson several times over to see it, have you ever been?

Wishing everyone well, and hopefully, a good, restful sleep tonight!

Shalbrihil 10-25-2013 08:30 PM

Thanks for the start off Doris.

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick wave before bed. Doris we have hummers mostly year around. Our neutral weather keeps them here. We also have Canadian Honkers year around. They fly from the golf course close to the beach to our lake and back. They fly right over our house in the evening. :)

Well best settle in now and get some rest. Will be out doing some walking at our lake tomorrow. Our college is having a Mud Mash event. It looked like quite a course they had laid out for the ones who want to be in the event. Should be fun.

See you tomorrow.

LoveMontana 10-25-2013 09:32 PM

Hi Doris, yes it's too late at night to take little Silas to the zoo to do the Halloween thing, but in a few years he will enjoy it.

Our hummers have been gone since the first part of Sept.:sad: Unfortunately those Canada geese never leave and hang around all year and make a huge mess. Darned things poop every 12 to 15 minutes. Yuck.

Our university hires dogs to chase them away from the soccer fields, but they just keep coming back.
At least the airport hired people to shoot the darned things.

Hi Sharon.
Off to bed here too.

Begete 10-25-2013 11:03 PM

We still have bummers here. Not sure if it is the more temperate climate or our decision to feed them with plants rather than feeders. We have perennial and annual fuchsias and both are still in full bloom.

Tomorrow we travel to the mainland for Peace Corps annual reunion. All the Pacific Northwest volunteers who served in Turkey get together for bayram which is a sort of Turkish Independence Day.

Have lots of errands to run on mainland on the way.

Have a good one.

modon69478 10-26-2013 05:58 AM

Yes, Doris, I have been to the Dallas zoo in years past and remember enjoying it very much. Hope it's not too rainy over where you are today so you can enjoy it too.

Got the usual Saturday errands going on here, and hope to meet up with friends for dinner later on. The rain is supposed to make its way down here by 5:00, but maybe it will wait a little longer. :dunno:

Enjoy your day everyone!

Michele

mykneesareback 10-26-2013 08:16 AM

Sounds like an interesting weekend for you, Begete, hope you get all of your errands done on the mainland, since it's Saturday. And enjoy seeing old acquaintances on Sunday!

Michele, we should enjoy the zoo, and it probably will be a place we visit often, since it's not hard to get there. :) We used to go to the San Diego Zoo years ago, when the boys were young, but it took a lot of travel time. Have a good Saturday, before the moisture hits.

Linda, they have trouble with the geese at the Sacramento airport, have tried a lot of things, including shooting, dogs, etc. but it still seems to be a problem, just because of where the airport is located.

I have been told the hummers should still be migrating through here for another 2 weeks, but they tend to settle down further south. dh moved the feeder so it can be "seen" better, there are several trees out back that hide things.

Lazy day at home today, fixing catfish for dh for dinner, going through stuff, etc. Have two old lamps, need to make up my mind what to do with them, donate, pay to have them rewired, or toss away, they are 50 yrs and 60 years old, but still work..............

Mssarge 10-26-2013 09:26 AM

Good morning all. Spotty sunshine throughout the basin; some places are socked in, others, like here, are nice and sunny. Temps going up today and we'll be 10 degrees above normal dropping to 15-20 degrees below normal Monday. That inland slider will be moving in late Sunday night and they're expecting the snow level to drop to the 5000 foot mark...so much for Indian Summer.

Lainey, just in case you missed it, you posted over on the Friday's thread...isn't it nice having some closet space. I just wished they wouldn't get so dusty...I guess you know I'm a terrible house keeper now; certainly not like my momma taught me. How's the woe going? Losing some weight? Or inches, which are always the first to go? I thought you had changed and were feeding your babes chicken rather than the shrimps.

Doris, Does the Dallas Zoo have the membership? I used to love mine at the San Diego Zoo. I'd visit frequently and just see one part at a time....decide I just wanted to see the cats one visit and the next the African animals,or the aviary. Such a lovely way to enjoy the Zoo mot trying to see it all in one visit and tiring out...with the little one it would be a great way to go. Also, why pay someone to rewire a lamp; it is so easy to do so and I'm sure you're local version of Home Depot or Lowe's would be glad to demonstrate the technique...speaking of which I have a couple of lamps I need to rewire. I know there are hummers around but the last time I put out the feeder, I fed the ants and didn't see a one; but then, I have few flowering plants on the patio to attract them. I lovely the idea of having fuchsias on the patio...maybe in the spring I'll rethink my pots. Right now I have mainly herbs and the tomato and pepper.

More closet cleaning today, moving onto pants and tops. I wish I could find someone who needs size 18-20 but there's always the battered women's shelter that needs things, although they have one of those railroad cars for storage. Right now I have a mix of sizes I can wear, everything from 12 to 16; the 12's were a surprise they fit. Also, my hot tub is being set up this afternoon...just in time for the cooler weather. Trying on clothes will take up the biggest part of the day.

Hope you are all busy and have a great day...type ya later.

mykneesareback 10-26-2013 12:20 PM

Yeah, Mary, the Dallas Zoo does have membership plans, we need to see how hard it is to get there first, lol. They even charge only $5 for seniors every Wednesday, so that would be fun, to go there and walk around, for pleasure alone. We used to pay for the boys to belong to the San Diego Zoo Koala Club, they like that, but we lived up in San Jose at the time, so couldn't go often, they did have a Newsletter though. This should be a good thing, to have a Zoo close by.

Hope everyone is having a good day, productive day, and so forth, or just a "farting around day"...............;)

Mssarge 10-26-2013 01:06 PM

When I fed the fur kids, I realized I had food for them through tomorrow, but not Monday, so had to make a run to the commissary. I go there because they don't charge tax and I had soaps and stuff on my list. Got only a little bit more than my list, bacons and veggies, and it still ran over $100...my how the money flies.

T'was a good thing I went early as the spa guys also came early; I was barely back home when they arrived with the new hot tub...(they found the carcass of a huge rat under the tub, so my exterminator didn't clear them all...yeccch!) With them coming early, I'll be able to use the tub tomorrow before the temps drop on Monday.....Yea!

BBL.....

SuSUN 10-26-2013 03:50 PM

Hi All, just running in. DS passed a kidney stone last night. CT scan show he has 3 more all tiny but painful to pass. When we got to ER they got some good pain meds into him, so he was a happy camper after that. Ha! He is perfectly fine today back to normal and he intends to carry on with his business trip flying back to France tomorrow night.
I have to bite my tongue.

Rainy Fall weather up here today. Hope to bb tomorrow...

Loretta V 10-26-2013 05:10 PM

Susan, your DS has age on his side. They just snap right back.

Norfolk Mermaid 10-26-2013 06:38 PM

Thanks Mary! so I did post yesterday thinking it was today. Those forms and faxing had me in a dither for the past almost whole week but it is DONE and I am so relieved.
Going on over to Sunday's post place now.