LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 20

Posting this early, going to watch boxing with dh soon, gotta get ready.

High fives to Mary for losing some more poundage!!

Wishing those of us not feeling up to par, to get some relief soon.

See yah ALL tomorrow!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/154/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hello ladies and Doug who may be lurking on the sidelines. Molly and I are in the bedroom for an early night and some TV watching. We are home alone this weekend. I had a nice long call with my youngest, Anita. I was kidding her about hopping a plane from Dallas and carving some pumpkins for me. She is the best pumpkin carver I've ever seen. As good, if not better, than those you see on the internet around Halloween.

On Friday Rich took me to an Amish farm to get some pumpkins. I got maybe 30-40 or so. They come in amazing colors now. I have pale blue ones, pink ones, large bright yellow ones, white ones and every shade of orange imagineable. And loads of multi-colored gords. Now my main entrance is ready for the Trick or Treat kids. We also bought many bags of mini candy bars. I also bought lots of vegetables and made cabbage-potato soup today, cooked with smoked pork hocks.

I'd like to get Cathy to go shopping with me to get some Halloween lights and stuff. Yes, I'm feeling so much better after starting these antibiotics. I ended up being admitted to the hospital with my last bladder infection this year. Of course I was also dehydrated and malnourished which guaranteed the admittance. So this time, I'm ahead of the game.

Happy belated birthday Babette! How I wish I could hop a plane and have a seafood dinner with you on Puget Sound. If I could do that, I might even try oysters.

I can't believe it. I still don't have my email set up.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/154/150
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Evening gang,

Doris, thanks for the start off.

Hi ya Verleen, wonderful that you got some wonderful and colorful pumpkins to decorate your front porch with. Please share some pictures if you can.

Going to the hometown to say good by to my brother since he will fly back to Missoula, MT very early Tues., so see you all tomorrow night.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone - Boy oh Boy Verleen.....I sure wish we could go to Eliots with you on the pier in Seattle.

Way to go Mary....I think I regained those pounds you lost. Please come and get then!

Whatta good wife you are, Doris. We just got home from dinner and bridge with friends and DH is downstairs watching boxing. I loathe it!

Have a safe trip, Linda.

Thank you all for the very kind birthday wishes.

The very best part of my birthday was the call I got from Gabe around 9 pm last night just after we got home. As you may realize, we are rapidly approaching the anniversary of Laurie's death (Nov 2), and Gabe has been quite depressed and despondant and I have been very worried about him. He wished me a Happy Birthday and then told us he had to go to bed because tomorrow (Saturday) he had to get up at 5 to be at the worksite where he was going to be remodeling a house with a crew for Habitat for Humanity.
I am so very proud of him. I think this is such a positive way to handle his grief and for such a good cause.

Tomorrow we are going to meet real crime writer, Ann Rule. She is doing a book signing here on the Island.

Have a good one.

Last edited by Begete; 10-19-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning All,

Chilly here! Woke up to 45 degrees, brrrr, but it's supposed to warm up to mid-70s though. I'm supposed to have the heater inspected Wednesday - sure could have used it this morning. Oh well, we'll survive.

Verleen, Your pumpkin display sounds wonderful. If you can, please share a picture.

Babette, I agree with you in thinking that Gabe is taking such positive steps in trying to deal with his grief. Have fun at the book signing today!

Waving to everyone else,
BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TooSweetForMe
Stats: 178/178/150
WOE: lower carb / type 2 diabetic
Start Date: September 2013
Good morning everyone. Fixing an early lunch for Mom and me right now while she watches "CBS Sunday Morning". Don't have much of anything planned for today - tomorrow will probably be declared a "National Holiday" and we will only do what we have to do.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.
TooSweetForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/154/150
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
This best part of Friday was picking out the pumpkins. It was a very brisk, cold fall day. I was bundled up in a winter coat with a hat and scarf combo. And gloves. Nice and warm. "I'll take this one". "And this one." etc. Then I shopped through their vegetables. I slept good Friday night.

Babette its good to hear how well Gabe is doing.

Doris, I'm glad the move seems to have been a good one for you.

Linda, do you sort of want to hop that plane with your brother and land in Montana? The Rockies around Glacier Nat. Park is one, if not the, most beautiful places on earth. I know how much you love that part of the world.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #8

Begete, I'm glad to read your news about what Gabe is doing, he can help them a lot, and it will help him, also. I don't mind boxing, used to watch with my Dad back in the "old" days, and dh wants me to join him, we sit and hold hands, lol.

Verleen, all those pumpkins, it must look wonderful and festive, I'd think other people would stop by and take pictures. I'm amazed at some of the homes around here that are all decorated, some have gravestones on their front yards, and at night, it looks really spooky.

Michelle, it does feel so chilly, suddenly, had to dig out my nightgown and warm slippers and socks, for pete's sakes. Hope the guy comes on time to check your heater. It's supposed to be more "normal" by Wed.

Linda, enjoy yakking with your brother today and tonight, too.

Too Sweet, are you retired or do you work from home? Most of us here are retired, or just plain tired, lol. Do you have any doggie or kitties?

Time to get the laundry going, and I got a message on Facebook from a gal I went to kindergarten through Junior in high school with, should be fun to catch up with her.
Waving at the rest of you,

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Everyone seems to have been up last night checking in, which means you'll be along in a bit, so waving at all.

Verleen, sounds like you love Halloween and expect a lot of trick or treaters. I would expect the neighbors are the same and I'd love to see all those lovely ladies decorated for the holidays. Glad you're feeling better and hope you get better still.

Babette my heart goes out to your Gabe and it sounds as tho' he's pulling out of the blues but we do slip a bit...two steps forward, one step back. Extra hugs for both of you.

I'll join everyone for the Puget Sound tour...love the area as it is so much different than SoCal. My choice would be the fresh-caught salmon. Ta-Ta for now, will type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning. Thanks Doris.

Me too, me too Verleen- pumpkins and porches (even tiny stoops) and a added mum or two just makes me so happy to see. I have my "bittersweet" wreath I made on the front door. I would love tons more but artificial or real it is too hard to come by here. I wanted to plant my own but was too afraid of getting the invasive one that I am told not to touch for any reason as it is so invasive. Cannot trust the nurseries to tell you or even know which is which.
Headache is back but has dropped from a 5 or 6 to a 2 or 3 on that pain scale so I can live with that. I know from life long sinus big congestion problems that I need the strongest decongestant that is available.
Just had my first of the season "grits" and they sure were good- I order them (organic) from New Orleans every couple of years. These are what my GrandMother cooked (Mom too). A shame what food processors have done to our foods. I only use the organic stone ground "Bob's" Red Mill oatmeal. Very nutty and delish. I mourn for the loss of good natural foods- love the farmer's markets in the summer but even they are chemical disasters- fertz. and insects.
Saying blessings for Gabe and love hearing of his good works.
Gonna weed whack front and back today so best hot to it RIGHT NOW!
bbl
e.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I must admit, as Nov 2 draws closer, I worry about Gabe more and more. As someone said above, it seems like 2 steps forward, one or two steps back. I just hope it is never 3 steps back.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #12

Begete, let's hope that Gabe might have something to do with the Habitat people on Nov. 2, since it's a Saturday, or something like that...........
Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TooSweetForMe
Stats: 178/178/150
WOE: lower carb / type 2 diabetic
Start Date: September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Too Sweet, are you retired or do you work from home? Most of us here are retired, or just plain tired, lol. Do you have any doggie or kitties?
Doris, right now I am taking online courses in healthcare administration, but I eventually want to do management work from my house. I have one kitty, his name is The Evil Mojo Jojo. When my mom got him, she let my daughter name him. She was totally into the PowerPuff Girls at the time. He's 16 years old now.
TooSweetForMe is offline   Reply With Quote