Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE Week, Oct. 20- Oct.26 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/815477-exercise-week-oct-20-oct-26-a.html)

mykneesareback 10-19-2013 06:12 PM

EXERCISE Week, Oct. 20- Oct.26

1 Attachment(s)
Getting closer to Halloween, not sure if we are staying home or going to a carnival with grandson and the "kids".

Trying to get in more walking, especially now that we have to wear shoes instead of flip flops ;)

Let's keep it moving along............some days it's easier than others!

TooSweetForMe 10-20-2013 07:10 AM

Will probably do my walking today after supper, like I normally do.

Going to need to get some light-colored clothes or some reflective strips to put on my shirts/pants soon, as it will be getting dark before my walking time and I don't want to get hit or anything like that.

mykneesareback 10-20-2013 08:30 AM

We took a quick walk around our neighborhood, before the soccer games begin, and had to wear light jackets and real shoes. No one else was out yet, a lot of them still work though, so they need to sleep in.

Weights and weight bar later on. That's it!

Loretta V 10-20-2013 05:26 PM

No walk or workout today.

Shalbrihil 10-20-2013 06:26 PM

We got our walk in this morning. Took the furkids to another walking park across town and the path goes behind some houses. We always love the way this one house has there outdoor train set up. We had fun looking at it. It wasn't running but the setting was just adorable.

Loretta V 10-21-2013 06:32 AM

Early walk with the full moon shining on my path. What a beautiful sight to see and the stars are so visible early in the morning.

3.8 miles, no workout today.

Shalbrihil 10-21-2013 09:25 AM

I'll be walking around the Costco here for my walking today. Not sure if there will be another one outside or not. We shall see. :)

mykneesareback 10-21-2013 10:30 AM

We are driving over to an Outlet mall and checking that out, then try out a new to us place for dinner, they have a special on Monday, after 4 pm to 6 pm, dinner for $6.99, so will see how that is.

No weights today.

TooSweetForMe 10-21-2013 12:09 PM

Going to walk after dinner - watching the memorial to Finn/Corey from Glee that I recorded now.

Shalbrihil 10-21-2013 01:08 PM

Got the dogs walked too after shopping. I'm patting myself on the back for this one. We did good today!

mykneesareback 10-21-2013 01:16 PM

Well, good going, ladies! We are about on our way to the outlet mall, have wanted to check it out for awhile, daughter in law wants to know how it is, too. :shake:

Later.

mykneesareback 10-22-2013 12:08 PM

Day turned out to be one of those running around days, did line dancing before breakfast, and then phones ringing, had to rush over to get Faxing done, then go the market by myself really fast, so dh didn't have to come in and deal with it, and back here rushing around like a fool,, did the alley two step, and I'm done for today, unless I pick up weights. Squats done right out of bed. lol

Shalbrihil 10-22-2013 12:27 PM

So far today I haven't done a thing except catch up on my cooking show. The day has been foggy here and hopefully from that the misty will turn into little drops. I told Don that if it does I'm opening up the large slider curtain and watch it come down. :)

Heading for the lake walk later today. I'm down a pound so that walking is what I need to keep it going. Woo Hoo.

Enjoy your outside time.

Loretta V 10-22-2013 05:09 PM

Doris did you like the outlet mall?

I took a look today at a consignment store that was filled with lots of neat used furniture at friendly prices. I am going to put some of my things there, a dining room table chairs and a china cabinet.

Walk and workout today.

mykneesareback 10-22-2013 05:24 PM

Sounds like a good idea, Loretta, did you store them or just don't need a whole set anymore? Hope you get a good price for them, lots of people enjoy older furniture.

See yah tomorrow, supposed to stay at home, unless we need to fax some more stuff, who knows?

Shalbrihil 10-23-2013 10:37 AM

Consignment is a wonderful way to handle your extra things Loretta. Good choice.

It feels like Fall here finally. The weather man is talking rain next week. That will be a nice change.

Plan to do the same walk with the pooches today. I ordered some nice Bearpaw sheepskin boots to keep my feet warm. Time to start my day. Have a nice one and keep moving.

mykneesareback 10-23-2013 11:34 AM

Did the squats, weight bar, 5 lb. weights and Jack LaLanne's with the new kitchen chair, had to take the pad off, bothers me......the other chair has thinner pads, Silas doesn't like them. Only walked to the mailbox and out into the backyard, looking to see if there was a rabbit hole. dh is testing the sprinklers.

Loretta V 10-23-2013 01:12 PM

Got er done today. Walk and workout.

TooSweetForMe 10-23-2013 04:34 PM

Was going to walk after supper today but had a hard shower and by the time it stopped it was dark and I was feeling icky. Have to go to the mall tomorrow so maybe I can get in a walkabout then.

mykneesareback 10-24-2013 11:14 AM

Jack LaLanne's again, squats with 5 lb. weights, weight bar and kitchen counter pushups, and sideways line dancing in the kitchen. Want to walk, but no time for extras today. On the phone again.

Shalbrihil 10-24-2013 12:26 PM

Just got a workout putting a spaghetti casserole together for tonight. A walk is in the plan with the house crew this afternoon.

We got our walk in yesterday at the lake. It was just a bit longer. Day by day we are trying for little bits more distance.

mykneesareback 10-24-2013 12:37 PM

Sharon, when it gets cooler, it should be more comfortable :)

Shalbrihil 10-24-2013 01:41 PM

I'm hoping so. :)

DebbyL 10-24-2013 09:23 PM

Hi there! :hiya:
Glad I found you again... sorry I lost you! ;) I get busy... but tonight I've got time on my hands!
Update on exercise for me... still doing 40 minutes of some kind of exercise daily... more elliptical in the last few weeks, as I'm resisting getting cold... the weather has turned on us...:sad: I will get used to it eventually, but goes against the grain to dress up in winter clothes already. :hyst:
My new puppy - Molly gets "run" with either the quad or the van... but I know she misses the walks... more personal.

Shalbrihil 10-24-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Hi there!
Glad I found you again... sorry I lost you! I get busy... but tonight I've got time on my hands!
Update on exercise for me... still doing 40 minutes of some kind of exercise daily... more elliptical in the last few weeks, as I'm resisting getting cold... the weather has turned on us... I will get used to it eventually, but goes against the grain to dress up in winter clothes already.
My new puppy - Molly gets "run" with either the quad or the van... but I know she misses the walks... more personal.
Hi nice to see you again. I'm doing pretty good with my walking. I feel like a turtle but know by the story that it won the race so I keep going along little by little. :)

mykneesareback 10-25-2013 11:04 AM

Hi Debby, I don't remember you, but that's old age for yah, welcome back, and maintaining nicely means you are doing just fine, harrah!!

Today, wound up walking at the store, running around because dh waits in the car and gets "restless", so have to hurry, no pondering about choices.
squats here at home, but no weights today. bed pushups, and that's it.

Waving at you, Sharon!!

Loretta V 10-25-2013 11:22 AM

Had our first frost last night and a temp of 30 this am. Had to bundle up.

Walk and workout done.

TooSweetForMe 10-25-2013 11:31 AM

I got a walk in at Wal-Mart this AM but I'm still going for my after-dinner walk this evening.

Shalbrihil 10-25-2013 01:14 PM

Just got back from walking with gang at our lake park. Beautiful weather and pain was minimal. :up:

mykneesareback 10-25-2013 04:47 PM

Good going, Sharon! We noticed people sitting out front on their lawns this afternoon, before the cold wind came in, the weather people were right, after 3 pm, things changed. Going to be hard to get used to, next Monday, it's going to hit 80 again for 2 days, and then cold and rain, maybe for Halloween.