Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 19 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/815367-saturdays-roll-call-oct-19-a.html)

mykneesareback 10-18-2013 07:36 PM

SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 19

1 Attachment(s)
This week whizzed by, like a bat out of h e l l . :stars:

Shalbrihil 10-18-2013 08:09 PM

Time fly's when you're having fun. :D Thanks for the start off of the weekend. May it be a lovely one for all of us. See you in the morning.

Begete 10-18-2013 08:44 PM

Enjoy this hilarious video of cats who love Vacuum cleaners:
Cats Who Love Vacuum Cleaners

Had a wonderful day on my birthday. First my girlfriends took me out to a great lunch, and then we had a really nice dinner at a different restuarant with neighbors.

John got me a really neat birthday gift. Its a combo squeegee and vacuum for your shower. Battery powered. Our beutiful remodeled bathroom was driving me nuts because three walls of the shower are glass and everytime I used the shower, it was followed by 15 minutes of squeegee and a towel to wipe dry. Otherwise the water would leave ugly spots. We even got a water softener system installed in the house, but all that did was insure the water wouldn't etch the glass. It still left spots. Now I just vacuum up the water in half the time.

Shalbrihil 10-18-2013 08:58 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Babette. Those cats were awesome. Don and I had a great laugh. Now it's time for bed.

LoveMontana 10-18-2013 09:19 PM

Happy Belated Birthday, Babette. :birthday: Sounds like you had a very nice day and some great gifts. Let us know how that shower vacuum works.

Thanks for the start off, Doris.

Hi to Sharon.

Time for bed for me.

Norfolk Mermaid 10-19-2013 04:59 AM

Begete, Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you had a great one!
Rain is back with a cold front coming in. Should have weed whacked yesterday instead of sleeping!
Very cool next week so looking forward to that very much.
bbl need to check on shrimp steaming for the kitties.

modon69478 10-19-2013 06:50 AM

Good Morning All,

Happy belated birthday, Babette!

The usual errand stuff for me today - dry cleaner, vet - pick up food, grocery store. Then a visit to the gym and get some housework done. Will try a recipe for LC pumpkin praline balls (1 carb each) later on. It may not be an especially exciting day, but a good one :)

Enjoy yourselves as best you can,
Michele

mykneesareback 10-19-2013 07:13 AM

Well dang, Begete! Happy Belated Birthday to you, and it sounds like you had a great one!

It's cold here, was 42 degrees this AM, and going to hit 67, so have to find some tops with sleeves.

Daughter in law is coming to take us to "Love and War in Texas", a restaurant with country music acts having shows every weekend, she wants to make sure we don't get lost trying to find the place. Silas is getting his Flu shot first, though.

Waving quickly at everyone...........gotta rush off, the heater is on :laugh:, well, it's funny to us to finally see if it works. :D

birdlady 10-19-2013 08:33 AM

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:Glad you had a nice day.
Nornal day here of same olds.
BBL

SuSUN 10-19-2013 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:birthday::heart::birthday::heart::birthday::heart :
Happy Belated Birthday Babette

Here are some Low Carb cupcakes for you! ;) :D

Attachment 51785

Waving to All :heart: and hope to check back later...:)

Mssarge 10-19-2013 10:20 AM

Good morning, or good afternoon, or good evening...whichever one is applicable. Tried to sleep in this morn as couldn't sleep last night until the wee hours. Oh well, stuff happens.

Happy Belated Birthday, Babette, sounds like you had a good one. That's should happen on "your day."

Got to feed the fur kids and get started on the day. Type ya later.

Loretta V 10-19-2013 11:39 AM

Happy Birthday Begete. Many more. Enjoy that shower gizmo. May your work go faster in the future.

Just checking in.

shenue 10-19-2013 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Saturday to everyone!

Attachment 51786

shenue 10-19-2013 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Begete Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

Attachment 51787

Mssarge 10-19-2013 04:09 PM

Interesting day...went out to get a new string for my weed whacker and wound up buying a new one. It's okay, it's about 18 years old and it's been so long since I've used it, it was welded shut and couldn't replace the string in it. I have a yard guy who takes care of the front monthly and the back yard when the rains come and the wild buckwheat and other weeds start growing. However, during the off season I get some weeds which volunteer any time they're given the least little bit of water, so I'm going to whack 'em myself.

While I was out, I stopped by Burlington to see if they had some nightgowns (mine are getting old, frayed and too big), and, yep, you guessed it, I got in a bit of trouble...I had fun trying on dresses looking for a sunday go-to-meetin' dress. I tried on about six dresses and a few skirts but couldn't find anything that I liked. Well, one dress I did like but the skirt was above the knee which ruined it for me. I did get a couple of nightgowns, tho', not the style I like but may be okay for the winter and a couple of sexy little things, too.

I said it was interesting because.....wait for it.....the sizes ranged from 16 to 14 :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: ...I haven't worn a 14 in probably 19 years. Okay, I know sizes differ between the companies that make 'em and so this was a large size 14, but it was still a 14 and it was a Calvin Klein knit dress. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I'm also amazed that our body changes shape before the scales show an appreciable difference. I've got to take another section out of the watch band. Even the lumps and bumps in the knit dress wouldn't have sent kids screaming from me (or make me feel bad which is even better.)

Just had to share it with you and hope you had good things come your way today....BTW, I'm still not hungry but am starting to think about eating and it's after 4 p.m. So I guess the SIRTs are starting to kick in again.

LoveMontana 10-19-2013 04:25 PM

:clap::clap::up:Way to go Mary.

modon69478 10-19-2013 04:55 PM

Congratulations Mary!

TooSweetForMe 10-19-2013 04:56 PM

Sounds like everyone had a good day. I was a lazy lady this morning, after breakfast I vegged on the couch - had a horrid sinus headache. Napped on and off in the afternoon until around 4:30 when I started getting hungry so I popped some chicken thighs in the oven along with a diced red potato. Had that for supper along with a cucumber and ranch dressing. Went for my walk after supper, then took trash out and got coffee ready to go off in the AM. Watching Too Cute! Puppies right now until 10, when I'll switch to our local CW station for news.