LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 18

Susan, I couldn't see anything in the email you sent last night, to post here???

Beginning of another week end, friends. Hopefully not too many errands to run for some of us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid_X_MA6_1347281277@aol.jpg (17.1 KB, 1 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Love the kitty hugs Doris. Did you get your hair cut today? I feel so much better now that is behind me. Thanks for the start off and see everyone in the morning.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi, I've been a little worse for the wear lately. I did get out for dinner tonight. Question, perhaps someone can help me with this. I have some artwork that I want to add display lighting to it. The kind of lighting that you clip on top or mount to the wall on top of the frame is what I'm looking for. There is an electric outlet into which we can plug in the light and this (outlet, plug and all) will be hidden behind the artwork. And tips on what to look for? What to avoid? I do want a remote control with it.

Tomorrow, if I feel up to it, we are going to get some pumpkins, gords, etc of various sizes to decorate our main entry door. Maybe 50+ pumpkins. I know - its alot of pumpkins but we have a big porch. I wish my youngest daughter could come up and carve some pumpkins for me. She is a truly, gifted pumpkin carver.

Past time for bed. See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Widget
This is getting ridiculous. We're having a backup camera installed on our SUV, having it done in another town. They ordered the parts, which took 4 days. We took the car in, was supposed to take 3 hours. They called and said it would be 3 days because they sent the wrong parts. We picked up the SUV so we could have it for the weekend, then took it back in once the new parts were in. So now we're back to 3 hours again. They called and said they got another wrong part, it will take 3 more days to get the part. So today we are picking the car up again so we can have it for the weekend. Sheesh... a 3 hour job is taking over 2 weeks, not to mention the gas to drive back and forth. This is a dealership, you'd think they never installed a backup camera before. Very frustrating. But at least the mechanic feels our pain because he said he is going to give us a discount. End of rant.

Good morning to all.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Joyce I feel your frustration. Hopefully that discount will be enough to reimburse for the extra gas you've spent.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good mornin. Thanks Doris.

Beautiful sun shinny day- NO headache this morning. High only to reach 70 degrees today and 40's for night temps lows this week. I am so happy!
Need to start Mt. Washmore and then do some yard clean up and stashing stuff for the winter. Need to do some desk work as well but will get to that later this afternoon on breaks.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say hi real quick, but hopefully I can get back here later.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #8

Linda, I hope your brother flew in on time and no airport issues. You guys must be yakking up a storm, too.

Joyce, it's almost a surprise if a person tries to get something done today, and it all works out the first time. We are awaiting a new storm door, it's also taking longer, it's being made in Iowa or something, and someone "lost" the instructions, but it's a standard door, you can click online, they really only need to pack it up and send it. We should have just gone to Lowe's.......but are new here and unaware.

Lainey, enjoy a good weather day and no headache today!

Sharon, I had the hair cut, but can't hardly tell it, it doesn't frizz out though. It was a California day yesterday, but today is grey and sort of humid because some showers might hit. Flowers are blooming like spring time.

Verleen, that sounds like a lot of pumpkins, will you have someone carve all of them, or some here and there? Do you put lights inside of them? Wonder how many Trick Or Treater's there will be? I can't help about the artwork, but someone here will be able to assist you with tips.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to everyone else. We had a full night with the kids over, and Silas was a PiP.......son got his test results in and all is clear, so far, his doctor calls him at work.
I'm still waiting to hear what dh's doctor will do, try the generic anti rejection drugs or decrease the amount of the brand name one, since it is outrageously priced. The drug companies are making their fortunes on everyone though. Nothing new.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...temps going back into the 90's here and hanging there for at least a week. So what can I say...another beautiful day in SoCal. At least it's cooling off into the 40's at night so not using the ac. Another doctor appointment today, the endocrinologist, I'm sure she'll start the Reclast so another trip later to the infusion clinic for that. No, I did not sleep with the mask last night...but breathing with it a few times a day; it's only for three or four minutes at a time, so not too bad.

Guess I'd better get the fur kids fed, wash me up, so I can take off. Type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #10

Mary, did she tell you there is a class action lawsuit against Reclast??
Old 10-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Okay Doris, at least you have that little dude for next Friday. Ha!

Here is another one for us today.

1374826_392250834211044_800023983_a.jpg

Waving to All and wishing you a terrific Friday, hope to check back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris, thanks for the heads up...we haven't talked yet about it so will definitely talk to her about that....good thing I checked back here before I left the house.

Susan, love it!

Check back later....ta ta for now.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
My gift to all of you today:

Watch A Student Totally Nail Something About Women That I've Been Trying To Articulate For 37 Years
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TooSweetForMe
Stats: 178/178/150
WOE: lower carb / type 2 diabetic
Start Date: September 2013
Hello, everyone. This is my first day in this part of the forum and so far I seem to like it.

We're going to have good weather next week - 60's most of the days but there are a few days that won't even make it up to 60. And 40's at night!!! I can't wait, will be much better than having to run the AC all the time.
TooSweetForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my Babette. That was one fantastic video. Yes she sure nailed it on the head didn't she? Thanks for sharing that one.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Well Done! Brave Gal. She sure tells it as it is huh? Loved it Babette!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #17

What do you guys do if you buy a new pair of shoes, and the heel on one of them rubs a little? In the "old" days, I used a hammer to "soften" it. Any other tips??
Old 10-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #18

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Try using heal pads that you can find almost any place and on line. They are making them better these days.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #19

Ok, I'll look tomorrow while we are out and about, I had some years ago, but, as you say, they didn't work well.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry for the long post, disregard if you wish....

I'm back after my run over the hills and through the canyon...the wild burros weren't out so must have bee taking their afternoon nap back in a canyon somewhere. They usually make that run interesting as they're standing by the road watching traffic go by.

Well, my doc is relieved and thinks last year's test results were an anomaly as all the previous years and this years agree...thus, no osteoporosis, still osteopenia...which is a very good thing and I'll be starting the Reclast in a bit.

Doris, thanks for the heads up on the class action suit but I was aware of the medico's cautions about the drugs and that was why I took last year as a hiatus. The suit is whether or not the big medicine companies that produce the abandonate (sp?) were aware of the peculiarities with the drugs. I'm including a note at the bottom about how the drugs work which I found very interesting but most people probably won't.

Doris, have you tried one of those shoe stretchers? I usually have the opposite effect...my left foot is half a size larger than the right and I buy shoes to fit it and then sometimes have to put a heel pad in the right shoe.

Babette, loved the video, thanks for sharing.

I'm so stuffed tonight and I can't remember when I last felt this way. I stopped at Olive Garden and bought the eat one/take one home special they're running now....brought both home so I can split them into normal sized portions...they serve so much. But, I had the mussels appetizer with lots of bread sticks and the salad...then I ate a half portion of tiramisu with decaf...OMG, I hope it settles by bedtime.

Hope you had an interesting day and if you're not interested in the drug talk, please stop here...hugs to all

I thought my talk with the endocrinologist on the abondanate drugs was interesting and that I'd pass it along. In case you're not familiar with these drugs. they are prescribed to help those having a loss of calcium in the bones. They tried to give me the original, Fosamax, some time ago but I was not able to take it as it would exacerbate my esophageal problems. I have Barret's which just mean the top sphincter to the stomach doesn't work right and allows stomach acid to bounce up into the esophagus.

Big Medicine then developed Boniva into an injectable which was given every three months (had also been an oral) and finally they developed Reclast which is only injected once a year. I had the Boniva for a few years, then Reclast for a couple of years. I had developed Osteoporosis but it backed up into -penia which is a lesser loss of calcium in the bones....making them stronger.

Well, docs loved the drugs and prescribed them as they would normal ones...once the patient is taking 'em, they don't want people to stop. Due to the unique structure of the human body which is constantly breaking down and rebuilding bones, this was discovered to be wrong. These drugs slow down the tearing down process which allows the body to build faster than before. But over a long period of time, the bones become weaker, thus allowing more breakage....this is extremely rare, but is enough to cause concern. So now, women getting this class of drugs must take a year off to give the body a chance to normalize...which is the year of hiatus I just had.

The class action law suit is over whether or not Big Medicine knew this and did not pass the info along to the doctors who prescribe the drugs.

If you're not familiar with these drugs, I hope this helps...I know it helped me to put it into perspective.

Last edited by Mssarge; 10-18-2013 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #21

The class action law suits are about the pain and suffering woman have had, damage to their jaws, hips, femur's, etc. due to these different bone building drugs, there are several of them out there, it's not just about the companies that make them not telling the doctors.............plus, the doctor's that prescribe these drugs, were getting kickbacks from the makers of the drugs, so they were especially anxious to talk women into using them, even if they knew some of the women were not good candidates to even try them, that is another part of the law suits. My own doctor told me all about this back in Calif., he would not tell me how much, but it is standard practice amongst drug companies. I'm just mentioning it because we older women are the prime targets for this kind of thing. Wishing you well in having the infusion again, Mary!!! None of my business, I know!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 10-18-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Coming in to say good night to all.

A stupid wasted day... I fell asleep all afternoon and got nothing done. This mornings long walk was wonderful though. I hope to get back into the outdoor groove tomorrow. Did not feel well after those 10 days of head aches so I guess the big sleep today is forgivable.
For sure- the house work and yard work waits for me so no hurry but I do like to feel I have accomplished a lot for my days existence.
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote