LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 16

Hump Day, and laundry day for me, and do you think I will get some more boxes unpacked today????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 993591_536945716367053_171274217_n.jpg (22.5 KB, 1 views)
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
You aren't unpacked yet, Doris? Lol. We actually have boxes we haven't yet unpacked but they are all either souvenirs of our travels and no place to put them, family photos, or Gabe's stuff....and we are going on 7 years....

Sorry I haven't been around. Can't remember if I told you all about my latest project. John and I have adopted the local middle school (we are friendly with both science teachers) and are working with them on a botany segment teaching the kids how vegetables grow. It's pretty exciting because it touches on genetics eg big garlic cloves grow big heads of garlic, etc. let alone the more traditional things one learns about plants. Kids will be comparing whether chicken manure or steer manure or compost works best and why.... All kinds of neat experiments.

As a side benefit, the kids will get to take home what they grow, and some of these kids come from really poor families. At any rate, putting my own garden to bed for the winter, plus the work we are doing at the school has us pretty busy.

Additionally a close friend is running for the School board. This is a non partisan election.....party affiliations are not permitted to be mentioned. Yet it has turned ugly. Anyhow, my job is trying to keep her calm and together.

So I have been really busy.

Wishing everyone well.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Sounds like a winner. It's best to stay busy and when you're teaching the youngsters so satisfying.

Back home and safe from lightning and the car wasn't hit in the parking lot. lol. However it was my first time driving at night on the side streets and I'm sure I ticked off some people, just didn't feel confident driving at the 55 mph speed limit on the dark and curvy road...oh well!

Did have the yogurt when I got home but wanted a comfy full tummy so had a small bowl of Cheerios...sigh.

Catch you all tomorrow and hope this was a good day for you...oh yeah, Doris, Costco, Sam's Club and the WINCO is about three miles away so I can get into a lot of trouble.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning. Thanks Doris.

The heat is back for one day tomorrow 79 degrees then 64 the next.
Oncologist appt. at 1: pm today and squeenty eyes here as the "LO & BEHOLD" sun is out this morning. I think I heard one of the weather peeps say it has been 10 dreary, rainy days since the sun showed up.
"HUMMMMP DAAAY!!!!" so I'll be busy as this is the re-cycle week as well.
Have a great day all and bbl.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Everyone, going to be a busy week. My brother from Montana is coming in tomorrow for a visit.

Hope you all have a great day. BBL If time permits.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
I thought WE could use some Calm on our Hump Day!

Winebulance.jpg

Appointment with Onc Doc at 1pm going with DD.
Tomorrow meet with Onc Surgeon.

Waving to All and hope to bbl...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #7

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
That's an amusing truck, Susan! Wishing you a smooth visit, questions answered to your satisfaction, and I'm glad your daughter will be with you.

Lainey, I also wish you a good appt., and your questions answered, too. And hoping the appts. are on time, and none of that sitting around in the little room for long minutes........

Linda, I think those 5 days will go by too fast, too bad he couldn't stay longer, but good thing he could make it, of course. Exciting for the family and for him, too!!

Begete, that sounds so interesting, what you and John are doing with those elementary school kids. I would have liked that kind of thing back in those days. How do you figure out what you will do, did you just have ideas and go with those to see how it works, since this is new? Good job!!

Mary, glad you got home safely, driving at night, we try not to do it unless necessary, either. It's so handy to have those stores close by you, we are still thrilled for that, but that could change in time, as you say.........

We found a fish restaurant and tried it for lunch yesterday, was really good, and they grilled my tilapia in a "safe" area so I wouldn't get any shell fish stuff in the food. About 4 miles away from us, and, looking around the parking lot, there is yet "another" restaurant, a French type breakfast place, with simple salads and stuff "less simple", like Sacher Torte, croissants, etc. I can't even count the number of places to eat, drink, and otherwise have things done to you..................why there are so many Tanning places here, I have no idea, with the sun here, can't imagine anyone needing a tan?

Let's have a good day, I'm trying to get stuff done, but then, why am I sitting in here? I'm LAZY!!! I admit it.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks everyone- woah... gotta go!
love the "winebulance" send it over here tonight!
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Temps climbing again and then dipping next week; Autumn in SoCal. Just wish we had the lovely foliage. When I was in Indiana, there was a great walk through the hills and the turning leaves (the road which had almost no cars going through it) were so beautiful, then would fall and be about a foot deep and I'd shuffle through them. The route would take be down the hills and around a small pond. That's the place I go to when I'm trying to meditate, it was so lovely. But when I take it too far I remember the ice and snow and I shiver....

Susan and Lainey, special hugs coming your way today and I'm hoping the news is good. Know that we are with you in spirit and holding your hands.

I've really nothing planned for today except I've the sausage and kale for that soup...was hoping it would be a bit cooler so I could really enjoy it, but I love soup at any temp...not the soup, it has to be hot. I once had George Burns (yes, George Burns married to Gracie Allen, in my life as a waitress in Vegas) say to me, "If you can carry it, it's not hot enough."

Wishing you all a great day and I'm looking for that Winebulance.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Just saw the camel pass bye. Boy these days go by fast. Don had his breakfast with his buddies and now we are set for just about anything that may come up. The temp is back up here as well. Yesterday it was in the 90's and today 80's. The moon is close to full once again and I love the sparkling stars when I let the fur babes out at night.

Babette that is such a wonderful experience working with the kids teaching them something they will be able to do in there lives. You are making groups of gardeners that will be able to feed there families along with teaching others. And the beat goes on. Wonderful!

Susan and Lainey thinking of you both as you head to your appointments. Glad your daughter will be with you Susan.

I just don't drive anymore Mary as Don and I usually go everywhere together and he's the driver. I really should just take the keys and go to the store by myself to keep myself in the loop. It's so easy to get lazy about stuff like that. Right now with college back it get's a little crazy but nothing like where you live. We have one freeway that goes through town. No major freeways crossing each other. Ha!

Well back to check hulu for my shows I watch. Directv has taken abc off there listings because of some negotiating dispute. I would have all my favorites on that channel. Sheesh!

Take care kiddo's. I'll be back to check on you all.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG, my hands smell so good as I just finished chopping the herbs for the Kale, Sausage and Parm soup, Babette, and the air is fragrant with the aroma of the soup...smells so good and I'm really looking forward to it tonight. Fortunately, my herb garden has come through as I have all required except for the sage and I'm not sure my dried is still good. I actually thought of picking up some when I was at the middle eastern store...oh well, just means I have to make a trip back for it. (It's much cheaper there than in the regular store...and much fresher, too.) Thanks for the recipe but I am taking a liberty with it since there is only me and I'll be freezing up the bulk of it before I add the parm and the cream. Should be okay to add before eating it as the cream won't freeze well. Will let you know how it survives the deep freeze.

Sharon, I feel for you and the embargo of ABC by DirecTV...I'm sure you remember my rants about TWC and their embargo of CBS. Just like you know who...you know they'll come to an agreement; you just hope they do so before you go insane.

Turned into a busy day after all...Nadine came over and cleaned the house and more drama with the teen. I wound up taking them both to the school to straigten out some stuff. While they were in the school, I made a pass through the Base Exchange and picked up a great black cardigan which they were just putting out on the clearance rack...$10 and I bought a size smaller than I've been wearing. Still top-heavy but somethings working right as I'm three pounds lighter this morning. (working on another three so will be closing in on 170.

Hoping for good news from our friends, Lainey and Susan, and sending some good vibes their way. Hope you had a good day...type ya later.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Posted on wrong thread.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
WTG, Mary!
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good News my tumour is only 5mm, stage 1 so a lumpectomy will do it with possibly a tiny amount of radiation afterwards, so time to exhale.

But, I have been offered a double mastectomy with reconstruction so thinking it over. Doc thinks that is overkill but offered it as an option. I looked over some of the pics before and after the scars still look ugly to me but I guess they fade with time.

Just wanted to Thank You guys for being there with me throughout all this.

Now Lainey, WE need to hear from YOU my dear!

WTG Mary on that 3lbs gone and 170 You have done amazingly well on that Up and Down a day. I really have to get after myself now, the stress eating has ruined my weightloss from before. What else is new with me? ha!

Waving to All, sleep well and hope to bb tomorrow...

Last edited by SuSUN; 10-16-2013 at 08:27 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Susan, that's wonderful news. Yes do a Big exhale. Whew!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
wonderful news, Susan. Go with your gut.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote