Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 13

Sunday already....................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 993976_368723389923899_1134532522_n.jpg (47.8 KB, 4 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi ya Doris, and thanks for the start off again.
Hope your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing.

I'm off to visit the gang and attend my great niece and nephew's 2nd birthday party.

See you all tomorrow night.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning Doris and thanks. Hi, everyone.

It just gets wetter and grayer day by day. Some sun maybe tuesday. That will be nice to see the sun again and get back into the yard work.
Will make that chili today some time.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning,

It was a bumpy night around here and the pup finally couldn't wait any longer so we went out in all the rain around 7:00. I thought I'd need to put water wings on the poor little fellow, but he was determined to do his business. The news says we've gotten 5 inches so far and the rain is to continue throughout the day. While it's a lot at one time, we're glad to get it given the very long drought conditions we've had.

Will make some LC apple cinnamon muffins (4 carbs per muffin) in a few minutes - that should make the house smell nice and cozy. Hopefully, there'll be a lull in the rain this afternoon so I can get a few errands done.

Hope you all are well and able to enjoy your day,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Up at 4:30 again this morning (though I went to bed at 9:30, after a nap). DH was a bit startled to find me up and knitting when he got home after his gig. Waited until sunrise (7:05 am) to walk the dogs.

We picked up the freezer yesterday and it is humming merrily away. I'll wrap some stuff to freeze later and transfer much of the contents of our fridge freezer. So glad to have the extra space. Yippee!

Michele, I'd love the LC apple muffin recipe when you have a minute. I'm not consistent with low carb these days, but like trying new recipes.

I'd love to lose a bit of weight but have been trying to maintain since I don't know when/if I'll have loss of appetite from chemo. This week I am forbidden uncooked veggies since it's my immune suppressed period (4 days) before the white cell booster kicks in. I cannot tell you how much I start craving salad and crudites. Oh well. Friday I can get back to it. Ditto on well water, which we have. Have to use bottled water for the near term. It's a pain.

It is a beautiful day here. I'll go for another short walk later once DH wakes up. He'll be watching his Jets game and I'd as soon escape.

Have a lovely day.

-Louise
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Louise, As soon as I taste one, I'll share the recipe with you - I tweaked the one I found on the internet and I don't want to give you a recipe that doesn't work

I'm glad the freezer worked out for you - I've been thinking of getting one too. Just like you, I like to cook and my refrigerator freezer is packed. I'd like to be able to take advantage of sales when they occur - you know, turkeys, hams, roasts, etc.

Am so glad you doing so well, you inspire me.

BBL,
Michele
Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #7

Louise, you really are an inspiration to me, also! Plus, I can't knit worth a Hoover Dam. Enjoy your day!

Michele, you guys have received the rain that we "Northerners" were promised, I'm glad someone got it, ha ha. I wish we had our freezer here, too, we only took the newest refrigerator, a smaller one that was in the garage, but it's only 6 yrs. old, our freezer was going on 30 yrs. and couldn't have taken that move. I'm also looking for a good turkey sale.

Wishing Linda a fun day attending those 2 yr. olds' Birthday party!

Lainey, that is such a nice picture of you! Hope your chili turns out well.

It's a grey day, humid feeling so fans are on, sort of a misting kind of rain that just began. This room has big windows overlooking the front yard, and the sidewalk is very close, when someone runs by or walks by with doggies, it sort of makes me nervous, to be honest. Not used to being so close to passersby. I can close the shutter, but I want the light, and keep waiting for hummingbirds.

Heading for the kids place later this afternoon, daughter in law is fixing brisket. The grandpa here is napping now.

Take care!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...glad some of you Texicans are getting some rain, I know how dry it has been. I was hoping that last storm we had would head your way but it went by north of you. We've a bit of cloudiness this morning so it's cool and cloudy. We are going back up in temps later this week and will hit mid 90's.

Doris, it must be different to have folks walking so close to your house after being on top of the mountain for so long. Hope you get used to it soon, but being so close to family, shopping and the docs more than make up for it.

I am so glad I bought the freezer even tho' I am by myself. I, too, had a fridge freezer that was stuffed and love to cook. My only problem is things have a way of disappearing into the cabinets and coolers that I've made a list of the freezer things so I can see what I've put away out of sight. Just have to remember to add things or cross them off whenever I add or subtract. It's particularly nice when I add a baked good; I can have a slice/piece and freeze the rest. I also picked up the Foodsaver vacuum seal...things can be stored longer than just putting in plastic wrap and can be portioned out to single serves.

Still nuttin' planned for today so curled up with the fur kids, TV and an e-book. Hope you all have a great day and good things come your way.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
It was supposed to be sunny and warmer today, but so far looking gray....

I would like that recipe, too.....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I've been kind of busy all week visiting my poor neighbor in the hospital. She was transferred from the oncology wing to Medical ICU where she'll be for a few more days, then back to oncology. Today, is the first day I've seen some improvement. Her two gorgeous cats are really missing her.
We've been having beautiful cool nights and warm sunny days. My dd will be coming in two weeks for about a ten day visit and I'm hoping the weather will be the same.
My love to you all....."
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the recipe - I think it needs something, but I can't figure it out - maybe you can.

Candice's Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Ingredients:

6 muffins:
3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Whey
2 Tablespoons ground almonds
1/2 cup granulated splenda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 SMALL apple, I grated it

Preheat oven 350F - Line muffin pan with paper liners
Wash apple, then you can either peel and chop up OR peel and grade on a cheese grader. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix vanilla whey, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg, then set aside.
In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, heavy cream, water, oil, and vanilla. You only need to mix enough to break up eggs a little. Mix in splenda.
Add the cut up apple to your dry ingredients. Just using a spatula to mix, make sure all the apples are coated.
Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add your wet ingredients.
Mix only until everything is wet; DO NOT OVER MIX. Spoon into a prepared muffin pan. Bake at 350F for 18-20 mins

Nutritional information for 1 muffin:
Energy 146 kcal, Carbohydrate, by difference 4.92 g,
Sugars, total 1.15 g, Fiber, total dietary 0.63 g,
Protein 10.04 g, Total lipid (fat)10.88 g Net Carbs = 4.29

Last edited by modon69478; 10-13-2013 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Michele. I will love making these.

Today was our outing at the grocery stores and a short walk with the fur kids. We seem to be in a rut on the things that we do. Love it that way tho.

I made a nice big pot of beef style soup and had the end of that for lunch. It was sure good. Going to have a little bbq chicken later. Don's going to start up the grill.

Making progress with the scale. It showed another pound down. I was so happy! Soon I'll be in the next 10 pound bracket. WooHoo!

Enjoy your Fall day. I love this time of year. Everything is just beautiful with the color changes in the foliage. See you later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #13

Michele, I never had good luck with the whey protein powder unless you only needed a couple of tablespoons of it. I would use whole wheat pastry flour, I'd add some applesauce to that lonely apple, a little more salt and use 1 tsp. vanilla...............and even then, they will be a tad dry and need to be used up quickly. My dh gagged when I used only protein whey powder, no matter which flavor. Applesauce makes it moistier. Just my experience with these kinds of recipes, I tried many of them when my husband was so very sick. It's tricky to find a happy medium.

Hi Julie, I'm sorry your friend is so sick and has to be in ICU, you are a good friend to her to keep her company! I'm glad your daughter will come for a good, 10 day visit!! Who knows how the weather will be though? Do you have any plans?

Hi, Sharon, I'm sure the Fall days will be wonderful, I like Fall the best of all the season's, and glad you can enjoy them and have some good bbq tonight.

Last edited by mykneesareback; 10-13-2013 at 05:43 PM..
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Hi everyone,

Slept for a few hours- not sure how long but not nearly as long as usual. That SuSun is such a knock out drop when she balls herself up on my chest with her little purring face right at my chin- off we both set sail in our little tub.
The chili is simmering away but I think it would put a hurting on me to eat any this late (I guess I have to call it reflux finally- I cannot pretend it isn't any more) . If I had some rice I would call it stuffed peppers as I used a lot of big red bell peppers but the cumin and chili powder & ciyanne pretty much make it for sure chili. I have a theory that in my bread days I could eat anything I wanted no problem but now I never touch bread and seem to have heart burn when I never did before. Or just toss it into the catch pot of old age along with every thing else in my life.
I miht stream a movie on I Tunes tonight "HEAT" could be fun but I am so used to my giant screen. We'll see.
Time to stir the chili and shut it down to cool before I put it glass pot and all in the fridge.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote