Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE week, Oct. 13- Oct.19 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/814692-exercise-week-oct-13-oct-19-a.html)

mykneesareback 10-12-2013 05:47 PM

EXERCISE week, Oct. 13- Oct.19

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!...............:clap:

mykneesareback 10-13-2013 09:27 AM

My tummy rumbled, but that isn't enough!

Did the foot bend backs 10 times, pushups against wall, high bed, bathroom counter, kitchen counter. Jack LaLanne's as soon as I move my special chair into the living room. Leaving the weights for later on, I found a place in the bedroom to keep them out of children's way.

And that's it for today!! Shake it up, friends!! Or give it a wiggle.......

mykneesareback 10-13-2013 07:34 PM

Finished the weights after we got home from the kid's place tonight.
I think I twisted my lower back, don't know how though???

See you tomorrow!

Loretta V 10-14-2013 07:09 AM

Hope your back is ok Doris. How is that foot doing?

Got out for an early walk. The stars are so brilliant in the sky before dawn. The sunrise was beautiful also.
No workout today.

mykneesareback 10-14-2013 10:42 AM

Back felt better this AM, Loretta, thanks! I needed to do the weight bar, it seems to help the back loosen up better than the other weights.
Squats today, in different variations, throughout the house. Then we tried to practice the two step with some Ernest Tubb songs. That's it for today. No walking!

My foot feels not bad when I walk normally, but hurrying messes it up, and my daughter in law now has the same thing, except in her right foot.

mykneesareback 10-15-2013 11:58 AM

Walked all over Costco, every row, since they have moved a lot of stuff to make room for Christmas things, goodness!! Barely saw anything for Halloween, not that I was needing anything for that.

Weights are in here, right by the desk, 10 lb. is the choice for today. That's it for me!

mykneesareback 10-16-2013 11:53 AM

We walked our alley way, curves around till you get to two different streets, lots of dogs barking today, but no people. Then it rained really hard for a spell, lol. high bed pushups, sort of amusing because you know it looks ridiculous..........:) Was in the kitchen a long while getting the meat and fish packed up, dated, and so on.............you know the drill.

Loretta V 10-16-2013 04:52 PM

Exercise work out early but later walk due to rain.

Someone left a dead deer where we usually park the car. The deer is beginning to smell. We went to the resort owners today and asked if we could park there at the resort for a while until the deer gets eaten up. They were very cordial and new John and recognize me from walking on the road. So got the walk done.

mykneesareback 10-16-2013 05:27 PM

Oh my goodness, Loretta! Did a car hit the deer, or did someone illegally kill it and drop it off so they wouldn't get caught? At least you found a safe place to leave your car parked.

mykneesareback 10-17-2013 11:36 AM

Found a new market, called "Market Street", walked all over that, then went outside and walked all around the shopping center, beautiful fall day, not a cloud in the sky, blue sky, just like California, lol. That's what the clerks at the store said, too. Push ups later on while doing kitchen work, and that is it. Kids coming later on.

Loretta V 10-17-2013 01:29 PM

Doris, I think a hunter shot the deer there in the field. He took the part he wanted from the deer and left the remainder. The smell was really bad this morning and will probably get worse.

Doris do you like living closer to the "city"?

I walked but got rained on although the weather man said cloudy.
Exercise workout done.

mykneesareback 10-18-2013 09:55 AM

Walked quickly around the neighborhood, looking at people's Halloween decorations, and then back through the alley way. Weights later on, after doing the floors.

Loretta V 10-18-2013 10:15 AM

Walk this am and the deer smell was gone and I could not find where they left the deer.????

Have yet to exercise but hope to get after it this afternoon.

TooSweetForMe 10-18-2013 01:31 PM

I take a 20 minute walk every evening after supper, it really helps with my BGL's. I think I'm going to start doing it after lunch also on the days that my mom works.

Are there any diabetics in here that are participating in the Big Blue Test? I am and I use my supper readings. If I start walking after lunch I might use those readings also.

Shalbrihil 10-18-2013 02:23 PM

We had our walk today with the fur buddies at the lake. We saw the Canadian geese that fly over hour house each evening lounging in the water. They are regulars that fly back and forth from the golf course close to the beach and our lake. I love to see them when they arrive. Makes me think of Susan. :)

:welcome: TSFM. I meant to greet you on the daily thread. You snuck up on me. Hope you enjoy your time with us here.

TooSweetForMe 10-18-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalbrihil (Post 16649128)
:welcome: TSFM. I meant to greet you on the daily thread. You snuck up on me. Hope you enjoy your time with us here.

Thanks for the welcome, Shalbrihil. I'm enjoying reading all the threads in here. Have even seen someone who lives about an hour from me in here.

mykneesareback 10-18-2013 05:24 PM

Hello, North Carolina gal!

Did the 10 lb. weights this afternoon.

Spent time trying to call Social Security, because they changed my address and info, and took my husband's info and assured me they would change that too, but didn't do it........phone time again next week. :cry:

Sharon, I miss hearing and seeing the geese and the sandhill cranes we had right in front of us, in the big meadow, was so used to the sounds they made when they flew off or landed, very early in the morning.........you are lucky!!

Shalbrihil 10-18-2013 08:19 PM

Yes we are that Doris. These geese fly right over our house each day. Last night Don went out as we heard them coming. He guessed there must have been close to a hundred flying in several V formations. I love to see them.

Loretta V 10-19-2013 11:40 AM

Got that walk in but have yet to exercise. BUsy with putting away summer clothes and getting the warm duds out.

mykneesareback 10-19-2013 01:22 PM

I'm working on that same thing, digging out the warmer clothes, had to look for tops that are a bit thicker, so the colder wind doesn't blow right through.

We got back from that lunch and took a walk in the warm sun around the neighborhood, some of the houses are fancy schmancy outside, but not all of them. dh wants to get rid of some of the shrubs that are out there now.

That walk might be it for today.

LoveMontana 10-19-2013 02:40 PM

Wow, haven't been in here for quite some time, but am still walking about two hours a day and doing either the hand weights or wall pushups.

TooSweetForMe 10-19-2013 03:26 PM

Getting ready to go for my walk now, as soon as I get my shoes and hoodie on.