LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 9

Some of us had a day of ups and downs, let's jump the Hump on Wednesday together, shall we?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 988282_10151627315367912_1325374330_n.jpg (25.9 KB, 3 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
My day was all downs. The motor home has weird electrical problems and is in the shop.

So, for the moment we aren't going anywhere.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hi Doris & Begete and to all who come in here today. I sincerely hope you all are having a good day!

Begete so sorry you are having RV problems. I hope they are resolved soon and you can be on your way. :-) My DH and I are looking at motor homes, thinking about buying one.

Hugs to all ! UP-Group Hug.gif
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
holding my place in line...
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good morning all! Up and at 'em here. Foggy now but sunshine coming in. Will be nice after yesterday's rainy, gray day.

Hi Begete. sorry your trip was delayed and your motor home issues are resolved easily and inexpensively.

Linda, your hugs to all smiley is so cute.

Just a regular day happening so I will mosey on out of here and get the grandsons moving towards getting ready for school.

Wishing happy day to all.

Joni
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...wow! what changes in the weather we are having. From the mid 90's a couple of days ago to cloudy, cold, and a major chance of snow storms in our mountains today. We have one of Babette's sliders coming down the coast and letting us know that there is a change of weather.

Nadine and son is coming over today to do some cleaning and I've got to go pick him up before our rains come. So I'm outa here and will type ya later.

(Linda, love the group hug smiley.)
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Grr waiting for the auto repair to call about the motor home.

I forgot yesterday to welcome you back, Shenue. My advice to you would be to rent a motorhome first before buying one, to make sure you enjoy the experience. Unlike Linda and her DH, I do not particularly enjoy camping. The ONLY reason we have a motorhome is because I am extremely chemically sensitive, and it is very difficult/dangerous for me to fly and to stay in hotels (cleaning products used).

We decided that if the auto repair thinks they have it fixed by noon, we will make the trip north. Only going two hours away. This is really an experiment to see if we can keep our year old kitties in the RV with us without either us or them going crazy.

The problem is that this auto repair place is great at fixing auto/truck issues, but not sure they know much about fixing the "house" parts of RVs. Yesterday, and DH and I were getting it ready to leave this morning, it was plugged in to the special outlet we had installed for it, everything was working fine and then all of a sudeen all the power went off and we smelled a burnt electrical odor.

The auto repair place says the "inverter" blew? and that the house batteries were dead.....but we had it plugged into electrical power when it blew so I can't figure out why the house battery being dead would have anything to do with anything....the point being that I am not sure even the best auto/truck mechanic knows how to fix the electrical system of a motor home.....so I am worried they could damage things in the house part and not even know it.

If you buy a motor home, make sure you live near a good repair place that specializes in camping vehicles.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good advice, Babette. Also, take into consideration when you buy one, you may be stuck with it...so be very sure you can live with it. My tale of woe is a great example. My DH and had always dreamed of retirement and going full time RVing. So when we were getting close to that time, we found an excellent buy in a motor home, a 45-foot Coachman Aurora. A beautiful home, easy to drive with three slides to make living easier with two people in close quarters.

A year after we bought it and before I retired, his kidneys starting failing and he went on dialysis three times a week...this put the quietus on us traveling. The tale of woe continues in that the bottom dropped out of the economy, so no hope of selling it. We've had it in storage ever since (storage fees can be quite high) and I have about 2000 miles on a seven-year old motor home and since he passed away almost two years ago, it's not been moved.

They are wonderful and oh so easy to travel with but in the long run, I think I would have preferred to buy a travel trailer (cheaper) and a good truck with which to tow it. I could now be living in a trailer parked in a park somewhere. Also to take into consideration with a motor home is the tow vehicle (commonly called a toad). If you don't take one (and there are special considerations about the type of car you can tow flat or on a dolly behind the coach, when you're traveling and you set up in a park, what are you going to use for traveling and sight-seeing in the area.

Sorry to be so long winded. Motor homes are great but there are a lot of things you have to consider and think about if you're not familiar with them. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.

p.s. Oh! And the maintenance is definitely something to consider...the shop from which we bought ours had four dealerships in several cities in SoCal, so when they decided to close one which one did they choose....the one near me. That goodness we still have a Camping World close by.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 10-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: add p.s.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #9

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Amen for all of your good information! That is why we never bought one, we simply can't afford all the extra things that go with owning one, it's not that the motor home is not a fun thing to have.............lots of things to consider, besides the price of the home. Thank you for all of your reminders, because I don't know anyone yet who had good luck with one. Even my brother and sister in law with their 6th. wheel unit, it was ok for the first year, and after that, just a lot of this and that going wrong, it's hardly used now, and only for going up into the hills nearby, not even considered for a long trip. Sigh. What a sad thing for you and your husband to go through, Mary, sending hugs to you

We drove to a Mall we hadn't been to, well, still didn't find it, so went to the one we are used to, walked all over to get our walking in for the day, and I bought some flats at Pay Less Shoe Source for my around the house shoes. Then we went out to lunch, and that is that. Had a good time though, and some laughs.

Pleasant day, everyone, if you are able. I need to do some laundry now.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, got the poo picked up, the house cleaned and took Nadine to Wally world to pick up a jacket for the three-year old. She wanted to put some toys on lay-away for Christmas and was thwarted by their rules....each item has to be at least $15 and a minimum of $50 on the program...she had several less expensive items and the others came to $40 so I took the lay-away and brought them home with me. (plus they had a nice plush Sully, from the movie Monster's Inc, that I wanted to get her for the holidays. Get home and it's pouring rain, so everythings sitting in the trunk until it at least slows down.

Thanks for the hugs, Doris, sorry you couldn't find the new mall. I don't think they hide 'em but some are very hard to find. You guys are getting out so much more now, it must be a relief to be so close to things...kinda hard to run to the mall when you sit on the side of a mountain and it's umpteen miles to a crossroads. This was a good move for you.

Enjoying the rain and the coolth but they're expecting three to four inches of snow up in the mountains...a lot of people will be slip slidin' around as I'm sure no one is prepared for such an early snowfall. This weekend is expected to be back up in the 80's (it's now 55 degrees outside and I may have to turn the heat on for the first time of the year.) Got my tea, wearing my sweats and ready to curl up with a good book...type ya later if I don't fall asleep.

Last edited by Mssarge; 10-09-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Slept the entire day away...

after hair wash (nothing else is done to my hair- she towels it a little and I twist it into a bun) only shampoo/ no conditioner. It isn't even combed thru- I let it down and do that after it dries other wise it is too flat. It is thick but too silky if combed wet.
Picked up a magazine and when I got on the bed to read a while Ms. SuSun climbed onto my chest and with that warmness we were both knocked out cold.

TV REPORTS PLEASE! I am loving "The Millers" but it does need polish- will continue to watch. S.H.I.E.L.D is fabulous and so is the best of the new season so far THE BLACK LIST. Goin to try Revolution and The Tomorrow People toniht. Of course stayin with Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory. Sadly do not like Crazy Ones and I realy wanted to as I love Robin. Looking forward to Mike and Molly. Still watching Chopped and Restaurant Impossible and that is about all I watch. Oh, the History Channel is doing new ancient aliens so I am catching some of that. Of course counting the days for Dowton Abby to come back.
SO WHAT ARE ALL YALL WATCHING?
Louise, those mittens are a work of art. I send up prayers each day for you two. G*d help those of us rambling around in the dark country of cancer.
BBL
e.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here again.

I had a Day of Ups Doris.
Your comment made me think of us ALL jumping in a long skipping rope together. Ha! 1,2,3, Jump! Remember those days.

Another glorious day, sunny and low 70s, my fav.
Two guys came around 10am to sand the uprights on my deck. They did about two hours of really good work and then left quickly I guess another job was more pressing. They said they will be back in the morning to finish it. So I am happy that my deck is finally getting done. Another guy is coming on Friday morning to sand the floor of the deck with some special machine. Then they can start staining it.
I think my DH would be happy that I am taking care of his deck.

Babette, that must be frustrating with your RV hope it gets resolved soon.

Linda,Shenue, What kind of RV are you looking at? Just curious.
Just LOVE the little crowd hugging, that is adorable.

Lainey, Did you get your hair washed?

I agree Doris, Thank YOU to Mary and Babette for sharing the pros and cons regarding RV ownership to be aware of at least.

Mary, sorry to hear of your sad loss and short use of your retirement dreams. I totally understand.
Sounds, like you are playing Santa for that young Mom holding the stuff for her. I hope the rain stopped so you could bring the items indoors.

Waving to All and hope to bbt...
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, just a brief update from soggy SoCal...still raining and parts of the basin and the mountains have had thunder snow storms, so Mother Nature is shaking up a lot of folks. Flooding on the freeways are tying up the rush hour traffic, so those folks on the I-5 north of L.A. are sitting as no lanes either way are open...my eyes were drooping, so laid down for a while. Couldn't sleep but the eyes felt a bit better afterward.

This was a scheduled down day on my woe, but decided it was a perfect day for chili, so defrosted some from the freezer and here I sit dipping chips into the bowl and warming up the inside of the bod.

Sounds like all are having a great day, hope the rain reaches you all fairly quickly as that means it will be leaving this area fast...not that I want it to go, as it's nice having the chill in the air.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Lainey....we are totally addicted to The Blacklist. This is the first drama on commercial TV we have enjoyed in Years! Usually we watch the first episode of a new show and often don't make it thru the second commercial.
James Spader is just fantastic in the Blacklist.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

TV up tic... Arrow is way too young for me! what I saw (about 2 minutes) so was Revolution. This 71 year old is finding it harder and harder to relate to just about anything. Downton Abby is totally my speed- intense but with class- "keep calm and carry on"... say what?
I' ll be reading a lot as sleep will be iffy after the full afternoon nappy I did with SuSun... I even had a big coffee when I got up.
bbt or later if so very wide awake.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh YES, Begete- been a fan of Spader from the minute I laid eyes on him in Boston Legal. The writing is just amazing and he is the only one that could carry that role to perfection the way he does. Is it his eyes? The way he walks and moves about like a king? I am a voice person and he commands every word. I dunno, all of that I guess.