LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALL, Oct. 8

The orthopedist proclaimed me much better, feeling my tendon over and over, lol, but says, at my age, it may come back again, and then I'd get one of those nice boots. I'm to keep doing the foot and leg exercises though. No shots or surgery.

Some others on here will understand, we went to Lowe's for 2 items today, and came back with 6 more PLANTS!! Didn't we just say on Saturday, NO MORE PLANTS??? WTH !

Hugs to Louise, Verleen, Susan, and Mary also has some health issues causing disturbances, and Begete has a bad back problem, what the heck is going on? Lainey, how are you faring?

We shall see what kind of stuff Tuesday brings us. Had an offer on our house in Calif., but not sure if we will accept it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36627_327477057325435_1643064099_n.jpg (62.2 KB, 1 views)

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Doris,you're lucky not to get that shot,it's not fun.I had one in my heal and that's all it took.I was working then and could not play around with it.
Have a nice day,take time for yourself.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good tuesday AM. Thanks Doris for start out.

Thanks for asking Doris... huge hungry issues since the walking has ceased for the time being... need to just et myself the ELL out there by myself and will try today for sure. Gonna dress for it so I'll not have that excuse- It is blissfully cool but damp.
Hair wash tomorrow as my Cancer Support (second thursday each month) is this week and I like to lunch and take donations to Good Will to et my card stamped for # 3- 4 times and you get additional 20% off for that day. No other plans for the week.
See y'all all later.
Anne, missing you and the little "Princess". WASSS UP?
Big hugs and prayers for all those with health situations.
E.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/124/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning all-

It's 46 right now with an expected high of 66. Chilly in the morning but I can live with the cool.

Started a knit hat for Bob for his birthday. It's a quick knit and I'm incorporating musical motifs at his request. It will ultimately be lined with fleece, though the yarn (a blend of wool and alpaca) is very warm. He is bald and the wind whistles through knit hats, no matter how tightly knit, so I plan to put in a microfleece lining.

We drove up into Dutchess county on Sunday and passed a farm that had alpacas! Some farmers raise them for their fleece which makes a wonderfully soft and warm yarn. Fun to see them.

I'm feeling pretty good today (the steroid effect) and will go for my Neulasta shot later. Unfortunately, all the IV fluids put on 3 pounds overnight, but it should drop off quickly.

Doris, I love the quip you posted. I go braless whenever I can, especially since some of these chemos have made me intolerant of elastic and snug clothing. My chemo port is implanted just under my collarbone on the left and certain bra straps can hit it. Not fun, and can you guess the surgeon who put it in was male? Lucky I'm somewhat flat chested (and an old hippie at heart)!

That's about it for now.

Wishing all good things to all,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
LOL, Doris. When I am home all day and just working in the house and garden where not visible to "the public" I go braless.

Today we pack up the motorhome for our short trip tomorrow to see how Red and Blue behave in the rv. If they behave normally - for them - we may be back home tomorrow night!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all..in the 40's this morning and feels so good. I am an Autumn person in temperament and according to the color stylists so this is my time of year....we just don't get the traditional fall here...gotta go up to Oak Glen for the apple picking and enjoy the fall colors...that's about 50 miles away and up the foothills...hmm, gotta se if I can find someone to go with me.

Doris, so glad the foot is getting better and you didn't have to get the shots...believe me, I've had almost any kinda pain associated with the foot except broken bones; plantar warts, plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, shin splits to name a few...so I can feel for anyone with foot pain.

Weezie, that hat sounds like a great idea and I'm so happy your feeling okay after the treatment...hugs

A warning for all...Just got a phone call which I suspect is a scam. Particularly since we're coming into the season for them. Got a call from someone trying to pass himself as my grandson...little did he know I have no children, let alone a grandson. He hung up very quickly when I said so. That is one of the biggest little scams going....someone calls pretending to be a relative and says they're in some kind of trouble...arrested, been mugged, etc...and they want you to send them some money. Quite a few elders fall for this one every year...so just thought I remind everyone about this scam...be careful folks, there are a lot of what I call sharks out there just looking for a way to take your money, or your life for that matter.

Enough of trash talking...just wanted to remind you...have a great day today folks and I hope something good comes your way.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 10-08-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good day folks. It makes my day to come here and hear the same old, friendly faces. Cathy is off today and I think we'll go out for dinner.

I go braless all the time now since my surgery in 2010. I lost my left lung and a bra makes it harder to breathe. It use to bother me, but not any more and I'm not flat chested. I'll check back later. I'm om the iPad.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hi everyone. I hope you all are well. I haven't been around here in a couple of years, but I see the familiar nicks that I remember. I do hope everyone is well.
Is Jezzie still around? I remember when I was here a couple years ago, she was the one that would usually start the daily threads....at least most of the time.
I am still chugging along with my weight loss. up and down over and over. My signature tells that story all too well. But I had a restart a few months ago and the weight is coming off. Don't want to lose touch here again so I will be checking in often.

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216;8-6/233
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
LINDA- great to see you again.

So very sorry still that we lost Jezzie quite the while back to lung cancer. Seems that it came on quickly and was over very soon. I miss her so much as there was no other like her.
Your weight is the weiht (Kitty Cat- Ms. SuSun taloned my "G") I started out with and am now in the upper 160 range. I do not weih myself but a couple of times a year. BEST advice or what helped me the most finally was portion control and daily 2 times a day WALKS- I started out with 10 minutes out which ment 10 minutes back 2 X day and now usually do 1+ hr. mornins and 2+ after supper. NO bread in my life ever- and working on NO SUGAR (I call sugar "tumor food" as it increases tumor growth) ... d*mn it, I loved my bread and got rid of it so should be able to do the d*mn sugar as well.
A BIG (if I bang it hard it works) Welcome back to you.
ELAINE
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hi NM,

Thanks for the reply. Wow I am so so sorry to hear about Jezzie. I really did enjoy reading her posts.

I have gotten rid of all bread...pasta...etc. Actually anything made with grains is pretty much outta here for me because of health reasons, along with being just too full of carbs. NO sugar of any kind. I have also eliminated starchy veges. My allowed foods are mainly lean meats (all meats including beef, chicken, seafood...etc.), low glycemic vegetables (lots of green veges plus others that are low glycemic also), eggs, and about 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain of course) each day. Eliminating the bread/pasta/grains has been the biggest challenge for me, but I am doing it.

Hugs to everyone. Linda :-)
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Another fan of going braless whenever I can.
Besides whenever I do, it pulls all the wrinkles out of my face. Ha!

Doris, glad to hear your foot pain is lessening and that your doc is happy with it so far. We can only keep up with the exercises as a way of preventing further pain huh?

Louise, love to read your posts. You are so busy with your creative projects.
I am too scattered to read a pattern any more. Hopefully one day I will get back into it.

Mary, do you have any pics of that French Silk Tree? It sounds intriguing. I wonder if Babette knows the history.
Mary, to warn everyone about that scam.

Welcome Back Linda Shenue, WE are glad to have you back.

Lainey, enjoy the shampoo and style tomorrow, always a treat huh?

Nothing much going on up here, weather is back to low 70's and sunny.
Hope to get my deck sanded tomorrow, a couple of guys are coming in the morning. Then hopefully if the weather stays dry they will stain on another day.

Waving to All and hope to bbt...
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TooSweetForMe
Stats: 178/178/150
WOE: lower carb / type 2 diabetic
Start Date: September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Some others on here will understand, we went to Lowe's for 2 items today, and came back with 6 more PLANTS!! Didn't we just say on Saturday, NO MORE PLANTS??? WTH !
Doris, my Mom and I have been there, done that - but not with plants. Our weaknesses are the Coca Cola Christmas houses and the Lennox Christmas villages.
TooSweetForMe is offline   Reply With Quote