LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Saturday, October 5

I guess Doris is enjoying her anniversary, so I will get us started.

Saturday we are going out for pizza and a movie with friends. Hopefully seeing The Butler.

Today and Saturday, since no rain for a change, working in the garden.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Ha, thanks for starting, Begete, I just got in here, was watching Bill Maher with dh. Have an enjoyable day and Sunday, gardening, and have fun with your friends seeing a movie and having some Pizza!

Gathering some magazines to read in the bedroom, love the "Reminisce" magazines, and Ladies Home Journal came today........oldies but goodies.

What are the rest of our "crew" doing this weekend??
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,
Slept well last night,felt good.
Nothing going on today other than moving some cages around that I don't need any more.Need to sell then but just don't like putting ads and having people come.Use to not bother me but does now.
DH is going hunting at the crawfish ponds in the wooded area.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning Begete, Doris and Gladys & those to come.

Fighting the white, hot, hate, HEAT yet again today- to 90 degrees for the hottest so far. Steady rain expected Monday & Tuesday and most welcome of course. Did not check for tomorrow yet.
My tummy has been giving me fits but find there seem to be side effects with the Imodium- tired/hungry/foggy... only slight but I do not like them and that is the only thing different in my routine. OF COURSE though heat bothers my psychie a lot as well and that could be the problem.
Whine fest over!
Garden clean up some more- I bagged one leaf bag yesterday when I can usually do 5 or 6. Slow motion in the heat I call it. Gave up and laid about reading magazines.
Hmmm once you start whinning it is hard to stop. LOL
I'll leave yall all in peace for a spell.
E.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #5

Getting used to the weird weather, it's in the 70's, humid, but by 5 pm, it's going to be in the 50's, cold for here, no wonder people tell me they keep jackets and shoes in their cars, rain gear, etc.

Wishing the folks who might have problems from the tropical storm well.

dh wants to go out to breakfast, so off we go, still dressed for heat.

Have a good day, or relax, if you are able too.........I need to try to defrizz the hair now
Old 10-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning all,

Glad to see that you're adjusting to the weird weather, Doris. Just wait till you see how excited everybody gets when it cools down - it's kind of funny - I'm right in there with em!

My plans for the day are pretty routine - dry cleaners, vet - pick up monthly heartworm medicine, bank, grocery store, and gym. Will try and make some LC praline balls later on.

Hugs to all who need them!
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, you are leading quite a different life style now, aren't you? I think it's so good to hear that you and dh are getting out so much now.
Gladys, what does C hunt for?

Everyone, have a good weekend!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi everyone, will post while this INTERNET is working.
This RV resort is full except for two spots but everyone is out and about even though the National Park is closed.
There is an antique car show, huge apple fest and other things going on.

Off to do something but will try to get on line later.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
BIG QUESTION?

Mary Ann's (not toy but small) poodle is driving her nuts digging up and eating grass & worms... my neighbor says when they eat grass the are usually sick. Needless to say she throws up everywhere. ANY HELP sure would be appreciated.
Yeesh, my kitties are so little trouble but a doggie would take more than 1 owner to cope I think.
Hotter than a just shot pistal out there!
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Lainey, I'd keep the dog inside as much as possible and feed small amounts of white rice with a bit of chicken broth to try and settle the tummy. If it's still upset by Monday, a trip to the vet may be in order. Good Luck!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hello folks. I enjoy reading about your days, even when I'm not posting myself. I esp like hearing from those of you who seem to have nothing negative to say. I wish I could be more like you. I apologize for my negative comments. I should keep them to myself.

Doris, with all those trips to the Dallas area, I never ate at the Roadhouse. How was it? We ate a few times at the Saltgrass Steakhouse in Rockwall which was very good. The best steak I ever had was at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse in the VA-DC area. But very expensive. It was a one time experience and someone else was paying the tab. It was exceptionally good.

My grandkids love shellfish and so we ate quite a few times at Joe's Crab Shack. I felt like I was plopped right into the nest of some hungry baby birds. Those darlin' grandkids surrounded me with mouths wide open (This was when they were younger). I'm not sure that I got more than a couple bites of my crab.

We are about to go to the grocery store. I'm going to have the deli make up a picnic tray for me. A couple who moved in just a few months before we did, are having a picnic house warming today for the neighborhood. This neighborhood has the friendliest people. They are barbequing and have some side dishes and drinks, but would welcome any dishes people would like to bring. The weather is suppose to rain but I hope it holds off for these people's sake. We'll get to meet more of our neighbors. I'm hoping they offer a tour of their home. Its bigger, more elaborate and ornate that ours could ever be. I bet the inside is really something to see.

Have a good one. Remember, if the sun isn't shining, just remember, its just right behind the clouds.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #12

Good to "read" everyone's posts today!

Verleen, what a nice idea, block party with picnic style foods, and to meet and lay eyes on the neighbors. Enjoy yourself! The Texas Roadhouse was great. There is one of those Saltgrass Steak places nearby, we happened to pass it when we drove through a shopping area shortcut yesterday, we have to try that one of these times.......too many things we want to try

Michele, we were told about the odd weather (to us, anyway) but experiencing it is different. Lots of people out and about, bikers, runners, walkers and strollers, with and without animals. But smiling!

Julie, we are staying up later, too, meaning we sleep longer, and it's messing up our usual time, ha ha, just not used to it yet. But fun.........

Linda, sounds like some good things to do to keep you active though, are there a lot of antique cars at that show? Wish the internet would be better for you.

Lainey, can your friend call her vet and just ask for some advice, those tummy issues come back often with the small dogs, and you don't always need an appt. Michele's recipe is what our vet used to offer up, too.

We left the house around 8 am for breakfast, it was 78 degrees, had shorts, flip flops, tank top on, and by the time we got to the plant sale, about 9:10, it was 58 degrees, light rain, cool wind, and I was glad to get into the bldg. Thank goodness they held the sale in a huge agricultural bldg. We thought to buy 3 plants, but wound up with 11, lots of varieties that I've only seen in catalogs. dh planted 3 of them, but the rest have to wait till we get some bags of soil. All of the people there, Master Gardeners and customers were Seniors, not one was younger than us, I kid you not. But friendly as all get out, dh met some Vietnam Vets there with their wives, and a nice bunch of people. They have a different sale in the Spring.

Have to wear long pants, sleeved top, take a windbreaker jacket, just in case, and have to wear shoes, woe is me. Haven't put on a shoe since some time in May. Been living in Flip Flop heaven, but have to come back to Earth.

Sorry to go on blabbing here, maybe one day we can all meet on one of those computer "clouds" and chit chat with each other in real time??

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Or should I say g'day? It's eleven o'clock here, so most of the world is out of the morning mode. I think it must be the new med, Ranexa...I've only been taking it three days but I've slept 'til ten twice...so maybe I'm sleeping deeper than before...oh well, it's not as if I have anything to do early in the morning.

Verleen, don't regret posting your thoughts...that's what we're all about, I think. Supporting each other with the woe and wol. If you've problems, it helps to unload 'em. So Keep it coming. Wish I had a neighborhood that is as friendly as yours seems. SoCal is not neighbor oriented...I've talked to three of mine, but don't even see the others, which is a crying shame.

Doris, I got used to carrying a sweater or windbreaker, shoes and socks in the car when we were in Alaska which has different weather for sure than Texas, but where we were would climb into to the upper 90's in the Summer, but could drop 60 degrees in a very short time. Went to the Roadhouse on one of my trips through Dallas and enjoyed it immensely.

Gladys, you're making me hungry for some homemade gumbo...the canned just isn't the same...guess I'll make a trip to the store that sells mud puppies, so I can have a boil to go with it. I love making the gumbo, but it's so time consuming to make and then I have a big pot and no one with whom to share it...maybe I'll make it when we all get together.

Nuttin' happening here and no plans for the day...of course, I don't usually leave the house on the weekends as there are too many people out there but with the winds blowing and the heat, a double whammy for me anyway. Sounds like everyone has plans and is staying busy...have a great day.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 10-05-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #14

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Finally finished the yard sale at noon. We sold quite a bit of "stuff". But we are not done yet. Tuesday we will start the clean up of the left overs. Glad the major part is over. Next they want to paint the cemetary fence. Guess there is not rest for the wicked.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote