Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THURSDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 3 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/813344-thursdays-roll-call-oct-3-a.html)

mykneesareback 10-02-2013 07:32 PM

THURSDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 3

Fall is coming here and there, later this weekend will see some cool temps here, so we shall see...............lots of photos of beautiful foliage already showing up online.

:high5: Thursday, the sun room shade tech is coming and we hope it will help a lot to keep it cooler.

Take care of yourselves, friends! :heart:

mykneesareback 10-03-2013 07:34 AM

Gee, we oldsters are sure busy lately, lol. Hope it's mostly for good things and not those doctor appts.. :aprayer:

Just checking in, I need to call dh's doctor about a medication, but don't know which one, since Medco doesn't tell you when they call.

Onward !

Norfolk Mermaid 10-03-2013 08:08 AM

Good morning and Doris.

Does anyone know how I can erase all those good morning choices that are adding up. I tried highlighting and hitting the delete but nada.
Anyhew, another hot, hot day with another one tomorrow. Sure was a short fall season recently.
Took pics of my huge birthday bouquet this mornin and have the smart card ready to get a CD and prints at Rite Ade. Still too afraid to try a CD in my puter and have heard that you can buy a tray and plug it into the lap top somewhere. Need to go to a place with a Apple techie. So much to do all the da*& time.
Off I go and so glad that it is a UP DAY- kinda like "HUUUMP DAAAY!!!" riht Mary? "UUUP DAAAY"!!! whoo hooo!
bbl- I am off to market to buy a fat pig!

Mssarge 10-03-2013 08:13 AM

Good morning all...our last cool day with the on shore flow before Summer gives another last gasp for the weekend. We're going up to the mid 90's again and have a red-flag warning....low humidity, Santa Ana winds, and a real danger for fires so everyone is really nervous...even the federal fire fighters will be standing by even tho' they'll not get paid until later.

Lainey, we were posting at the same time and I'm confused by what you mean about the "good morning choices" must be something you've picked up from the net. Maybe the apple guy can help you...yep, we do love the up days. I find it hard to eat to the up day calories tho' and think that may be why I stall. I'm glad to be back in the groove and looking forward to the SIRTs kicking in. Yesterday was mine and I wasn't hungry at all, but I pigged out on an ice cream carton and probably made the required calories.

Gee! Everyone must be very busy this morning as by this time most of our eastern friends have checked in...hope you all have a great day...may bbl

mykneesareback 10-03-2013 09:19 AM

Loretta does her visits of sick people at the hospital and home on Thursdays, she and John go together doing this, I think.

So it's going to be that weird hot wind stuff going on, eh Mary, hate that!! The worry about fire is terrible. Remember a bunch of years ago, it was in late October that they had that awful fire in Oakland hills area, and that area once again still has those trees, weeds, shrubs next to homes, they didn't learn a thing. I worry about the mountains, too.

The shade treatment guys are almost done, it already makes a difference inside the den, as far as heat coming in.

Later!

Mssarge 10-03-2013 10:24 AM

Yeah, Doris, particularly up in what used to be your area. My brother once had one down canyon from him and they were all worried about the butane tanks...another down side of living in that part of the country. They were very fortunate in that the fire was controlled before getting too close to his place. This has already been a bad year for the fires and we're keeping our fingers crossed that nothing bad happens during this Santana.

Nothing planned for this fine day, so looking to get into some trouble. Lots of things to do around the house, but don't feel like doing 'em...so we'll see what the day brings...will type ya later.

mykneesareback 10-03-2013 11:33 AM

Loretta has that BIG yard sale today, forgot about that, she will be on her feet for a good spell.

Our house up in the mountains still has the propane tank, still has stuff in it because the heat has to be on low all winter, so the pipes don't freeze.

The roof of that sun room is done, made a difference of 11 degrees already, he says other people call him the next day, that it made around a 20 degree difference............I'd like some wicker furniture in there, ha ha ha.

Shalbrihil 10-03-2013 12:51 PM

Oh my what a difference. I think that will be your favorite room with wicker furniture. :)

Mornings are getting crisp like Fall but by noon it's in the high 80's. It's a nice livable weather for us. I'm still wearing my ped. Not able to do any major walking but it's my zen master. I feel the need to get on my feet more when it's on.

Planted flowers are still liking the new barrel. I'm waiting for the shock to set in. Hopefully they will not have that issue..

I just put a roast in the oven. I sure like my new Dutch Oven. I've used it twice now and it's not going back! Ha.

Loretta V 10-03-2013 02:21 PM

It was a BIG yard sale day today. Home now, 4:pm after an early 7am start.
We had quite a few workers so got to break or just visit quite a bit even though we were busy. The gal in charge made chili, hot dogs, macaroni salad, and some polish sausage. I brought 2 desserts. We sold quite a bit of stuff today. I will not go there tomorrow. If anything is left they will open Sat am. we will see.

It sure warmed up after a little rain this morning but most of the day was sunny.

Glad you got some relief from that heat Doris. Shades help a lot.

Here in Ky people use propane a lot for heat, cooking and hot water. There are not many natural gas lines available. It is that or electric for all appliances. That can get costly.

Glad to be off my feet. Not going tomorrow I have other duties. John will go.