LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Oct. 2

Another day, another dollar, boy howdy, that is an old saying!!

Good to see Doug posting, and many of us had extra things to do today. As Linda likes to say, it's a wonder we had time to work, before we retired!

We have some banking to do Wednesday, got a refund from the moving company, they said we "overpaid", imagine that!! It was Bekin's.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Doris, you mentioned yesterday (earlier this afternoon) about going to a garden show this weekend and how surprised you were at the possibility of having flowering plants during the winter...just had to mention that my parents, lo those many years ago, decided to go to Galveston (from Oklahoma) in February as a celebration before my brother went overseas. I was amazed as we drove south leaving the cold and ice as the weather warmed up into the 70's or even higher for that matter. It was my first taste of different climates and it changed my way of thinking.

I know you'll have lots of such epiphanies in your move off the mountain into the flatlands of Texas...I hope they are all joyous and you have a great winter garden.

Catch ya in the morning as I'm running out the door for yet another doctor's appointment. Have a great day all.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning and thanks Doris for opening the door.

Saving my spot for the day.
Must say though that I just cannot seem to make the change over from N.Y. gardening to Va.'s. I will really go at it different this spring (being ready by working all winter to prepare for spring for one thing) . The winter's are more warm that real cold and the ground does not freeze like in N.Y.
Mary Ann took her Dad (Mr. Edwards to me) to the hospital at about 3: am this morning. They kept him in the ER and do not seem to know what is wrong so far. Knees to toes are very red which I looked up and can be due to out of control blood sugars which his ARE with amazing highs and lows. Needless to say she is a basket case. I feel so bad for her.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't know why that pic did not work.

trying yet again.

could someone right side me up PLEASE? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-4.jpg (101.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 10-02-2013 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: need riht sidin
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/130.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hope this works!

Great picture, Lainey -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lainey.jpg (65.4 KB, 28 views)
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

hmm looked trimer on my side... lol

Thanks Michele. I have had it with that hair do! Yesterday I tried my very old, for many, many years hair do of a "french twist"- top lift made a whole world of difference so NO MORE granny look for "this will never be a granny" lady. Hair is almost too long but I'll pick up some real long hair pins and dig out my big combs to use.... don't know why I did not think of that years and years ago. Some times I feel like I am finally getting some of my brain back from where ever it had escaped to.
Hope everyone is doin super well. Dat Blame HEAT is back but like I said a 80-85 temp. in Oct. is in no way like a 80-85 in July. 85 today and tomorrow and where the "BLOODY-ELL" is the rain? been weeks and none forcast till a week from now.
bbl
Oh, re-starting UP DAY/ DOWN DAY with odd numbers being down days so I am boiling chick legs for the cats and will sip the broth for myself through out the day and evening- 500 cals. is so very low but tomorrow will be a nice up day where 1000 cals to 1,200 will seem like feasting.
gone again bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 10-02-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #7

Great picture of you, Lainey! Thanks to Michele, you are a whiz!! I have to send things like that to my brothers to fix, or wait for my son to come here, lol.

I'm having trouble uploading the CD's from photos we had developed at Wal Mart, I keep clicking on what it says, but nothing happens, lol. Son will be here tomorrow night, so will see what he says, and then, WRITE it down, for heaven's sakes!!

Have a good day! We are having lunch out at the Vietnamese place just down the street, about 3 miles away.

Mary, I think you are right about the Fall being like Spring in California.......we have a list of questions to ask the Master Gardeners, dh would like to plant a Meyer Lemon tree, for one thing. And we have 2 different kind of Oak trees out back, with tiny, green acorns on them.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 10-02-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Just waving "hi". In between raindrops, we are moving plants and planting some new ones.

Have a good one.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Here's my barrel planting efforts. I think they are going to like it there.

I was going to just put it in the post but the photo is way to huge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00331.jpg (80.9 KB, 12 views)
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/130.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good job, Sharon
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello Everyone! Just heading outside to mow the lawn. The sun has been out for a while and thermometer says 54 degrees so am hoping my overgrown lawn will be dry enough to be cutting. Have had quite of a bit of rain and chilly weather recently.

I am thinking of pushing the lawn mower around as good exercise. It is a self-propelled mower so not sure if that really counts as 'good' exercise.

Hope you all are enjoying your planting and outside day.

Joni
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all....finally here

Just got back from the doc's and had my first cup of coffee and, no, it wasn't because the doc wanted me fasting. I slept in this morning later than I've ever done...almost 10 am and had time to feed the fur kids, shower and get to the doc's. This cardiologist is really good but the office was swamped with people and he takes whatever time his patients need...he doesn't rush them although it seems like he's just in and out with me...so I didn't get back to the inner sanctum for almost an hour and half after my appointment...jeez! I wish I had taken a cup of coffee with me.

Doc had a EKG run, and, then didn't like my report of earlier night pains, so he's prescribed further tests and a new script for angina, apparently. I guess he didn't like the results of the EKG, either...he did approve of my pulmonologist taking me off Spiriva and giving me Tudorza instead. It's a new med that apparently works better than the other inhalants and Big Medicine released it with good tests and cheaper costs, too. If you are having lung problems, you might check with your doc to see if it works better for you.

Sorry to be such a Chatty Cathy, but I just had to unload.

Lovely photo, Lainey, I love it. Glad to welcome you back to the UD/DD woe. I, too, am trying to get back in the groove again. I think with the cooler weather my gumption to resume the weight loss wol is back in the groove. I particularly like the way I feel when the SIRTs kick in. Although with your diabetes, you'll have to be careful...don't let it get so back it's a problem. You might restart with higher DD's...remember even the 30 or 40% level is a good starting point, you don't have to start at the 20% level....but good luck, hon. So glad you had such a good birthday; sounds like it was fun.

Babette, I see you've been getting all the rain...is it staying really cool, or has been the warm rain...send some of it down this way.

Hope everyone had a good day today and, hopefully, good things came your way...sending hugs to all.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary....I am too darn wet to reply.....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

just getting here. I was at a Retreat for the day, lovely weather for it too. The bus picked us up at 8:30 am and returned us at 4:30 pm

Bonus! DS is flying home and I will pick him up at 9pm at the airport, yeah I get him home for a week.

Babette, I guess he had enough of the rain out your way. He was in Vancouver all last week.

Lainey, Love that pic of YOU! A pretty butterfly in the garden.

Waving to all and hope to bb tomorrow...
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #15

Susan, how nice that your son will be back with you, and for a whole week, too, that IS a Bonus!!!

Begete, do you have webbed feet yet???
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Evenin everyone.

thanks for the compliments- that is the Butterfly Bench in the Butterfly Garden at the Norfolk Zoo. I stood under one of the "domes" and a prarrie doggie sat on my head. Ila and Anthony cracked up! I always ask for the Zoo when they visit me.
Visited Mary Ann and her brother just now and she is furious that the Dr.s are not telling her anything.... It is a Medical School type thing and she said none of them could hardly speak english. Mainly they are just going slow wait for test and like that and hopefully will talk to her tomorrow. She promised to call me about how he is tomorrow morning.
I will play a couple of games of solitaire then hit the beddy bye and work a puzzle from the news paper and that should calm me down- Mary Ann is a bit phrenetic but of course I understand with all she is dealing with. "Missy" had to show me every one of her toys (tons) for me to toss- she is getting smarter by the minute- oops, another minute- SMARTER!
Begete, we need some of that rain real bad here.
bbt
OH- MOVIE REVIEW.... MISSION IMPOSSIBLE- GHOST PROTOCOL. Loved it!
Almost as good as the original series but nothing was ever that good.