LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 28

A weekend and hopefully some things to do for some of us, for fun or a change of pace.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Saturday Morning all.

The house is a little warm but do not like to open the doors while it is still dark- don't know why but do remember was terrified of the dark as a little kid. Can only sleep in pitch darkness ever since I can remember though. Read that there seems to be a link to breast cancer with women that sleep with night lights.
Mary I love your post- in the rural south that expression- "The Good Lord Willing And The Creek Don't Rise" is heard just about every day and I still use it but rarely. Love knowing what the true meaning is- I have one I read years ago in the Reader's Digest- Origin of the salute.... (make allowences for memory failures) there was royalty- Queen Anne (?) watching a parade of soldiers and "Sir Walter Raleigh" ever the diplomat told the men to shield their eyes from her radiant beauty as they passed by. My uncle a ret. Navy Commander screamed that this was stupid but could not give any story himself.
Mary, that thigh surgery sounds so painful but you seem to be getting on with yourself. We are not meant to have huge holes in our persons. A N.Y. friend's son when he was little had a growth that kept coming back after removals on his shin. Finally the surgeon told "Edna" we will hollow it out like a walnut and needless to say it never came back. Sounds like maybe you got that type of surgery. Sending wishes for blessings your way.
You know Verleen- I don't recall who said it yesterday but since you still have the old house you might just tell him to go back there to live. HOWEVER- I would worry about that vile temper he has and guess I would do exactly what you and Cathy are doing which is to endure him. Wishes for Blessings for you both and him as well.
Linda, thanks a million for that Camel Commercial- it is a tad better on the big screen but still a crack up- I have played it over and over and plan to forward it to a few people. Wish I knew how to import stuff like that... but then again would not use it very much.
BBL coffee is gone and so am I.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning everyone,

Hope you all are doing well today. My plans for the day include a trip to the hairdresser, dry cleaner, and grocery store. The forecasters are predicting rain for my area to begin around noon and last through tomorrow. We are very happy to hear it!
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #4

I second that emotion, Michele, we have had some "mist" already, but no real rain, you can feel it coming, though.

Son and Silas are on their way, be back later on to read.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Cool and wind blowing; the temp will be going up over the next couple of days, but that's Autumn in SoCal. I've seen three digit temps as late as October here. The winds are not too bad for our first Santa Anas of the year which is a good thing, we've had 'em so bad it blew down sections of my fence...I'm pretty sure the fence is stabilized now so that shouldn't happen....knock on wood.

Lainey, I love origin stories; hmmm!, maybe that's why I enjoy genealogy searches so much. The origin of the hand salute (the way I've heard it) is that it dates back to the knights of old when meeting on the roads would raise the visor of their helmets to show their faces...the other story goes back to the Roman days and since most men used their right hands to hold weapons, they would raise their right hand to show it was empty....that's also the origin of the word "sinister" as the Latin word for left is "sinistra" and any person who was left handed would then be more dangerous as he could raise his right hand but still have the weapon in the left..."Et Tu Brute! I love your story, tho', and will add that to my list of Bon Mots.

N's coming over to do some cleaning for me so will have clean sheets on the bed and the carpets vacuumed...maybe I'll have her straighten the garage so I can put the car in it....imagine that, using the garage for a car, wow! We had spits of rain this week, and the car is all spotty. Made the chili yesterday so will have to freeze up a bunch and make the tamale/chili relleno pie...still have a lot of veggies I've got to do something with, so more time in the kitchen today.

Hugs to our friends who are hurting today and hope you're having a good day, and will type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Hope you get that rain Michele. We have had an unusual amount of rain this summer.

Plans for today included breakfast at local church, walk, church early evening and then out for burgers.

Tomorrow we will travel to Owensboro Ky to be a part of a celebration for Senior church members who do a lot for the church. One of our gals does a tremendous amount of work with yard sales, fish fires, pot lucks and so on and so on. She is our church recepient this year.

Hugs to those in need.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #7

Yeah, Loretta, it does seem as though your area had a lot of rain this summer. How nice that your church honors the ones that really give a lot of their personal time and effort, does anyone put her picture in the local newspaper, or is the town too large for a small newspaper?

Julie, are you going anywhere to eat with your friends tonight?

Michele, I hope you get that rain, so far, it's looking dark grey in the distance, and clouds here, but nada! Did you get a hair cut or perm?

Mary, how is your leg doing and feeling this morning? I hate those Santa Ana winds, they cause such havoc down there, one reason we tried to go to Disneyland when they would not be around so much. Hope your N shows up and gets some stuff done.

Lainey, are you going to that flea market thing with Mary Anne today? Hope the weather is decent for that kind of thing, and hope you have some good finds there!

Wishing Verleen to have a day free of strife, but don't know if that is possible anymore.

Louise, how are you faring, and how is Bob, recovering nicely and able to help you out?

Son and Silas were here for several hours, Silas liked the chairs and table set, sat down and colored right away. He likes to go out in the back yard and throw the soccer ball around. dh is pooped and taking a nap now, lol.

Waving at the rest of "Our Gang".........

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone,

Verleen, I think you know we are all very concerned about you. Have you thought of seeking professional advice to examine your alternatives?

If you have been watching the news, you may have seen the severe storm warnings we are facing up here in the coastal Pacific Northwest. Got all our cell phones, etc, charged.

Last night we have friends over for dinner and bridge, so we have leftovers for reheating, if necessary. If the weather isn't significantly worse, we will head to the southern end of the island to see The Butler at 5 pm, with friends that live down there, and then, depending on the weather, either go to dinner or head home.

Right now, it's a bit windy, but not horrible.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #9

I noticed the weather warnings while watching California weather news, Begete, stay safe, and you know the usual drill by now, good thing your cells are charged, and flashlights, too.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
We have been having beautiful fall temps the last few days. Lows in the 60's and high in the middle 80's.

Fall, winter, and spring is why people move to Arizona.

Otherwise not much else going on here.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank You Doris, for opening up another weekend full of promise.
Enjoy the family time.

We have had just glorious weather up here, low to mid 70's all week with sunshine.
I went to the Walk n Talk group again this morning and the sights were so pretty every where I looked, the sail-boats, the trees slightly turning colour, people all smiles and happy.
The water actually looked blue today with the sky reflecting in the river, the grass looked so green too. A perfect day at the park.

A big Thank YOU to Linda for showing me the video clip of the Camel. I love that camel what a cutie. Ha!

DS called from Vancouver, he said it pouring rain over there. He is meeting a group of physicians that have flown in from the Philippines so looks like a wet week for them out there.

Just going to make some supper. An evening with the TV tonight for ME self, as Lainey says, and DDs tomorrow for a BBQ.

Sleep well All and hope to bbt...
Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #12

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Getting in here late. Been busy getting ready to head out tomorrow.

Happy some of you enjoyed the Camel. That commercial cracks me up.

See you all in a day or so, if the internet works.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote