LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 27

This is another month that wizzed by, like a bat out of H E L L !

mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
here is a sample of the cement leafs and stepping stones my garden club has been making to raise money for our various projects like my vegetable growing with the middle school students.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off again Doris.

Love the stepping stone projects, Babette. They are really cool.

Off tomorrow to my eye doc to see about this cataract.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Friday to all.

Slept well but no cold symptoms- just real tired even after a long nights sleep. Robe and furry booties are too warm yet so it is for sure transition time around here. Cool this week but next week a darn warm up.
My Ila called last night and they are coming Sunday but dinner will be on my Birthday Monday. They are taking me to the ZOO & WHITE'S NURSERY. Happy Mommy here! Anthony got an ELECTRIC CAR!!! I cannot wait to ride in it Sunday. It is Silver.... darn I forgot the name of it in my excitement- not a Prius hmmm... a Bolt, Jolt or something like that ACK! sieve brain.
More yard clean up today and hope to get to the house work as well. Left clothes in the drier over niht so now I'll have to put something wet in there and run it again.
Yall all have a good day today. Looks like TEXAS is in for some heavy weather.
You OK Doris?
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...chilly here and hot tamale (to coin abd old phrase.) Outside temp at 43 when I got up and indoors 70 so nice and cool before we hit the mid 90's again tomorrow. Yep, Lainey, transition for sure.

Anne, good luck and hope everything turns out okay.

I'm off to the dermatologist for the scrape and burn on the rotten spot on the thigh today, then home again, home again, It's h^&* when the excitement of the day comes by going to the doctor's. Oh well, that's life.

Did anyone else watch the Michael J. Fox show last night? What did you think of it? I'm not really sure and don't know if I'll watch it again. I recorded the CBS show which is programmed against it, The Crazy Ones, so will see which I perfer...glad the new season's shows are on and wondering which ones will be around a for a while.

Guess I'd better get moving, hope you all have a great day...type ya later

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Mary, I did not like Crazy Ones at all.

Maybe my expectations were too high. Big Bang was its usual ton of fun. I think I will like the new one with that guy that was on "Will & Grace" for a long time. Sean something- Gay father changing the world or something like that. LOVED "The Black List" and will stay awake (with coffee) every week for that one. SHIELD was good but I couldn't stay awake. I need to learn how to tape them but I don't think I really care all that much.
otta get it in gear around here. Beautimous DAY! Jeepers Mary, do you live on the desert (one s or two- never get that right) ? Those temps are very strange from that low to that high.
bbl
Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #7

I'm late getting in here, we got up late, just can't get our butts up after 5:30 or 6:30 am anymore! Lazy here in Texas, but busy night with the kids and all here.

Lainey, I'm so glad Ila called and you have your Birthday plans all settled!! Now for the house straightening up, but that will get done ok.

Mary, we watched the first, well, 15 min. of the Michael J. Fox show, I couldn't stand it after 7 min. but dh kept it on, but then changed to wait for the Three Men, show, which we watched until that young broad ninny showed up, then I said, "I'm done", and came in here to read on the computer. dh went back to his ice hockey show, and that is that. I think I'm not the customer for these new or modern shows, people on there are just too cutesy, talk fast about NOTHING, or perhaps just can't stand the gasping yakking all the time. Writer's for some of these shows must be age 12 or so, 6th or 7th. graders, mostly male. Just my opinion. I'm not going to waste time on them. I wanted to like the new show.

Begete, I really like those stepping stones, wonderful job!!

Linda, I hope the cataract doctor gives you good advice today!

Isn't it something, how often we get out of the house due to doctor appts. though, my mother used to mention that, and I didn't "get it" back then.....but I do now. Reminds me to go roll on the stuff for my ankle/heel thing.

We spotted a yard sale sort of across the street early this AM, went over without any breakfast because we saw kids stuff out there. Picked up a little table and 3 small chairs for 10 bucks, we have been looking for that for our Silas for over a month, but didn't get to a Toy's R Us yet, so was lucky dh had been out front. Met the neighbors, too, they have been here 3 yrs. from Florida. Came because of a good job.

Enjoy the day, if you are able to, friends. Waving at all of the rest of our usual crew here.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry, Linda, I got my senior moment but I'm hoping the cataract doc has good news for you.

Doris, I agree...most sitcoms I consider a total waste of time. Thanks goodness there are other choices for us.

Lainey, I don't live on the desert (one ess, two esses are something sweet to eat) as does Doug; he gets the real extremes of temps. But I like to say I live on the edge of two deserts. I live at the base of the mountains in the eastern edge of the Los Angeles basin. A pass to the east will take me into what we call the low desert area around Palm Springs; it's low because just to the east of that is almost sea level country. A pass to the north takes me into the high desert area that is at about 4000 foot level. In the L.A. basin we have many different what we call micro-climates; areas in which the temps, humidity, etc. changes. We may have a difference of 20 degrees or more from one area to another and each area may swing many degrees in a 24-hour period.

Time for a shower and trip through the canyon to the docs...type ya later.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Morning! Popping by to see what everyone has going on. Not sure what the day will bring for me-little house projects here and there but haven't decided.

Begete-Daughter and family will be on your side of the state tonite. The grandsons are going to be so surprised this afternoon as their mom&dad are going to pick them up and head for Seattle to go to the Mariners baseball game tomorrow. It will be the 7 year old's 'best day ever' as he has become a big time baseball and especially Mariners fan this summer. Love those concrete leaf and stepping stones.

Didn't see any of the new shows. Have seen the commercials for them. Husband tapes 24, Revolution, Arrested Development, and hasn't watched it yet-The Blacklist so by the time he gets to watch them, there isn't time for new shows. LOL We do tape The Voice and watch it together.

Mary, also was wondering if your cough could be a medicine side effect(affect?) Happened to me for about six months a few years ago before I found out that it was an issue with the blood pressure med I was taking. Switched to a different one. Now every year when I get a cold, the "lasting forever cough from he**" happens but I really think the cough from the med started it all. Hope you can get some relief.

Always like to read about the changing weather and the different areas of the country and what everyone is doing.

Best run along and accomplish something. Wishing all a good weekend.

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

Hi, Joni!

Begete, how much do those stepping stones go for?? Just curious is all.....
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm baaaaaaccckkkk with a huge hole in the thigh. Apparently this squamous cell went deep rather than spreading out. They explained to me that wounds on the lower body take longer to heal due to less blood flow so it may take weeks for this hole to heal. I asked why the biopsy on the leg wasn't healed but the arm and face were....interesting, no?

Hey Joni, thanks for the thought. My pulmonologist had me stop the enalapril as he said that's a side effect of that med...I had stopped it for a week a couple of weeks before due it effecting a test I was taking and it did not effect my bp readings. And the bp is still low so actually will be seeing the cardiologist in a week or so and will talk to him about it. I had asked about the meds last year and he said the dosages were so low and I've been taking them for a looooooooong time that it shouldn't cause any problems. I think the new inhaler is helping but that always takes a long time to show.

Decided I am going to make a pot of chili and freeze up some individual portions as I've some leftovers I've got to use up.

Stopped at Wally World to try to find those little balls for the dogs which led to a shopping trip. I decided it was time to buy new slacks as I'm tired of saggy pants; I've lost the booty and now have an old-ladies butt. Tried on the size I thought I had dropped to and took the next size down, too, and WHOOYOO!!!! the smaller size fits perfectly with no saggy bottom. So I think I'm set until I lose the next block.

Gotta go start the chili or I'll not have anything to eat tonight....hope your day was a good surprise, too.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Great and Good news.... water bill adjusted!

Got a notice in todays mail that there an ERROR in reading my meter and the water only was adjusted down to 57.60 FROM 170.22... the sewage numbers I do not have but the TOTAL bill combining both comes to 78.90 due on Oct. 24th 2013. HRUBS bills every other month and is the only bill I pay in person at the tax office that is close by and so near the library (BRAND NEW & BEAUTIFUL) that I do a small pizza and water in my Cherokee and visit wonderful books for an hour or three.
Mary Anne is taking me to Mt. Trashmore (we fell in love with that place) tomorrow and then lunch for my Birthday! They are having a giant yard sale there so I'll need to get some cash in the mornin on the way there.
ok bbl
Old 09-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news, Lainey. That happened to me once on my electric bills which was astronomical to begin with but the month after that one I got was miniscule...so glad you got some good news today.

BTW, just watched the Robin Williams show, The Crazy Ones, from last night...t'wasn't Mork & Mindy, but not too bad, IMHO. Much better than the Michael J. Fox program but will probably not likely to watch either.

BBL, god willing at the Creek don't rise. BTW, I've used that expression most of life and just discovered the actually meaning. It does not refer to water rising, but the Creek Indian Nation. Was used by an Army commander who was told to do something and that was his response.

p.s. Dang! Just heard on the news we're expecting major winds tomorrow...oh well, Santa Ana's come and Santa Ana's go....(Santana, or Santa Ana winds are what they call the strong winds we get blowing down the passes and making our life in general difficult).

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-27-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: add a p.s.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #14

Lainey, I'm glad that water bill was adjusted, there is some hope in this world, lol. I'm still dealing with my old internet company, after all these months, yakking on the phone more than 7 times, saying that we have moved away to a state where their company has no presence whatsoever....

It's cool enough to have windows open all over the house, now That is a first for us!!

Good Night!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #15

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All, just getting here. I thought I had already posted on here this morning. Oh a Senior Moment or what???

Lainey, Glad to hear about your Water Bill. Great News!
Enjoy that Birthday outing sounds like a lot of Fun.

Mary, sorry to hear of your slow healing thigh. Hope you get that cough sorted soon. Those little coughs sure zap the energy when they are going all day and night.

I caught about half of Michael J. Fox show. I am not really into sitcoms but just wanted to see him again.
I recorded Blacklist, the Shield and Hostages. I still have to view them.
I watch Elementary, Person of Interest, Chicago Fire, Unforgettable and a few others and I am glad that they are all back. My recorder will be full. Ha!

Pleasant dreams all and hope to bbt...
Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Doris, don't just talk on the phone to your old INTERNET company, put it in writing and keep a copy. Otherwise they may haunt you for years.

Oh Verleen, just read about Rich and his stuff taking over. Put your foot down hard and now. Might be a good idea for Cathy to throw him out so you can have some peace.

Susan, if you haven't seen that Hump day commercial, I found it on Youtube. It's hysterical.

Mary, so sorry that squamous cell ca went so deep, but at least it's been excised.

Hi Joni, so good to see you here.

Lainey, you are very lucky that they adjusted your water bill down.

Not a bit of change in this small cataract , thank goodness.

Off to do a few things in anticipation of our Motor Home trip this Sunday.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote