Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THURSDAY'S ROLL POLY Call, Sept. 26 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/812912-thursdays-roll-poly-call-sept-26-a.html)

mykneesareback 09-25-2013 07:26 PM

THURSDAY'S ROLL POLY Call, Sept. 26

I'm putting this up now, want to get into bed and read my magazines, dh is watching some nonsense tv dramas that don't appeal to me.

Wishing you ALL well, get better from your colds, aches, etc. and sending extra hugs to Louise, Susan, Verleen, and anyone else having body issues not mentioned on our threads. :console: If I don't mention names, it's because I'm memory challenged. ;)

ocali 09-26-2013 06:37 AM

Doris, you memory challenged? I don't think so!
Just found a really 'cheap' coupon for a haircut at a salon not too far, so will attempt to use it today. And will pick up two med refills which I've called in earlier. Isn't that exciting?
One friend of mine lost her balance coming out of a supermarket last week. Broke the thigh bone and cracked her collar bone. After surgery on the leg she is now in rehab so I did visit her there on Tuesday.
So glad that some of the t.v. shows have re-started this week. I love Modern Family which had two new episodes last night. And, The Middle started, too. I think Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. My cup runneth over....lol.
I think I'll treat myself to breakfast out so ta-ta for now.

birdlady 09-26-2013 08:30 AM

Working on the thing I hate to do,bed making,glad I only have one to do.I wash the sheets,pads and return to the bed so I don't have to fold them.I do the three beds upstairs just before Houston gang comes,so that's not before turkey day.
Slept until five this morning couldn't believe it.lol
Have a peaceful day.
BBL

Mssarge 09-26-2013 08:44 AM

Good morning all. Today's the day I return to the pulmonologist; so, hopefully, I'll find out why I'm huffing and puffing and can't do anything. My do doesn't depend on the radiologist's report and has to see the x-rays his self, so gotta pick it up on my way there. This is so reminiscent of a few years ago and I thought we'd found the key as it cleared up really well. Anyway, enough of that...

Got to make a commissary run for dog food, too, so will get that done this morning...maybe pick up the house a bit, too. Does that sound like it takes a full day?

Hugs to all our ailing friends and those who need a one...have a great day all and I hope good things come your way.

mykneesareback 09-26-2013 10:31 AM

Julie, that is terrible about your friend falling and breaking bones, so painful and probably a long rehab, does she live alone? Did you get a good hair cut at the salon, I have a coupon for Styles America, but haven't had time to use it yet.

Mary, hope you find out what's ailing you today, so you don't have to go back so much.

Gladys, I was washing and making the bed this morning, don't like this king sized bed, as far as doing the sheets, it's good to help get exercise in though, all that walking around and pulling and yanking!! Glad you slept until 5 am, though.

It's slowly warming up a tad, but the A/C doesn't go on until late afternoon, when cooking is going on. dh was out front picking out weeds, he want to plant flowering ground cover there next spring, but I think he could probably do that now, here.

over and out

Norfolk Mermaid 09-26-2013 10:34 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

Got hair washed and stopped at the chinese take away and got a big chicken & rice soup. Feel real good right now for someone with a cold. Slept in as well which might have helped some too.
Gonna start Mt. Washmore as I feel sick doing nothing and feel sick doing something so WHY NOT do something! That has always been my way of thinking- anyhow as long as I stay by myself and try not to spread it around too much I' ll just try and tuff it out.
The weather is quite warm today so I just changed into some shorts and a thin top to do some more gardening clean up and then focus on the inside of the house which is really in a bad way. I plan to play like I am a dump truck and go from room to room loading myself up to the max and then dumping the back directly into the paper recycle bin... magazines, newspapers and old mail will be OUTTA here on this day. Time to shut up and start doing- I love to see how much I can get done while the wash load runs. I hanger most every thing so very little goes into the dryer- then a new load and etc., etc., till the laundry is done and I can ride the Dyson. That is my plan and I am sticking to it. For sure will cover my clean hair so I'll be good for my birthday dinner on the 29th and birthday outing on my birthday morning of the 30th- may ask for the Zoo or my fav. nursery.
bbl

Mssarge 09-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quick check back in again...thanks, Doris, for the concern but everything just came together at once...that's why I have so many doctors' appointments now. Seems like January and September is when it all comes at once. Trying to stay on top of it all.

Lainey, glad to hear you're feeling good enough to do some housework. Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I make a pot of soup, then crawl between the sheets and stay there. Whenever I wake up enough to stir, I'll get up and have a bowl of the soup as I know I'll feel better if I eat, even tho' I don't feel like eating. It's been a while since I've had one, so I know my time is coming...keep getting better.

Verleen, was wondering if you found some games you like...just finished my morning crossword puzzle, so was thinking of you. I read the L.A. Times on line and do the puzzle there. They have a lot of free puzzles that look very interesting although I stick to the crossword. They were featuring a new one this morn that looks very interesting, so maybe I'll go back later.

Time to have a bite, then start my out-of-house stuff...hope you're all having a good day.

Shalbrihil 09-26-2013 11:30 AM

Don needed to do some clean out behind our washing machine this morning. When I did a load last night I found water puddling coming out on the floor in front. So glad we have our washer and dryer in our garage. Now all the clean outs are open and I can wash more clothes again. That little drain clean out we bought years ago sure has been a life saver.

Need to do some grocery shopping soon. Today is senior discount at our natural food store close by us. I've got a bunch to get there. Doggies will get there walk as well. It's been to hot here lately for walking so they are getting excited when they see the leash come out of storage. Ha!

Lainey take care of that cold. I hate when I feel under the weather.

Susan I'm excited to see the US will be getting Downton Abby soon. Sure have missed that show.

Finally watched Castle and now I know what your meant then you went Nooooo! The other day Michelle. Boy, wonder how this is going to turn out! I love Grey's A. and Once Upon a Time. Oh yes and Revenge. They are must sees for me.

Well best start getting ready for my big outing. Ha! Don is just now finishing up the clean up.

SuSUN 09-26-2013 01:07 PM

Thank You again Doris for our start for the day. Love those pumpkin patches. Thank you I appreciate the well wishes, so far, so good I am doing really well.:up:
I remember Jessie used to post a pic of her DGS in the pumpkin patch. Kiran was that his name? She was so proud of her family.:love:

Mary, hope you get that problem solved. :hugs: Breathing is important huh? ;)

Sharon, I am still waiting for Once Upon a Time to return, I think it is next Sunday up here. Glad you got that leak sorted.:up:

Lainey, How are you feeling today? Were you able to sleep okay last night. Those summer colds are sometimes the worst for discomfort huh? Wow, you are getting lots done indoors. I should follow you lead.:clap:

Julie, that is great you found that coupon for a nice treat of a haircut.:up:

Gladys, I know what you mean about folding the sheets. I like to dry them outdoors in the summer months. I love the fresh air and sunshine on them. All Winter has to be the dryer. Turkey day is not that far away huh? :dunno:

Waving to All and hope to check back later...:heart:

Mssarge 09-26-2013 06:14 PM

Hey y'all. Back from the doc's and I'm as much in the dark as I was before...well, not true as I have a copy of the radiologist's report on the chest x-ray and he says "no change from previous reports." Guess that mean it's not getting worse, but no better. He's calling it "chronic fibrosis" now and not "emphysema" which was the previous diagnosis...don't know what that means and doc doesn't explain it. He's requesting a cat-scan now, so will be getting that done and then go back to the doc in a month...sigh! Just wish I could get rid of this nagging little cough...he did give me a script for a cough medicine which I'll get filled tomorrow. Sorry for the long winded report as I know others are having far more difficult situations than my piddlin' little cough.

Oh BTW, just noticed today is the first day of the year that it'll be darker longer than light...sunrise at 6:40 and sunset at 6:39 (in my neck of the woods, certainly different in yours). This is when I acknowledge the arrival of Autumn, when the nights are longer than the days. Had that AhA moment when I left the house today, had to go back in and grab a sweater as it was flat chilly for this almost-desert person...it was cloudy and 70 degrees. Was good to see the chill-bumps. The other harbinger of Autumn...winter won't be too far behind. But I'll just enjoy this weather while we've got it.

Picked up a pretty blouse and a couple pair of pj's which are nice an warm and will be perfect for the cooler weather when it gets here. Forgot my grocery list so was able to pick up only a few things but did get the dog food so the fur kids are set for another month.

Guess that's my report for the day, hope you had a good one and good things came your way.