LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 25

Another "HUMP" day for us, the time is buzzing by way too fast!!!

See you in the morning!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris.

The downside of not having a week full of meetings, appointments, etc., is having to get work done at home that those "commitments" gave you an excuse not to do.

Yesterday, I cooked all day. I have 4 giant heads of red cabbage, and I made tons of stuff out of just one, the other 3 are still planted.

Today, DH and I spent hours trying to pull brambles out of an area at the back of our property. When we first moved in, the previous owners had a sort of circular copse, of native plants, that surrounded a small grassy area where one could put a bench or chair and be hidden from the world.

DH and I ignored this area as we had so much to do to establish the flower and veggies gardens, plus the huge area along the street. Now that those areas are pretty much under control, we decided to redo that copse adjacent to the woods.

I bought some small trees and shrubs, but trying to clear the area of the undergrowth is taking forever. Tomorrow we are heading out early to buy some soil amendments and do our shopping.

Have a good one.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Sticking my foot in the door before bed to mark my "hump day" spot. LOL LOVE that commercial.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Getting close to my bed time but wanted to mark my spot as well. Nite nite.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Marking my place in line "wipeing up the rear"....

I LOVE that commerical as well- "HUMMP DAAAY"!
More leaf bag stuffing for tomorrows pick up. Gotta test the potty with blue dye for leaks. Mary Ann's brother read the water meter and saw the needle was not moving at all so with all faucets & spiqets turned off there does not seem to be any leaks. I could just cry with this latest $ disaster and do understand now why oldsters commit suicide. I thank GOD that I am not near there but do have a understanding of sorts now- very scarey worrying about a roof over my head BUT please no more suggestions of senior residences... eons away from there as well.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Another glorious Fall day up here. I plan to get out walking with DD and the dogs later this morning.
She goes for her run and then an other hour at the gym before we walk for another hour. I am looking forward to our walk and talk as we go. The fresh air and exercise is always good for the soul too.

I enjoyed the movie yesterday with my GF. "Blue Jasmine" just what I needed a complete change of scenery.

Lainey, What is the commercial with Hump Day? I will have to watch for that one.
Glad to hear no more leaks. Watering the garden too becomes expensive I find.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 09-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

SuSun, one of the best commercials I have ever seen.

A real camel walks through a office full of cubicals trying to get somebody to say today is "HUMP DAY"- lordy, it is hilarious and when someone "Julie" I think finally does his WOO HOOO is a total crack up. The voice of that camel is perfection and I bet that commercial becomes a classic. I put it right up there with the "Cowboy Cat Round Up" during the super bowl several years ago.
Having some cheerios for breaky but waited too long and feeling some nausea.
Potty Bowl passed the blue water test with NOT even a hint of blue.
Belt went into the next "lost weight" notch this morning and a glance in the mirror confirmed that my face wrinkles are turning into craters. Just another one of lifes countless trade offs I suppose.
bbl
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...so good to get a full night's sleep and not have to get up early and run out of the house. How did I get up at oh-dark-thirty for all those years? Even my last few years of work was on the 1:30 p.m. to midnight shift, so got out of the habit of the early morning hours. I've developed a habit now that I can't sleep well if I have a morning appointment. Guess I'll have to start making all my appointments in the afternoon...sorry for the ramble, but I'm Chatty Cathy today.

So, with nothing planned for today I'm wondering what kind of trouble I can get into...hmmmm??

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning. I got up and decided to work on my office area of my bedroom. I got some papers sorted and put away. I can't find my scanner any where. I'm wondering whether Rich broke it and is not confessing. He breaks everything he touches. Seriously. I also can't find the cable and power cord to my Canon printer. There is nothing worse than allowing a hoarder and clutterer to move your things. I'm at the point of just throwing everything else out and be done with it.

I have to find a place to put my huge monitor and keyboard to my big HP laptop. Its too big to fit any where. Plus Rich has got every nook and cranny filled with his junk. Just as I expected. We gave him the entire basement (partially finished) and a large (20 x 30) room upstairs for his stuff. But I knew he would spill over into every part of the house. And he has. I hate that man and I'm trapped at this stage of my life. He and Cathy have already had words over his stuff all over. She allowed him to move in here provided he kept to his areas. He said that's why he won't sell his house. He expects that some day he will be asked to leave this new house. He says he can't change who he is.

Now I'm exhausted.

Cathy is coming over later and we're doing something together. Not sure what. It depends on when she gets here. We're leaving Rich behind. She wants to give me a breather from him. All his yelling and screaming, etc. He's not a pleasant man to live with. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Babette, I sure wish I could do some gardening. How lucky you are. I have a large yard and could do so much landscaping, if I could.

I'm going to lay down now and take a nap. Have a good day.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Verleen, That is a hard row to hoe!

There is nothing I could say that would help you in any way. Just know that I care about you and will say my prayers about your situation.
I seem to have come down with a very bad cold.... drippy nose and a bit of a cough for a couple of days morphed into sneezing and firey burning sensations in my eyes with fluid pouring out of them. Ask myself "What fresh hell is this? and then the real snuffels set in and I feel awful- classic achey flu like cold- I need to be in bed feel like! and of course I got to run to the store for cat food.
bbl
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Verleen, why hasn't your daughter moved in yet? When is she supposed to move in? Perhaps when she's there, it will be more peaceful for you.
Lainey, are you sure it's not allergies you're suffering with?
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Julie,

Nah, I did think that at first but this is feeling like the Mother of all colds. My ex had bad allergies and so did my son till he was about 12 yrs. old but this is a pure and simple old cold. The Alka Seltzer Cold & Flu is helping so it will just be a waiting it out game. Sure feel rotten though.
Have a good evening all.
e.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #13

Lainey, Oh Yuk that you have that cold. Glad that you had something in to relieve the symptoms. Do take some much needed rest too. You have been working so hard on your garden all summer.
Thank You for the info on that Ad, I will watch for it. What are they advertising with a Camel?

I have been watching a cute little show the last couple of week, from England called WPC 56, it is about a Woman Police Constable set back in the 50's and how women had a hard time getting recognised to rise up the ranks. Some good 50's music played in the show too. If you can tune in to BBC you might find it.

Downton Abbey has started in England already, so it won't be too long before we will be getting it over here.

Waving to All and wishing you All a pleasant evening and a restful sleep.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG Susan, I forgot that part! It is one of the car insurance companies- lots and lots of competition between way too many companies. Two guys are playing quitars after the camel walks thru the office and gets the girl to say it is hump day and the camera goes to the two guys and one says "HOW HAPPY DO YOU THINK SOMEONE WILL BE WHEN THEY FIND OUT HOW MUCH THEY WILL SAVE SWITCHING TO OUR COMPANY?" THE CAMEL WALKS IN AND THE OTHER GUY SAYS "AS HAPPY AS A CAMEL ON HUMP DAY??" It is an amazing commercial- I love anything amazing which is hard to come by at my age!
bbt
Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #15

Thanks Lainey, I will be watching for that one. I usually record my shows and then fast fwd the commercials that is why I have missed it. Thanks again.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote