LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY'S ROLL CALLL, Sept. 24

Windows are open tonight, feels good to have some fresh air meandering around the inside of the house.

Let us do it again, friends............
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning and thanks Doris for opening the door.

Got a $441. something water bill yesterday. The City Water Co. is dropping off color pills to put in the tolet to find where the leak is. D*&^ near had a heart attack... course we all know a huge plumbing bill is to follow. Life sure can be tuff.
Too much stevia in my coffee adds to the yucky state of affairs- more hot kettle water should help that some.
I slept good with my little furr purr heater curled up on my shoulder all night. They are enjoying their tuna and juice right now. I finally gave up and give them each their own bowl- I bought over a dozen pretty small bowls at Big Lots a few years ago and they seem to be real happy with their own little bowl for their breaky and supper.
I'll be back later and thanks for being here to listen everyone. Don't know what I would do without all of you sometimes.
Lainey

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, LOVE your dog photo. It gave me a giggle this AM.

Ouch Lainey, that is a pretty large water bill. Hope the "pills" don't bring about a huge repair bill for you.
Did you ever think about selling and moving into a nice Senior high rise where there are no repair costs or maintenance costs to you?

Off to do my usual thing. BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...just waving as I'm out the door to the dexa scan. Sigh! Wish I could have scheduled the mammo and bone scan on the same day but they're at two different clinics. But this gives me an opportunity to run by and pick up my necklace I left with the imaging unit...does everyone have "senior moments" and forget stuff like that?

Type ya later...have a great day folks.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #5

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/152.8/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thanks Doris for the chuckle again this morning. I love it!
Did you get that estimate on your sun room?

OM goodness Lainey, that is huge for a Water Bill. I sure hope they get to the bottom of it and resolve that for you soon. Do they have an instalment plan? Yes, life sure does throw many curves at us.

Hi there Mary, hope you get your necklace back okay today.
I have an abdominal u/s and chest x ray next Monday both at the same clinic, to check if anything in my lungs or ovaries before surgery.

Linda, how did your visit to your home town go? How long of a drive is it for you? Do you visit with several people or just your Mom?

Nothing much on my Agenda today. Walk the dogs with DD around noon ish, then a movie, with another DGF, this aft. 'Blue Jasmine,' not sure if I will like it but she wants to see it and I figured it will be a distraction.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 09-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/135/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Mr. Rogers. I used to watch it when babysitting my kid sister, and it was a really lovely children's show. A friend of mine posted this on facebook. Hope the link works!

13 facts about Mr. Rogers that will make you smile. 13 Facts About Mr. Rogers That Will Make You Smile

Last edited by weezie; 09-24-2013 at 09:28 AM..
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning..

Going to be a quiet week. Nothing much planned.

Have a good one.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #8

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Louise, my boys used to adore Mr. Rogers, and I'm intending to buy some DVD's of his shows for our grandson, at least Mr. Rogers doesn't shout, scream and blare loud sounds at the kids...... I enjoyed his shows right along with the kids. Also liked Captain Kangaroo, do you remember his show?

Susan, wishing you well next week to pass those tests and see what the next step is for you. Does your daughter return tomorrow?

Lainey, I think Linda's idea would be something worth checking into for you, my mother loved her life in senior apartments, lived there for 22 yrs. That water bill would scare the heck out of us, too!

Linda, your avatar is right on the money, too.

Michele, I suppose tonight is another big tv night for you, my dh says NCIS is beginning a new season.

Mary, hope your scan goes well, and you get your necklace back in good shape.

Begete, isn't it great to have a week with no Dr. appts., we love when that happens. Except, now that we live where there is stuff to go see, we went out today and drove around like teenagers, plus shopped like fools. Found something called a "Half Price Bookstore", and even dh, who doesn't like books, wanted to go in. Spent some dough, note cards, Christmas cards, and even a Life magazine from 1954 with Liz Taylor on the cover, for $5, I love things like that, but I'm supposed to be getting rid of that kind of stuff??? Yet dh didn't say a word, lol. Bought some books for Silas. And so, the yard needs pruning, and dh still hasn't gotten it done yet!! Floors need to be washed again, and we are out like kids, fooling around.

Pleasant day to you all, I have kitchen chores to try to accomplish.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all. Back from Loma Linda, with necklace, now I've got to find some way to thank the great people over there. They said the "thank you" was enough, but I'll find something special, just couldn't think of it today.

Busy, busy week for me as I've doctor's/tech's appointments every day this week, now going into Sunday, too. Between the chest x-ray, the mammo and the bone scan, I think I've had my share of radiation for a while...I know, I know, the amount of radiation given at each of these procedures is much lower than it used to be, it's just that I'm not used to getting them all done within a week's time frame.

I've lunch with the sisters from the church today, then taking them to where I used to work. The young lady who's the communication major will appreciate our service. This is the center where we transmit both radio and television to our service members and state department personnel overseas...I had the best job in the world, with the best mssion, and love to show it off...thank goodness I still have access to the facility. Will also be talking to the boss about the volunteer job I mentioned.

Looking forward to tomorrow when I have absolutely nothing planned...hope you're having a good day, too.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

Yes, Doris, tonight is another good night for TV and I will be watching NCIS!

I guess Fall got scared and left, it was 96 on the way home tonight. It sure was nice while it lasted. Hopefully, we'll get another cool front in a couple of weeks.

Waving to all - enjoy your evening,

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/152.8/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Michele, I think there are a few of us tuning in to see Gibbs and Toni. Ha!

BTW, I saw "Blue Jamine" today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is well done! Cate Blanchett is one talented lady. She played her role so well. I will be surprised if she doesn't win an Oscar for it.

Doris, DD is back, we had an hours walk earlier this afternoon before I went to the movies.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote