Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SUNDAY'S Roll CALL, Sept. 22 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/812720-sundays-roll-call-sept-22-a.html)

mykneesareback 09-21-2013 07:49 PM

SUNDAY'S Roll CALL, Sept. 22

Starting early, sorry, but going to watch boxing with dh, and who knows how long it will go on, really? lol

Do whatever you can, WHILE you can. :console: :heart: I'm trying.

Norfolk Mermaid 09-22-2013 07:12 AM

Just holdin Sundays place in line.
Still feel funny wearing clothes- arms, legs, neck are not used to covering up or feet except for walkies.
Time for second round of meds (diabetes) and some peppers/eggs to break the fast.
bbl

SuSUN 09-22-2013 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning Doris, Lainey and All that follow...:heart:

Well, WE have a gift of 86,000 seconds today. How will You use them? Ha! :D

Glad you liked the pics of DD's hat. It is not what I expected at all. Seems a bit big for a fasinator :confused: Oh well, I guess it served its purpose.

DS walked to the Effiel Tower last night, he said about 25 mins walk there, and then again back. He said he enjoyed the walking to stretch those long legs after the flight and then sleeping. He had his supper in that area at a small restaurant and the people on the next table were from San Jose, so he had some one to talk to during his meal.

An Evening in Paris:

Attachment 51520

modon69478 09-22-2013 07:41 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Had such a lovely day yesterday - the weather was perfect, went to a pet nonprofit fun event, watched a movie with the windows open, and visited some friends and stayed up too late, laughing.

Today will be a little quieter - woke up to upper 60s :eek: - will make some cinnamon flax muffins, go to the grocery store and the gym, and get the laundry done. May even take the dog to the park, if there's time.

Hope you all enjoy your day,
Michele

Norfolk Mermaid 09-22-2013 07:51 AM

erps! frosted mini wheats and 2% milk was just too easy... peppers/eggs for supper most likely.
bbl

mykneesareback 09-22-2013 09:03 AM

Lainey, you and Mary Anne, had a whopper of a day, some good fun and sights to see, I'm glad you met her!

Susan, another lovely picture. We walked to the Eiffel Tower, back in 1950, when our family immigrated from Berlin, had a tiny room in a cheap hotel, and my parents just had to make that walk....but it was cold and very foggy, so you couldn't see the whole thing, only half. We did have a waffle with ice cream on it, on the way..........of course, I'd remember that part. ;)

Michele, it's such a pleasure to open windows again, lol. Had 60 degrees here. I hope you are able to get your errands done and take your doggie out for some fresh air, and walkies, too.

Hoping everyone else is "ok" today, and busy, Loretta is on her Panera bread wrapping mission, and Begete, did you get enough stepping stones made? I'd like to see a picture of that leaf/bird bath, if you could post it, that is a great idea!

Laundry awaits, and this afternoon, we are heading to the kid's to go to the Hot Air Balloon launching in Plano, seems the weather is ok today for that.

Take care.

Mssarge 09-22-2013 09:31 AM

Good morning all...typical Sunday for me; NASCAR, finish the wash, the Q, but enjoying the 59 degrees at eight am. We're supposed to see a bit of a climb in the temps today, but it is so nice having autumnal weather.

Sending hugs to all and hoping all have a great day today.

Shalbrihil 09-22-2013 10:14 AM

Hats... Doris I use to wear hats when I was a young girl. I use to go to the May Co. with my Gramma. She would always find me in the hat department trying on all the hats on display. Now I just wear a large garden hat when I'm out with D in the yard and when we camp a ball cap. I have a cousin who loves hats and everyone she owns was on her wall. I saw it once and It was a nice decoration for that room.

Today will be a trip to Sears to pay our credit card bill. That's about all other than heading for a lake walk which is close to there. It felt like rain yesterday but alas nothing. The smell was there so we may have had some light dew fall.

Scale is still going in the down direction. I'm liking that. Have a nice day!

SuSUN 09-22-2013 11:17 AM

Sharon, I wear Hats all Winter long under my hood. Ha! Does that count?

I used to wear hats as a girl going to Church, maybe that is where you see more hats today.

Doris, Glad you saw Paris and the Eiffel Tower as a girl your memories of the ice cream are good ones to keep. DS sent me a short clip of the tower all lit up last night on one of his bells and whistles on his phone. Doubt if I could get that on here. I think the kids are trying to keep me busy while they are both away, sending me all these pics.

I am off to the park with two GFs for a Walk and then will end up going for coffee afterwards. At least I will be moving my butt and getting some fresh air. It sure is much cooler today.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...

mykneesareback 09-22-2013 12:21 PM

Isn't it funny about hats, nowadays, I think people who live in cities might wear them more often. I just tried on the old hats, and none of them are done any justice on My head, lol. The older aunt who wore these hats had a smaller head, and had that kind of hairdo with the tighter curls, so the small hat fit right into the middle of the curls. One hat is from the 1920's, sort of a flapper kind of hat, 2 have those veils in the front.

Sharon, your trip to Sears to pay a bill, reminds me of my father, once a month, he went to Sears in Fresno to pay the bill, and we would get to walk around the stores and stuff, and maybe, stop at a place called "McDonalds" for a hamburger, lol. Was a new thing, and a big deal in the 1950's.

Gotta go do the foot exercises, and some weights before we leave for the balloon thing.

Susan, you are lucky your children think so much of you, they send pictures of their trips and wish you were with them! :console: You are loved, and blessed. :aprayer:

Mssarge 09-22-2013 12:57 PM

Sitting back watching the race and just finished the crossword puzzle which the major clue was "racing" so had a good time there. My guys isn't doing too good, so I'm hoping it'll get better for him...only 10 more races to the season.

I'm definitely in trouble with the Q today...they're doing a Christmas goodies special day and the gifts I'm buying may really up the credit card charges when they ship the stuff in December...even picked up a couple of gifts for myself, after all "I'm important to me."

Still cool enough for me to start my last load of wash, so better get to it...

mykneesareback 09-22-2013 01:01 PM

Mary, what is a "Q", I'm not aware of it because of mountain living, I think, lol.

Verleen 09-22-2013 04:32 PM

Q, short for QVC? I am wondering what maters are? I'm sorry but ionly speak in English.

SuSUN 09-22-2013 05:20 PM

Verleen, Maters are a slang British term for Mothers. Where did you see that?
Hope that helps.

I had a lovely afternoon in the Park with 2 GFs we ended up sitting on a bench near the band stand and a really neat band started playing. They were from Halifax so you know how all that toe tapping Celtic music goes. We listened for about another hour so some good fresh air. We went for coffee afterwards and talked for another hour. I came home and walked the dog.

Looking forward to watching some tv shows. I think Unforgettable is on tonight Lainey.

Waving to All have a pleasant sleep and hope to be back tomorrow...

Verleen 09-22-2013 06:06 PM

Susan, I don't think it helps. Someone was eating those maters.:laugh:

Mssarge 09-22-2013 06:46 PM

Sorry ladies, sometimes my typing is inappropriate and some of my southern roots show up in an effort to be funny...maters are simply tomatoes with the "to-" left off and slurred. (Loved the reference in the movie Cars....great dialogue from the tow truck "mater.)

The Q is the QVC channel (they're the ones who shorten it to "the Q"); love the Sunday morning show In The Kitchen with David. He has all kinds of kitchen-related stuff and foods; some of which are very innovative. AND being the kitchen gadget queen, I love window shopping. His show is on from 9 am to noon here, so it fits in with my Sunday morning routine; newspaper, crossword puzzle, NASCAR racing, and catching up on the net. There's usually nothing else on TV on Sunday morning to my liking so it kills some time.

Spent the afternoon doing the budget stuff and working on my books. Tonight I'm catching the final season finale of Dexter and Ray Donovan on Showtime so keeping the airwaves busy. Hope good things came your way today.

p.s. No Unforgettable tonight...we've the Emmy's on CBS and the return of Once Upon a Time on ABC, tho'. Hope that helps

LoveMontana 09-22-2013 07:19 PM

LOL Verleen, I think maters are tomatoes to us.;)

Just piddled around today doing not much of anything. Going to see the boys and my mom tomorrow. AND do a bit of retail therapy.

Begete 09-22-2013 08:03 PM

I am still in my nightgown as I awoke this morning with a horrific stomach ache, which I still have.

Plan on watching PBS tonight tho we have Emmys on now.