LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 21

Gee, we have met so many people through all the different message boards we are on, sort of like having "Pen Pals",

Saturday, anyone going anywhere, or doing anything out of the ordinary? We are staying put, but the kids will drop by later on in the afternoon, just for a spell. I'm still climbing Mt. Washmore.

Wishing everyone well, keep on the sunnyside, if you are able to.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just marking my spot for Sat.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I'm here, too. I have some bites (I think) on my lower legs. I think they could be spider bites, definitely not ants or fleas. I am putting ice on them hoping I can go back to sleep.
When I was lurking before I signed up, I remember Carol. And, of course I knew Jessie for years from a different board.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #4

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning All,

All dark still here.
It is the Wedding Day across the pond, as they are 5 hours ahead.
Hope the weather will be kind to them today.

We have a rainy day forecast up here.
Oh well, I guess Fall arrives tomorrow so to be expected.

Waving to All and wishing you a productive and pleasant Saturday. Hope to check back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Laughing at myself here - started out to walk the dog this morning, and quickly turned around to get my sweatshirt - it was in the 70s! So silly...

Enjoy your day,

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #6

lol, yes, Michele, we had one bedroom window open last night, and the patio door, and it is so cool, had to drink hot coffee again, find my long pants and a top with short sleeves, wonderful! But hah!

Cute avatar, Linda, see yah later.

Julie, you have really been on a long time, if you knew Jezzie way back then!

Susan, I hope the wedding goes off without a hitch, and you can relax a bit today, while it rains.

Later...............even the birds look happier today.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #7

Thank You Doris, yes the Wedding went smoothly.

DD sent a couple of pics, so far:-

The Bride, her sister and Ella having breakfast, early this morning.

1241085_417377675035694_14324273_n.jpg
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #8

Here is DGD in her role.

1241352_417428228363972_1878254627_n.jpg

1278267_417428195030642_453819452_n.jpg
Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
She's so beautiful, Susan - Just like you!
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #10

Thanks, Susan, just came in to check emails, and Bang, you sent pictures, lol.

Terrific, and what a great memory to have for Ella, she will always remember it. That's wonderfuly that your daughter and family could go to this family event.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...enjoying my morning coffee black as I'm on a calcium fast for the weekend. I go in for a blood test monday when I get the mammo as the endo doc wants to check to see why I'm not responding to the Reclast as I'm supposed to...guess that means I've got to check to see what all contains calcium again. I know I'll feel deprived as I love my dairy, broccoli, etc. Oh well, it's only for the weekend...I'll probably pig out after the test.

Susan, such a great ending for a wonderful trip for DGD and she is so beautiful...

Nothing special planned here and not planning on anything special. I am starting a pot o'soup this morning as I overstocked the veggie bin yesterday at the farm stand. Mount washmore is calling, so I guess I do have plans for the day. If N comes over, I may tackle trimming the hedge, too, for some reason I want someone else around when I try the new hedge clipper.

Have a great day folks and stay warm/cool, dry, and safe.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Oh, Susan, your photos brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful young lady and how marvelous that she got to be a part of the wedding.
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
We have rain,lots of it too.Guess my grass will really grow.
Had our usual Fri. meal,very good,Dh still on his losing streak,I did well so was able to share.
His foot is still hurting but looks a lot better,he is using the boot outside and the walker inside.
Nothing planned for today.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning....what a lovely girl, Susan.

Thanx for the start, Doris. I didn't make any more leaves this week; I made stepping stones, which I do not like as much, but easy to make. I made 4 of them. As you may recall, I made two giant leaves, both which came out pretty well. I took the less nice of the two home with me and am using it as a bird bath. The other one came out so beautiful, the women running the project are staining it a gold color. Should bring in at least $50.

Michele, you made me laugh when you said it was in the 70's so had to put on a sweatshirt. To me, 70's is HOT!!! We turn on the airconditioner when the thermostat hits 70.

Julie (with Bo) and Mary (the woman who is a court reporter from Renton who moved to Eastern WA a few years ago) are both Facebook friends. Mary is fighting cancer now. Rae, who is from BC is also on Facebook and doing well.

Mary, what is a calcium fast and why are you doing it?

Gladys...raining here, too. Is you DH trying to lose weight or is he ill?

Weezie, good to see you here. How are you feeling?

Greetings to Julie and Linda and anyone else I missed.

No particular plans for today. Much depends on the weather. This week is both the annual Farm Tour and Oyster Fest, but the activities are outside and I am still not enough of a Pacific NWterner that I like playing outside in the rain like they do.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Susan I've enjoyed your pictures and your grand daughter is just lovely as flower girl. Where is daughter and her new hat?

This is our rest day so will be nice and calm today. Scale is still showing downward in slow increments so I'm happy about that.

That pot of soup sounds so good, Mary. We have a chicken ready for tonight's dinner. I just may make some bone broth for a chicken zoodle soup with the leavings. Yum!

We have been enjoying our walks with the fur boys at the lake again. We are getting cooler weather in the 70's now so it makes for a lovely breeze there.

It's been fun going back to memory lane. CarolynF is an avid poster on the EFGT tread. I hang out there as well.

Take care have a nice Saturday.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #16

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Love the pictures of Ella Susan, thanks for posting them.

Gladys, talk about winning, I had the Power Ball # on my ticket this past week. I won $4. I bought a Mega ball ticket with $1 of my winnings. It only takes one to win.
Sorry Clarence is having some problems. Glad you won.

Carolyn F always had some good recipes to share. She was always active and involved in lots of things.

I will be traveling to Evansville tomorrow to help DS with the Panera Bread.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #17

Glad you guys are enjoying the pics.

I hope I am not over doing it. You are very polite to indulge me.

As requested Sharon, here is DD and her Hat.
Mother and Daughter.

MyGirls2013Wedding.jpg
Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh my goodness! Love that hat!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Love the fascinator, but I'm a hat gal from a long way back...still have some of my mom's and she's been gone 40 years. Really difficult to find a place to which to wear them, tho'. And if we hadn't wanted to see the pics, we wouldn't have helped you post 'em....so keep 'em coming.

Calcium fast...my endocrinologist wants me to cut out calcium for a couple of days before taking a blood test to see how my body is using its calcium. Apparently, my body is not reacting in the typical way to the drugs that are supposed to alleviate osteoporosis. I started on Fosamax back in the late '90's but couldn't continue with it because of the GERD. She switched me to Boniva ejections when they were still be tested (I guess Big Medicine loves the VA for testing)...and my osteoporosis lessened back to osteopenia but has gotten worse in the last year or so. I started on the Reclast a few years ago but "they" found that constant medication was bad for the bones...so last year was my hiatus year and my body ain't a'working right with it, so doc wants to know why. Before I get the injection of Reclast this year she wants this last of several tests (she's the reason I had the 24-hour urine specimen and a few blood draws this year.) Who knows what she's finding out but I'm sure she'll share with me. She's one of the doc's I really admire.

I know, TMI (Too much information) but I wanted to explain it...hope that helps.

The soup is on the kettle...I thought about the new pressure cooker, but went back to the good ol' soup pot (which is bigger than the new cooker). Roasted up some tomatoes and burned peppers on the stovetop to make a kind of roasted vegetable soup...got the trinity, broth and 'maters in the pot, now trying to figure out what else to drop in. I like to keep it fairly simple so I can add different things to it and change it up. Arguing with myself about throwing in a potato or not...probably not to keep it really simple.

The house is cleaner, the hedge is trimmed, the soup pot is on the stove..hope your day was as successful.

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-21-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #20

Well, Mary, you have been a busy cook today, nice pot of soup with plenty of leftover servings to tide you over for the future. My friend in Pa had a doctor that put her on those bone strengthening drugs, till she found out the drugs had class action law suits going against them, she got so sick on Reclast, she felt as though she had the flu all the time, for 5 months. She was also on the earlier ones that you had. Plus, her doctor got bonus payments for every patient he set up on those drugs. You probably know this already though. My doctor back in Calif. admitted to me that he, too, would get a "check in the mail" from the company that produces that med, for each patient he prescribes it for.

Susan, I enjoy the pictures very much, and that hat is wonderful, not for everyone, especially me! Your granddaughter favors you, I think someone else mentioned that.

Sharon, and Mary, what do you do with your old hats? Do you keep them in a hat box or do you wrap them up in tissue or what? I have 6 of them from the 1930's, in an old hat box, keep them up in the closet, but usually it was cooler where we lived. I wouldn't wear them though, I look awful in a hat, lol.

It has cooled down nicely today, no humidity at all, felt like northern Calif.

Have a good evening! Lainey, were you out shopping at the produce market today?

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 09-21-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Too pooped to post!
Doris, Mary Ann and I went to Mt. Trashmore (yep! a tall heap of garbage covered in soil and great grass built many years ago) and hiked all the way to the top and then down a much less steep back and then circled around and around with a rest on a bench right on a river to watch the duckies drift by. Beautiful day. There was every imaginable breed of doggie there and the people were so friendly it made for a fun day. I loved petting all those dogs. It was fun to watch the children "roll" down from the top to midway of the hill and go back up and down over and over... kite flying was huge as well.
Then we saw a huge Good Will and I got a beautiful hand bag, black swead clogs, fuzzy booties also black to match my fav morning robe for sitting outside and having my coffee PLUS- a collapsible huge bin that I been wantin for a couple of years- just riht for my leaf bags and I was thrilled as it makes bagging way easier, holds lots more as the bags are held much more open all the way to the bottom and ALSO just in time for massive fall pruning. My little "hooch" is sorly needing opening up the yards and a deep cleaning inside.
Loving the pic SuSan- the student is passing the teachers looks like and for sure keep em coming.
Doris, I still have a little round watermelon from the farm stand and some yummy corn so I am looking forward to pots of beans and soups as the weather cools down.
Sweet dreams all.
bb at first light.
e.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 09-21-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote