Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 20 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/812587-fridays-roll-call-sept-20-a.html)

mykneesareback 09-19-2013 07:33 PM

FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 20

Just starting this quickly, storms are moving through and power going off and on, weather shenanigans, but the "gurus" were right on about this one.

Verleen 09-19-2013 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 51494

Good evening. Here is another pic of the wallpaper up. I don't have a picture of the bedroom with the wallpaper. :dunno:

Tomorrow, if I'm up to it, I'm making spaghetti sauce and meatballs.

Snoopy, new puppy, had a horrible day with house training.:sick: Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Sleep well tonight, my friends.

Begete 09-19-2013 08:43 PM

What a stroll down memory lane....

Oww wow was Carol, and we keep in touch via Facebook. She and Carolyn, remember her? Are very much alive and well. Jezzie and Barbco, are no longer with us.

And has anyone heard from Linda? Haven't seen her here for a few days now.

Susan, I am also enjoying the travelogue and photos.

Tomorrow back to the greenhouse to finish up last batch of cement leaves and stepping stones.

LoveMontana 09-19-2013 09:29 PM

Been here since 1999 and on Atkins since 1997. Sure did enjoy the strol donw memory lane.

Yes I too keep in touch with Carol and a few others from way back then.

Time to head off to the land of nod for me.

modon69478 09-20-2013 04:44 AM

Good Morning All,

Looks like it's going to be a fun drive home with all this rain! Wish us luck!

Michele

Norfolk Mermaid 09-20-2013 05:26 AM

Good Morning and thanks Doris for opening the door.

Seemed to have stopped going down ever so slowly but guess it has re-started as a snug top and "button up" shorts are for sure looser yesterday and the shorts today. I'll take it. 2 daily walks with one being quite long but want it to get even longer really does work to help with the weight loss. Only thing is the mid section is only more noticable which I truly hate so thinking of doing some leg lifts- refuse to do crunches!!!!! Oh Well! I ordered a low carb FAT FAST COOK BOOK due to come the 25th. It is supposed to break a stall for low carbers. I am praying for beautiful pictures as I only like cook books with bright photos.
I hate to ask but are my post going thru? No one has mentioned my name in days and with this decrepid puter I am wondering. Thanks.
bbl

Mssarge 09-20-2013 08:23 AM

Hey y'all. Foggy and cool this morning so we're even getting some of the fall-like weather. I think we had a hard time getting to 91 yesterday and it felt great. Did y'all see the harvest moon last night? I know Texans probably did not due to the rain, but it was beautiful.

Doris and Michele, stay dry...those tropical storms can be surprising. I guess another one is building and should be hitting Mexico soon...will it hit you or us?

Yep, Lainey, your post are definitely getting through...wishing you the best with the walkies and the new cookbook sounds like a winner.

Again, nothing planned for the day, so wonder what trouble I'll get into. Have a great day all.

mykneesareback 09-20-2013 10:52 AM

Lainey, maybe your computer is not getting everything, I know I've mentioned your name, and Susan always mentions everyones name on here. Of course, this is the reason some people don't mention any names, because someone or other can be forgotten, since we have a large membership. :console:

Michele, I hope you and whomever with you have a safe drive back, and if you don't have to go near Dallas, you might be fine, lol. That danged highway 35 is such a bummer, we avoid it like the plague, accidents every day, rain or no rain, commuter stuff.

Begete, how many more cement leaves are you finishing off today? Do you know where exactly you will put them, out back or in front?

Verlene, very nice wallpaper, when does Cathy really move in? Sorry about the puppy, but that's what they do, oh my! Does he like to sleep in anyone lap now?

Linda, cooling off now, and able to walk at the Glen again?

Mary, enjoy the cooler temps, any visitors this weekend?

Boy, the extra loud thunder sure caught us by surprise last night, not used to that, the Cell must have been directly over us, that is why the satellite went out for awhile. dh was out on the front stoop, looking at the gutters, when bang!, sounded like a bomb in Berlin, I had to run to the bathroom, it shocked me so much :eek: :laugh:

Gas yesterday was $3.09 at Tom Thumb, and, we didn't need any.............not travelling very far anymore. Went to a Chinese place for supper, I was glad not to have to cook. Silas got sick, so they didn't bring him over.

Pleasant day to everyone.

Norfolk Mermaid 09-20-2013 11:12 AM

Hi all,

Weed a whacking trying to beat the rain that might come in early. The Dogwood trees are the first to turn around here and of course the burning bushes are just splendid red- it is the most odd red with the tones of blue almost mixed in with the pure redness- at least that is the best figuring I can do with that color. Mauve is easy- pink afraid to be blue and so is Teal- green afraid to be blue... both my fav colors with mauve just slightly nudging out Teal- no! the other way around. NO, no back the other WAY! NO NO NO, etc., etc.
I never thought of Texas weather being so strong but it is such a huge state I guess every type of weather is going on somewhere in Texas. Always wanted to go there my whole life.
I did not mean to push anyone about saying my name but other things are going on with this puter. I forwarded one of Linda's e-mail photos to me to Ila and then seperatly to Mary Ann. Ila got hers but Mary Ann did not so I just do not trust this darn thing anymore.
Begete, I would love about 10 or 20 of those leaves but could never make them and since they are so labor and time consuming I would never afford them either. I do not like the puny sized stepping stones but those are wonderfully large. Are they too heavy for table tops? I like them natural color but am curious to see what they look like painted.
OK, butter milk break is over and I gotta get back out there. Trying to pace myself as we did not walk this morning so I know Mary Ann will be wantin a 2 hr walk at least. We are havin to go a 5: ish because it gets dark so early now and really early if it is over cast. Too bad we cannot keep the long day light but still lose the heat!!!
bbl

modon69478 09-20-2013 03:55 PM

Just made it home after picking up the pooch! My team and I left at 11:00 from a suburb just north of Dallas and only took a break for lunch. Boy, the rain was hard and constant, and many wrecks were seen along the way. There's no place like home!

Michele

SuSUN 09-20-2013 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I remember Carol Oww wow, happy days, we thought they'd never end...as the song goes.:sing: I believe Carol sews American Girl clothes. :up:
CarolynF was so great with recipes, I remember,the Gal, was it Pam who had Bow a white bichon and lived near Seattle, then there was Janie, does get you wondering how these folks are doing these days. I FB but not too many friends as I only go on 2 or 3 times a week.:dunno:

WE had a another gorgeous sunny day up here today. :cool: I think the last hurrah of summer, tomorrow's forecast is rain and thunder bumpers.
I took advantage of it and went with DGF to the Park by the river and watched the sail boats, we did walk up to the lighthouse and back so a fairly good walk. We had about 3 hours in the fresh air, we ended up sitting on a park bench people watching and sipping a cold drink.

DS called from Paris and he is settled in and was ready for bed really early...jet lag. Ha! :eek:

DD sent a couple more pics, too many to post here. I thought you might enjoy this one below and the added story.:D
DGD sniffed out a paddock over the hill so they can't escape the horses even on holiday. Ha! If enlarged you can see a horse in the picture.
Wedding Day tomorrow so will get to see DDs Hat, she said I have to wait until the Wedding pics.;)

Attachment 51505

mykneesareback 09-20-2013 06:02 PM

Susan, it was Julie who has Bo, he is still around but had some major health issues for awhile, including being attacked by another dog while out walking, Julie was hurt, too. She is on Facebook. Janie posted on here a few months ago, but she does not come here often anymore. I wonder about Kay, she used to be a high school math teacher, and she kept records on how many minutes of exercise people did and things like that. Then there was the gal from Florida, who had a gift shop, and had to take care of her elderly parents.

I just did my foot exercises, now to go roll that pain reliever on my heel and settle down for the night. I think I remember my mother doing the same thing at this age.........;)

Doug_H 09-20-2013 06:16 PM

Memories.....

There were a few of us in Northwest Washington that used to get together once in a while.

Myself, Julie, Betty, Sharon, Babette, Rae, and another gal ?? lived in Renton and moved to Yakima. Maybe Babette remembers her name.
Still might be forgetting someone.

Doug

mykneesareback 09-20-2013 06:46 PM

Oh yeah, Doug, she used that machine they use in courtrooms, to transcribe proceedings, dang, her name escapes me but I see her picture. She posts sometimes on Julies posts on Facebook...........fleeting memories here. Betty is on Facebook, too. I think the Yakima gal is Mary ?

SuSUN 09-20-2013 06:47 PM

Do you remember Mr. Yokomo or something like that and Zip the guy from NY.

Doris, I do remember Kay the math teacher, yes I wonder what happened to her?

Thank you, yes I do remember Julie and Boo her little doggie. I remember that she had restless leg syndrome.

Doug we joined the same year, me in Feb and you in June. Ha!

Yes, 'Memories, of the way we were'...:sing: There seems to be a song for everything huh? ;)

Hope you get some relief for your heel Doris with that roll.:hugs:

LoveMontana 09-20-2013 07:30 PM

Oh yes Susan, I remember Roger aka Zip. Tod and I went to see him in NYC several years ago. Spectacular view from their windows.

AND Mr Kokomo. He was a hoot and loved to go clam digging in Washington state.

Does anyone else remember Checky and Ciel? They were here in the beginning too.:love: Most of them are now on facebook too.