LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 19

Let's do it again, friends! How many years have we been on here together, anyway? I've been here since 2004, but used to read now and then in 2003, but was afraid to post on any thread.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Been here since 2000.

I know a few who have been here since 99' including Linda and Tod.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Been here since early 2003.....

Getting a pedicure tomorrow...cheaper than the podiatrist.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
2004 but I think I was here then left but came back.

I do remember posting here in Feb. 2004 when my sister died but think I was also here when my Mom died in Dec. 2003... maybe a computer change got me lost in the shuffle. Who knows?
Feeling a lot better this morning after a good nights sleep. AGT ended well but I think "Forte" did really well for being Opera singers... this is for sure not a Opera kind of country- this classical music lover was astonded at how their voices melded together and their tonality was astonding.
Going to be a beautiful cool low 70's day today so it will be some slow gardening for me and house puttering- dish washer is going and I'll start a wash later on. Same old as we like to say here.
Coffee is yummy today but I'll have to go out to get something to cook for breakfast... wait! I got grits or oatmeal and it is sure cool enough for it this morning. yaaaa.
bbl
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Morning all,

Going to Florida for the weekend. Hope the computer will begin behaving and let me post everytime soon.

Have a great weekend.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Since 2002 and still fighting the weight but I have loved the comraderie along the journey.

Wow! Doris, that means you have been our unfailing start up lady for almost a decade. A Big Thank You for that along with Loretta too.

Today am getting DS all packed up again for another month long trip.
I will drive him to the airport this aft for his evening flight to Paris.

DD gets home on Tuesday so just the weekend on my own so I will be going out with my many good friends. One friend suggest a movie, Blue Jasmine anyone seen that one? I heard it was a bit dark.

Here is a picture of the country manor hotel where DD is staying. It sure looks damp and rainy over there. The way I remember England. Hah!

Waving to All and hope to bbl...

945984_235771826575630_1963273767_n.jpg
Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #7

Susan, enjoy that time with your son, what a nice job he has to be able to travel like that, wow!! Your daughter is also having a whale of a time, and a wedding to go to should also be interesting and fun. It will be good for you when she gets back though, but you have good friends there, I have not started the Roll Call for all of these years, did the exercise and/or menu threads for a long time, though. A gal named Carol from Florida did the Roll Call for many years, and then Jezzie did it after her.

There have been so many who have come and gone, but were here for several years, and I wonder about them. I have met 2 or 3 of them on other web sites, by accident. Usually on weight watchers site, or Prevention, and Taste of Home web site, there are low carbers and diabetic people on there for years, also.

I have to leave and do dh's lunch, and answer the phone, that orthopedist office is taking care of this cream issue for me right now.

Later.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning y'all...guess I'm one of the babies (at least here on this site). My join date says 2011, so that's only a couple of years BUT I've been around LCF longer than that so I must have been lost in computer-land for a few years. I have recipes I copied from the recipe room back in 2005, so I've been around longer than I look.

Cool again this morning but we're expecting 90-degree weather for the next couple of days. Nothing planned again, so I guess I'll get into some kind of trouble. Have a great day folks and try to stay out of trouble.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #9

Mary, I just threw away the tons of recipes I had copied from this site and others, never really used any of them, lol. Shredded them, no room to store them here. Do you post on other sites, too, with other people you know?

Off I go, Mt. Washmore is calling to me, again.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
SUSAN, loving the travel log. Does DS take pics that we could enjoy as well?
off for my thurs. hair shampoo and to pick up some nesessidies (spelling sucks) for the kitchen larder. Then ride the weed whacker before the afternoon hike..
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Here it is almost lunch time. Susan I've loved all the pictures you have been adding to your posts. That manor is just lovely. I bet it's beautiful inside.

I've been around this place for quite a while too. I remember the lady in Florida starting us out. That was when I started. Left for a while but never too far away as I stayed a lurker and was aways connected.

The weather's holding in the 80's and our little zucchini plants are loving that. My plan today is finding something to do with my eggplant. I saw a Geo. Stella recipe that looks good and easy. That may be the one.

I've been watching Call the Midwife on net flex. Season 2. It's nice to watch them again. I never tire if them.

Take care and Begete enjoy your peddie.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #12

Sharon, do you plant the same kind of zucchini in the fall that you planted in the summer? Just wondering, you are lucky to be able to do that!

Susan, I love that old English Manor, I made it my wallpaper, it reminds me of the places you imagine when you read some old English novel, ha ha. Thanks for posting that.

Off to do more bleaching laundry, found an old lace tablecloth that I used to use on holidays, going to try to bleach it a bit so it looks better.

Good Day.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Doris yes they are the same type. This is the first time we've tried two crops. The weather has been accommodating so thought we'd give it a try this year.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #14

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
I have been on this LCFriends since 2001. I lurked for a while in July and then began posting in September. Guess that is an anniversary of sorts, 12 years. I am addicted.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Back after having breakfast/lunch, whatever. Eating only two meals a day (usually) and entered into my food log which is on this 'puter, too. I discovered the lo pot roast from the other day, so have got to start using it....besides, it's almost cool enough to enjoy the slow cooker.

Doris, I don't post on other sites but check out several for their recipes and the low carb wol...I'm an adherent of the low carb lifestyle even tho' I'm enjoying the carbs now...soon I'll moderate them. I have tons of recipes that I've saved to hard copy, but most I've kept on the 'puter. Those I use frequently have a place of honor...3x5 cards in an envelope on the fridge and included in my personal cookbooks...starting a new one on the low carb woe. I started by writing about my mother's recipes for my nieces who really never knew her (the older was about eight when mom passed away), the second is recipes I've picked up along the way in my military career and now the low carb one. I'm including notes on the people, places and things associated with the recipes. Hoping someday to publish, at least privately for my friends and family.

Thinking of starting another zuke plant here, too...thanks for the impetus.

Time to see what trouble I can get into....have a good one, folks.

p.s. BTW for whoever suggested cooking artichokes in the pressure cooker...gotta try that. Right now I steam them in the microwave...looking for ideas for the pressure cooker as my memories are of my mom canning fruit in the big one. She had a small one but she used it only as a cook pot, I don't remember her pressure cooking in it.

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: add p.s.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #16

Dropped DS at the airport, kisses and hugs again. The drive home was slow as I hit the tail end of rush hour so just over an hour to get home.
I am looking for something to watch on TV tonight all the new programs start up next week.

Glad you are enjoying the pics that I am posting. I bet you are sorry you told me how to do it now. Hah!
DD et al, will be moving to the sister hotel tomorrow for the Big Wedding Party. It is another gorgeous place but not Downton Abbey. hah!

Here they were today with the girls in the Spa at the Hotel, Ella looks quite at home in the midst of them.

65014_416855905087871_897565514_n.jpg hah!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #17

Oh yes, Doris, I do remember Carol, oow-woo something similar was her Avi name. Then of course I do remember dear Jessie. BarbCo too. 3 lovely ladies.

Feb 2002 was the date I joined here but I was trying LC before that date...and still trying. I guess some folk like me just don't get it. Hah!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #18

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
I am enjoying your pictures Susan. Keep on posting them.

We have been around here for a while.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #19

I also enjoy your pictures, you are right about oow-woo, I couldn't remember it anymore. Don't worry, "getting it" has nothing to do with any plan, knowledge does not guarantee perfection. We can only just keep working at it, and take our chips.

A question for those of you on here around 2000, what kind of format did the site have, and was it owned by Netrition then, already? Way back then, I remember on Taste of Home, they had such a primitive web site, just lines for each post, and it was taken over by hackers every holiday weekend, they actually found the perps and arrested them, lol.

Have a good evening.