LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 13

I'm not saying what day it is.........but I'm not walking under any ladders!

Let's get out of bed and "go for it", friends!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm going to be looking out for those black cats too Doris. See everyone in the morning.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Leaving for the mainland early in the morning for a help appointment with Apple.

I simply do not understand all this cloud stuff, and now my new Microsoft computer apparently has its own cloud service.

I hope the date isn't fatal to either piece of hardware!
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL, it's my brother's birthday. He was a really bad challenge to my parents growing up.

See you all in the morning on the East coast.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I've always had good things happen whenever the 13th fell on Fridays....wondering what tomorrow will bring...

Did anyone watch the program on the presidential chiefs of staff last night...looked really interesting. I recorded it as I couldn't miss the series ending of Burn Notice and the season's ending of Graceland...hope I can find some time to look at all the stuff I'm recording now. Love having the DVR.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning to all. Thanks Doris.

Hmmm. Did not even realize it was Friday 13th. I live at 1313 Anne Ave. so I just accept the 13 pretty much. The brits think it is a lucky number I think. Just some weed whacking today in the new cooler weather that I will LOVE.
Need to feed the kitties, take my first round of pills and fix up a big mug of instant coffee and "git her rolling".
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all...temps going back up to triple digits here through the weekend so back to the cave status. Hopefully something interesting will come along...wishing everyone a good day.

Oh, I hope no one minds but I posted step-by-step instructions about attaching photos to yesterday's thread...hope it helps someone. If you use another site for sharing your photos, then you use the post from other url and put in that name.

type ya later.

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-13-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

307041_376129185779421_1184468185_n.jpg

Another thing to help Susan is to go advanced to see the attachment paper clip. Then before you post just preview to check it all out. When you see that all's well post it.

Hope this helps the ones that need it.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Good day.

Put on the wrist and ankle weights and set out for walkies with Mary Anne and walked for 2 hrs. (Missy- hates humid so if she pants she stays home in her crate having nappies) . Did not plan that big of a walk otherwise I would have left the weights home AND not worn the diabetes very thick toes socks that became painfully too tight in the second hour when my feet and legs began to swell. Did take of the socks but made it home at the very end of 2 hrs. and proud of that. Tired though but just took a pain pill for the acheing legs painful feet and should feel better pretty soon. It has been about 2 hrs after etting home from the walk and was pretty sure I would not need a pill but O Boy I sure do.
bbl

Old 09-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hooray, Lainey, sounds like a great achievement....
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Mary... the positive imput here really can mean the "world" at times. Seems support is getting real hard to come by around here (where I live georaphly) so I try to make sure to be real supportive to those orbiting my little planet. If nothing else a honest compliment to someone always gets a nice smile. Even though I wonder at times "where does santchuary go for sanchuary?" I keep in mind it is the giving of support that matters more than the getting. (spelling is abysmal but I think I just found out how to check as I go)... starting at abysmal- I changed it from abismal to abysmal and that seemed to correct it for me. I LOVE to learn something new on this machine no matter how simple.
Gonna walk again a bit later so will save whacking for the SIGHHHH very cool weather tomorrow and the next several days.
bbl
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
THANK YOU Mary, Lainey and Sharon for your input on how to post pics. I finally posted a pic of my little old man with his grey white face, as requested for the furbaby day Lainey, sorry I was a bit behind.

Here He is again, as I need the practice.

Prieto2012.jpg

He is my loving Senior Doggie.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
I was up and outdoors early vacuuming my car and emptied the trunk and back seat, as I was taking DD and DGD to the airport this aft.
Then, I had to go to the bank for buy a Sterling pounds money order for the Happy Couple that are getting married next week. DGD is going over to be a bridesmaid-flower girl.
DD's DH was already in London on business so he stayed and has now flown to Brussels to meet the girls. They are having a little detour to see the Olympic Gold Medal Winner for Horse riding at his practice stables so that Ella can meet him. DD knows the guy's GF and she invited them. They are on their way now from Montreal to Brussels.
With the 6 hrs ahead time difference they arrive at 8:35 am tomorrow morning.
I think they will be tired.

Other than that I got nothing else done today. Hah!

Doris, Let's hope it turns out to be an uneventful day. Glad you didn't walk under any ladders.

Lainey, Wow! 2 hours walking. Well Done! I too would need a pain pill for my legs after all that. And, you are planning to go out for more tonight?

Linda, Happy Birthday to your brother. I guess it is better than Feb 29th or April 1st.

Babette, Hope you get to the bottom of that pc problem. I would be left in the clouds if it were up to me.

Waving to All and hope to bb tomorrow...
Old 09-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan, you did it!! Way to go!!!

I finally got the pot roast going. Boy does it ever smell good. Cauli-potatoes are going to be the side made with a little cream and garlic cloves. Sigh! We are so blessed to have all these wonderful flavors in our lives.

Lainey enjoy your evening walk. This one can be nice and easy with a stop now and then to see the others flower gardens along the way.

Begete I hope you got your computer problems solved. Are your days nice on the island? Kitties being good?

Linda I feel for your brother growing up must have been a true test.

I spent my time in the stores for exercise today as you did, Doris. I gave my steamer basket to my daughter the other day she was here. Now I'm missing it and will be looking for another one for me. Isn't that the way it goes? Shrug..

Enjoy your evening everyone. See you tomorrow.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 09-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #15

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Funny thing, Sharon, I had two extra steamer baskets that I didn't use, at the other house, they were packed and sent here, but I haven't unpacked them yet, and daughter in law would like one, she has never steamed anything, so was going to just buy her one, but forgot to do that today, too....and so it goes, these "Golden Years"

Good for you for all of your walking Lainey, does your friend take pills too, for the pain? Isn't it weird how things we used to do without thinking, make us sore now? dh and I were just talking about that.

Susan, your little doggie has you for his best friend, and I'm sure appreciates your loving touch. What a terrific trip for your daughter, granddaughter and your son in law, do they take photos?

Mary, when is your next dermatology apt? I still have to pick a doctor from the internet for dh. Sort of like throwing darts........

Begete, are you thinking of getting one of those plants that you posted on F/B, the Angelica gigas? I'm just wondering if you are.

Linda, I hope your brother had a nice Birthday!!

We wound up walking way more than intended today, and my ankle/heel thing is sore from doing that, but oh well. Picked up the xrays from the doctor's office, and was surprised to see them just in a CD form, with some pages of referral stuff from the doctor to the orthopedist, I expected those large picture xrays like the "old" days.

Son and Silas are due soon, so need to get back to the kitchen.

Pleasant evening to you all.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Doris, I took that photo of the Angelica gigas in MY garden.....

Not sure I have solved my puter problems....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Tonight's walk was pleasant but NOT cool! I WANT chilly cool. Tomorrow is supposed to finally be noticeable cool all day and real chilly at night. YAAAAA. Have a church yard sale tomorrow morning and will for sure ride that weed whacker most of the day tomorrow.
Nothing on television tonight so hitting the bed for some puzzles and reading and need to sleep off those huge morning and small evening walks- yes, life is good for me as I inch closer to another year older.
Sweet dreams all.
l.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all from the troglodyte...these triple digits keeps me cave bound...did go onto the patio to check the new plants with a little drink o'water but spent most of the day reviewing, viewing and deleting some of the programs I've been recording. It's supposed to be hot through the weekend, but cooling off the end of next week...maybe Autumn is on it's way.

Doris, I go back to dermo on the 27th. Mine is West Dermatology which actually a chain, supposed to be nation-wide, although my doctor has offices here, in Phoenix and Las Vegas...he's a busy doc with office hours at all three. Of course, that means I usually see an assistant...are they PA's, too? Hmmm, have to check on that. I hate that hatpin trick to find a doctor, is there anyone in your town who can refer you? At least then you have someone's advice.

Lainey, I thoroughly agree with you...support is rather hard to find and is appreciated from where ever it comes from...I'll bet you sleep well tonight (or slept well last night depending on when you read this.

Hope everyone avoided catastrophe today and good things came your way.

Oh, BTW Doris, do you have a colander that fits one of your pans...I have a good stainless one I could use if I every lose my steamers. I have a set I bought too many years ago to mention for the microwave and I don't know what I would do without them...so good for steaming veggies, or poaching fish.

Well, I guess I've been Chatty Cathy enough for this day, type y'all manana.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection