LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 6

Friday already, hot dang! Go do it, friends If you are able.

Hope Doug's new A/C works well!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just saving my place for tomorrow.
Avatar is my son and granddaughter, Desiree.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Saving my spot too. It was a slow day and not much to mention. See you in the morning.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Things are pretty bad here. Rich is so heartbroken and depressed over Maxie's death. We all are, but that puppy was his best buddy and love of his life. He's talking very badly, "his life is over; etc." Cathy was here until 11:30 pm and is on stand-by in case it gets worse. I just realized that I'd better go hide my controlled drugs, just in case. I wish there was something I could do to help him through this.

I got my hair permed today and found out that my hair dresser is moving to Vermont.

I wish I could report a boring day. Let's all hope tomorrow is a better day. One good note. I found someone who will prune my shrubs for $140. That's alot better than the $1,200 the other guy gave me.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris.

Verleen.....I feel so sorry for Rich. Losing a beloved pet is so painful for anyone, but for someone in Rich's condition and in such a shocking horrible manner....devastating.

We are having some bizarre weather.....all day, thunder, heavy rain, then bright sun, then a repeat of the pattern over and over again. The thunder has been nonstop for several hours tonight.

During one sun break this afternoon, I ran outside and planted some pea and carrot seeds.

Forecast is for this to continue til 6 pm Friday with major flooding. We were going to the mainland Friday, but have decided to stay put. Rather not be at sea (on a ferry) during a storm.

If we have power, will make more zuke things for the freezer.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Verleen, so very sorry that Rich is in such a state. I know how that affects you, too. It was a horrible accident to happen.
On another note, so glad you got another guy to do the trimming. Sounds like a reasonable price.
I bet you look great with the new perm.
Begete, you're having a taste of the summer days here. Rain on and off all day with interludes of bright sunshine.
Have a good day, all.....
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Oh Verleen, so sorry for Rich's puppy!

My BFF is shockingly fixated on her beloved minature poodle "Missy". I also love that little doggie very much and I AM a cat person... she is so sweet. Mary Anne is starting to look anorexic and is letting the "care giving" her 86 yr old Dad really get to her. I keep telling her that pretty soon she will go into "robot mode" and become kind of numb- or that is what happened to me with my Mom's last days and then 5 yrs. later with my Dad's last days. She is a fine person and it is so sad to see her so troubled. Her "medicare" starts in a few months and that will be a big relief for her.
Sorry to prattle on... bbl BIG weed whack day front and back and one side yard.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Oh Verleen, so sorry Rich is having such a difficult time with the death of his pup. It can't be good for you either. At least you have Cathy there to help out.

Got darned cold last night. We even had a frost.

Back to doing laundry and such.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...just running through and waving at all on my way to the dermatologist. Will type y'all later...hugs
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Back after the trip to dermo...a couple of rotten spots cut out and biopsied and a couple sunspots frozen...itchy in spots now. I love the drive to Redlands since we found an alternate route to the freeway....it's a nice drive through the canyon and the orange orchards, past a cemetery that's full of those really large stones (makes you want to stroll through 'em to see who's there) and then the drive through old Redlands and the stately old Victorian ladies with the large well-kept gardens....a real trip through old Southern California,

I needed TP so decided to check Target to see if they had any clearance items on BBQ's and, sure enough, I picked up a small Weber for about $15 along with a collection of accessories dirt cheap...and a couple pair of house slippers for this winter also dirt cheap, Now I'm all set for a long cold winter...come on Autumn.

To cap things off, since I was near a carniceria that I like....I stopped and had a lovely breakfast burrito...off the rotation, but I'm happy with it.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 09-06-2013 at 02:08 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Just getting here. Busy day out at the Mall with two GFs for coffee and a browse at the shops.

Linda, there you go, as promised, I sent the Arctic breezes your way. I was blowing them across the Lake to you. We too had it cold last night. I had the gas fire on. So the dog was all snuggled up in front of that. Hah! Love that adorable DGD and your DS in your Avi, great pic!

Mary, Glad to hear that you picked up some bargains. Yes you are all set now for Winter. I too, need a couple of pair of cosy slippers. I also want some of those flannelette PJ bottoms. I love hanging about in those over the Winter months.

Verleen, so verysorry to hear about Rick and his grief over his beloved pup. It does take time and especially with the shock and circumstance of losing the pup. Glad to hear that Cathy is there to support you as needed.

Lainey, hope your dear friend gets some respite soon. Yes the finances can be a relief when that starts up for her. How are you doing today? That must have been rough for you on your walk to have the bleeding return.

Babette, how long is your growing season? It must be long to be planting seeds now. How wonderful.

Julie, sounds like you got a terrific bargain with the garden guy.
I wish you could send him my way. Lots of outdoor chores here to be done.

Waving to Doris, Sharon and All...