LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S Roll Call

Okee Dokie, friends.............another day dawns.

Begete, I have never heard good reviews from anyone that traveled far about their electronic devices working well, it doesn't seem to be better now than it was several years ago. My brother and wife are in Europe now, they paid some extra plan to be able to call here from time to time, mainly to check on my mother, and so far, it hasn't worked yet, and they have been gone 3 weeks already, trying in all kinds of places and situations. They get through on the internet if they use Facebook private message, but Skype doesn't work at all. Gmail was supposed to work, but we have only received 2 messages from them. Doesn't seem to matter if they are in a hotel or train station or in someone's home, stuff doesn't work, and it's worse now than 3 yrs. ago, they used to be able to call with a regular cell phone, standing out in the street. They bought their I phone and one kind of tablet in order to be able to communicate, plus sister in law has an I-pad too. Bummer!! Yet the prices keep going up for their plans, whether TWC, Comcast, AT&T or what have you. They know we are addicted, as Linda says, to all this instant communication stuff.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanks for the input, Doris. I think we will gamble the $50 to see if it works, but not expecting much.

Have to leave very early in morning for garden club as my neighbors and I are the hostesses.

Have a good day everyone.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning all and thanks Doris for opening.

Need to order and pick up the very last Rx from Sam's today (thyroid "Armour" 60 mgs to be taken with a 90 mgs that I already have filled) .
Upper 80s today but low humidity. Garbage and Recycles are at the curb.... gonna try to et a couple of stuffed leaf bags out there in time as well- need to hurry though.
Had to abandon my track walk yesterday and rush home with pain and bleeding. Am fine since later last night and this morning. That has not happened for a very long time and I did not do anything to cause it to happen. ???
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hey all

Maggie is better and went to school today. Thank goodness for quiet time yesterday or I might not have made it through. LoL

Nothing on the agenda today. Started a book last night and it isn't very good. Hope it gets better.

Have a great day everyone...

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
AT&T hotspot is our only internet connection. Worked great on our travels. When living in Washington we had Verizon but Verizon is not available where we current live so we switched to AT&T. As long as cell service is available it works fine for us. With the hotspot you can have up to 4 connections. We don't have a land line so we use AT&T for our cell service also.

Been busy since returning home. The AC is acting up. We need to replace the outside unit. $$$$

Doug

Last edited by Doug_H; 09-05-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #6

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Doug, ain't it always something? Just like our garage door stuff last Saturday, comes up to grab yah. We have in mind to have a screen door installed for the front door, and need a larger mailbox, but all the mailboxes here are set inside brick units, so, have to have guys come and take apart the thing, and redo it to fit the mailbox inside, lol. So we haven't called them yet, because of other money grabber things inside the house. Makes yah never want to move again, that is for sure. Hope they can fix your A/C, but maybe a new one will be more efficient, please let me know the brand you would get. We have a Carrier here now.

Off to get work done before it gets hotter.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
good morning all...just checking in and wishing all y'all a good day. Pulmonologist this afternoon but I know he'll have me go for a chest x-ray and come back to him for a couple of times...hope I can get some relief soon from this hacking.

Doug, what a trouble to find when you get back home...nothing worse for a desert person than the ac unit going out...well, maybe a flash flood rushing through the house would be worser...hope you can get the ac guy right out. Last time ours went out (the darn thing shorted out) it took a couple of days before he could fix it.

Again, have a great day folks...I'll type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
AC guy was here yesterday and added Freon to the old system to get us by for now. Supposed to be here to replace the unit this afternoon.
Doris I don't even know what brand he is installing but it has a warrantee and can be supported by local service. It's a split system with the heat pump outside and the condenser in the attic.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Here for a Thursday...the week is flying by again, as per usual. This morning the cable company came to bury the cable they put in on Tuesday, so that was quick. I am pleased with that.

Perfect weather up here, bright and sunny with cool breezes mid 70s and some fluffy clouds.
I am contemplating whether to put my Fall wreath on the front door in exchange for the summer one. The Fall season is so short. Soon we will be decorating for the Christmas season.

DS has headed for Montreal today so he will be gone for about a week, in Quebec City and Gaspe too.
DD and DGD have gone down to Toronto for another horse show this weekend. DSIL has to stay behind to work to pay for it all. Hah!
I will hold the Fort with my little Senior mini doxie. He will be my TV companion for the next week.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Susan, if it's cool enough and you feel "the snap in the air" then it's time to change the wreath...I remember in Indiana everyone had one of those stone geese and used to change the jacket on it to match the season in addition to having the wreath on the door. Nice tradition.

Went to the pulmonologist this afternoon and, sure enough, he's told me to get a chest x ray and see him in three weeks. He did change my med, tho', to an inhaler that's supposed to have less adverse reactions than the Spiriva...so we'll see. He also told me that the enalapril can cause the dry cough I've been having, so I'm stopping that too. Not long ago I had to stop it for a week and my bp didn't go up so I shouldn't have any problems with holding that for a while...I keep reminding myself, Doctors are always practicing.

Hope you had a good day, folks, and good things came your way.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Mary, I heard on the news today that all the high-end hotels are sold out for the November Formula One races that are coming to this part of Texas. The rooms were going for $1200-$1700 a night! Can you imagine! They said that sheiks have been known to rent out entire floors of hotels. That's crazy!! Was Nascar anything like this?

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nah! NASCAR is a bunch of "good ol' boys (and gals)" having fun and drinking beer...well, at high speed, and the seats in the stadiums sell out, tailgating is the thing and hotels and motels fill up with fans (most of the crews have their buses and vans they travel with). Formula one is more European and the oil guys have their runs in their country with lots of money to spend on it...always has been, always will be.

The end of USAC (United States Auto Racing, the sponsor of the Indy 500-type racing) racing as we knew it was when the Europeans invaded with Jack Brabham, Graham Hill, Jimmy Stewart et all...the cars went from good ol' US of A engines and bodies to the formula one type bodies and engines....if you detect a bit of anger there, you are right...that's when we changed to stock car racing and many of the drivers we supported did too...A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones, the Unser family...smoke to name just a few...we even pronounced the "x" in Gran Prix racing.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
...we even pronounced the "x" in Gran Prix racing.
LOL!
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote