Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 3 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/811383-tuesdays-roll-call-sept-3-a.html)

mykneesareback 09-02-2013 07:16 PM

TUESDAY'S Roll Call, Sept. 3

Let the first week of September roll, friends. :newbie:

LoveMontana 09-02-2013 09:20 PM

Just saving my place, friends. see you all tomorrow.

Mssarge 09-02-2013 11:01 PM

Thanks for the start, Doris, and we'll try to let the September roll...

Niece et al just left and I'm pooped...met 'em for lunch at my fav Chinese spot, then gave 'em a tour of where I used to work, then home for a good, long talk. Lil' bit (the great niece) has the same size foot as mine and I was able to unload my collection of heels which I no longer wear...don't feel stable in them anymore. Also, she is a fanatic about Japan too and we went through my tea box (tea box is about six square feet, so it's huge) after she said she wanted a kimono...unloaded a lot of that stuff, too. Then, we had a good time going through the jewelry cases and I gave my niece some of my mother's things, along with her jewelry case....things I've been wanting to give to the oldest grandchild but haven't had a chance to get up there. Their car is going to be full going back to Sacto, so I hope they make it okay.

Had to check in tonight, but will be back in the morning when I'm more alert...but it sure was great seeing them. Niece is talking about making another trip soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed as it doesn't look as tho' I'm going to get up there...see ya manana..

Norfolk Mermaid 09-03-2013 02:43 AM

Good morning- and thanks Doris.

Holding my place as well.
Want to stand on the front steps and watch the school buses do their thing. Still dark out so also waiting for day light to roll in.
Some rain but the muggyness X's out any benefits of the cooler temps. "Can't have everything I suppose".
bbl

ocali 09-03-2013 06:48 AM

It's a good thing the doctor's office calls to remind you of your appointment coming up. I was positive mine was next Monday; seems it's tomorrow. The 4 the girl had written on the card sure looks like a 9 to me...oh, well.
So, here we are post Labor Day weekend. Didn't attend the Chili Dog Picnic yesterday. Don't like chili and can live without hot dogs. I'll probably be sorry when everyone says how great an afternoon it was.
I did get to 'FaceTime' with all my kids yesterday, so that was a good thing. One was going to a pool party, another was waiting for a pizza delivery, third was working, and fourth was visiting a zoo.
Verleen, I am so glad that you're back with us. It sounds like your daughter hasn't moved in yet. When will she be joining you?
Doris, I can't believe how you've been so busy--getting right into it. Did the California house ever sell?
The kids started school here a week ago so the busses have been running, but, of course, not here in my neighborhood.
Hi to everyone.

SuSUN 09-03-2013 08:17 AM

Thank You Doris for our start as always.

A nice quiet day here after my work day yesterday. Hah!

DGD started back at school this morning. I have a great pic from DD taken this morning but don't know how to post only on my Avi. Grade 4 now. Whew! Time sure flies.

Mary, What a great way to offload some of your treasures, keeping them in the family. I know what you mean about feeling unstable in heels. I am kinda wobbly in them these days too.

Waving to Julie down in Florida, looks like DS is going to Israel in November so I won't be able to come down to Florida as I need him to mind the dog. I did enjoy my two Winter breaks one before Christmas and one after. Oh well one day I can spend a few months down there to escape the snow. Oh my did I say the "S" word.

Hey, Linda, Lainey and All, hope to check back later...

birdlady 09-03-2013 08:59 AM

No heels here either,been a while since I liked them.
Mary that's great to give that stuff away, hard to start but feels good when it's done.
Got my grass cut yesterday,feel a little bit of hurting this morning.I real love to do it but even with the riding mower it's hard.
DD went back to work for the first time in months,hoping she does ok,they put her on a 4 hrs.run.She wants to finish her time but five years is a long time and I don't think her shoulder will last.Does not seem like a lot of work delivering mail but it takes it toll on your body.She has been at it for thirty three years.
Today is my oldest DGD b-day,think she is thirty five.She and Baby Mason came a couple of days ago,he is so cute,growing like a weed.
Well off I go to do something.
BBL

Mssarge 09-03-2013 09:18 AM

Good morning all...so excited that Diana Nyad finished her swim from Cuba to Florida after trying it five times...loved what she said "you're never too old to chase your dreams and never, never give up." I've a new hero.

Another remnants of yet another tropical storm moving through our area and a new one is building off Mexico. I guess we'll be fighting the humidity the rest of the summer. In one way, I'm hoping this strange weather will heat up the Pacific enough we'll have an El Ninio this year which means that we get a wet, rainy winter....We've not had one a quite a long time.

I guess I was so tired last night, I couldn't sleep that well. Was up every couple of hours...it was great seeing the family yesterday and I really enjoyed walking down memory lane. Looking forward to a return visit and more chatter.

Probably not doing much today, just trying to stay cool and deciding what to do with the lovely veggies she brought from her garden. Have a great day folks and I'll type ya later.

Begete 09-03-2013 09:29 AM

Stopping in to wave "hi" - no heels here either.

Will spend today cooking....the zucchini is coming in.....

mykneesareback 09-03-2013 10:24 AM

I need some more zucchini, Begete, have one every morning, wish you could send me a pile of them!

Gladys, that mowing does wear your body out, it affects your kidneys and backside, but I guess some would say it looks "fun", too. I enjoyed the pictures of Mason on facebook. Hoping your daughter has a good 4 hrs. at work, and it feels good to her to be able to do it!

Susan, 4th. grade already, goodness, the years do flow by, I remember baby pictures. That is a shame you can't go to Florida though.

Julie, we have been saved a time or two by those doctor appt. reminders, too. Or sometimes we never got an appt. in the first place, were supposed to call. lol

Hi Linda, I didn't stay up long enough to read anything of yours, either. Busy day for many people yesterday, a lot of boards were near empty.

Mary, how nice to have that niece visit, and good thing you gave her things, so you could see the smile on her face!! My dil has has received a lot of my old stuff, she puts them on several display cases, but she has no china closet per se. Hope your niece can return to visit you again later this year.

We were planning on emptying more boxes, but I only got 2 more done, and filled up another bag for donation, linens and such this time. Rethinking some of the warm jackets, wish we knew just how cold it was going to get.
dh wanted to take it easier today, he is thinking we should go to Fredericksburg, and I'm supposed to look up information about that city now, for our anniversary in October. It's supposed to be cooler by then, so "they" say.

Off to finish the kitchen chores.

Waving at you who haven't been here yet, ;)

Shalbrihil 09-03-2013 10:41 AM

Good morning everyone. Had a nice walk last night with D and fur kids. We need a couple of things so decided after dinner to get them at Target and walk there. Now the hummers have there sugar and I have my yogurt. :D

Lainey I here The LIfe of Pi is showing on HBO so that means you can see it from a video rental. I'm excited as the book was so good.

It's still hot here so nothing happening outside until evening. I love to set outside and enjoy that time after a hot day.

Waving to all and will check in later.

modon69478 09-03-2013 11:00 AM

Doris, Usually during January and early February, you will have an opportunity to wear a warm jacket - it will freeze several times, and the temps are usually 50s for the high and 30s in the evenings during that time period. Don't give them away just yet!

As far as Fredericksburg goes, I think it is a place you will definitely enjoy - maybe 5 hours from you guys ?? October is cooler, relatively speaking - usually mid-to-upper 80s. I don't know if you're aware, but Fredericksburg has 'Oktoberfest' each year - Oktoberfest Fredericksburg Texas This year it's scheduled for October 4th - 6th. It might be difficult finding a room, but give it a try!

Waving hi to everyone - Am having a nice day today - tomorrow it's back to work for me!

BBL,
Michele

mykneesareback 09-03-2013 11:07 AM

Michele, your information is worth it's weight in gold, those are the dates of our anniversary, so I had better get on the stick right away!! Thank you for responding, we would love to be there at their Oktoberfest for sure :)

Msevon2 09-03-2013 03:58 PM

Good afternoon Goldies. Hope your day was good. We had a lot of rain and boomers today. I slept thru some of them. And I was on the phone a lot today. But I did not want to be at work so it was all good.

Doris, did you get reservations? Sounds like a good trip for your anniversary. How many years it been? Our anniversary was November 1. We were together for 35 years. Been gone since 2006.

Michelle, good luck at work tomorrow. What do you do? I did customer service but people changed. They are mean now and very very rude and got the me me attitude. I had to hang it up. They are like most of our kids now days. Awarded for their bad behavior. And the world is paying for it. I would not be here if I acted like them when I was growing up.

Sharon that ws a pretty good movie, but it moved very slow. Hope the book was better. But the movie was better than a lot I have seen. I still remember the lion. Good animal trainers on there.

Mary glad you had a nice visit with your neice. I have an aunt in Texas and not seen her since my girls were small. But we talk occasionally. She was mamas baby sister and the only one still alive. She was the one in the Air Force.

Susun, Did that mean your day at work was good or not yesterday. Could take it either way. When I was working, we only had 5 holidays a year. We were off new years, 4th of july, labor day , Thanksgiving and Christmas. I used some of my time for the holidays I wanted to take. Maybe things will happen and you will be able to go to florida for some of the winter. It can get cold there, but not as cold as where you are.

Hey Anne, Begette, Lainey, Doug and others who did not make it in. and a special hello to the newbies. Good to have you here. Going to watch a little tv later, so probably read some before Americas got talent comes on. Evon

Norfolk Mermaid 09-03-2013 07:22 PM

Sharon. I loved the book "Life Of Pi"

Just happened to pick it up from a "NEW RELEASES" shelf in the library years ago- I loved the tiger on the boat picture on the jacket of the book... never, ever pick a book like that but did that one. I raved about that book to anyone that would listen for weeks and then Oprah read it and she bought the movie rights immediately but I do not think she produced that movie years later. She loved it also and made it a HIT! I rented the movie on my computer and then rented it from BlockBuster so I could see it on my big screen TV and loved the movie. The opening line in that book is a all time classic and grabbed me instantly- "I will tell you a story that will make you believe in GOD". That may not be ver batem but very close.
Wanted to watch AGT but just too tired so will catch a replay when it comes on a hour earlier.
Good niht everyone.
bbt