LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SUNDAY's ROLL CALL, Sept. 1

Gee, when I was young, I'd be thinking of going back to school, and picking out my clothes for the first day, used to be fun, then.

to those not up to a lot lately.

Happy Birthday to Doug, if it is indeed Your Birthday today, Sir! In fact, I think Evonne had a birthday today or is having one tomorrow, too. Happy Birthday to you, newly retired lady!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Happy Birthday to everyone whose has a birthday today.

Thanx for the start, Doris.

Nothing muh to report. Had friends over for dinner. Tomorrow photographer coming to take mor garden photos.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello Everyone!

Gone Fishing!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
YAAA it is September!

90's forcast for today so I am already covered in a thin film of sweat.
Gotta work harder and smarter in the yards today.
Fixing Ms. SuSun steamed shrimp so I'll...
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Do any of you avid gardeners have a solution to stop the squirrels from digging up my newly mulched beautiful beds? Up to now, I just ignored them but now they're aggravating me. I spent a lot of money to get it all fixed up pretty.
Not as much as Doris did for the garage door.
BBL
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, Thank You for our start up. Yes, I remember back in England when September rolled around getting my uniform dry cleaned, and putting on my fresh white blouses and tie with very sensible shoes, just felt right to be getting back into those clothes as the temps were cooler then too.

To Doug and MsEvon, Hope you have something Fun planned for your special day.

MsEvon, I need to hear more about your retirement. I have been contemplating it for a while now. I only work a couple of days a month now so it is easy peasy and I talk myself out it.

Oh Yuk Julie, I am not sure what deters squirrels.

Lainey, sounds like you get a good work out with your gardening chores.

Babette, looking forward to seeing the pics of your garden.

Waving to All and hope to check back later. I am off to a Wedding Brunch with DS at noon for a couple of hours.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #7

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
It's almost 10 AM here, and nice to see a few posting already. It was super warm last night, didn't get below 80, but then we weren't outside in it, so will just keep this mouth shut.

Julie, the only thing we found to deter squirrels when we live in the mountains was to keep dogs, period. There are squirrels here, be so far, we haven't seen them in the back yard, and once in the front yard. Have barely seen one cat out front the whole time we have been there. But the neighbors say there are coyotes around often, and a mountain lion or two, so maybe that is why. Also have not noticed skunk smell anywhere. I've been around gardeners and been one for years, and none of that stuff that is advertised to keep squirrels out works, except setting up a trap.

Lainey, take it easier today, it's Sunday! Do you go to that church now and then, where they help you out sometimes? Do churches in the south have those Sunday suppers anymore, always wondered about that.

Verleen, hope you can make it to the Fair today for awhile. I can only imagine how much money that old house is costing you, but it will be fixed up then for a long time. That area around your flagpole sounds lovely, like in the Better Home's & Gardens magazine pictures.

Susan, enjoy that wedding brunch in company with your son today!

Evonne, it will feel odd tomorrow to not go to work, well, I know it's a holiday, but anyway......

Begete, which part of your garden are they photographing today, container areas or grassy or what?

Hi Joni, are you the one that contacted me on Facebook?

We are heading to the kids this afternoon, going out to eat Mexican food, and then hanging around their house and playing with Silas. That's it.

Have a good day.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

lol SuSun, I do get a lot of upper body and my walks with Mary Anne & "Missy" help out with the legs but I really need to target the abdomen and stomach & I guess the hips as well. I am told that walking works on all areas of the body but my arms/shoulders and legs/thighs are way more toned the the rest of me so I can only think that it is the work of the gardening and extra walking. I should do some- a ton of leg lifts before our walks- gym class in high school kept my torso flat a a pancake with the crazed teacher's obsession with leg lifts.
It is too #$$%%^^& hot, hot, hot for yard work even in the shade- I really did try hard to get it going out there this morning but it is sickening hot. Boy, when the humidity is doin a certin way with the high temps there is no working in it for me. I pray for people that have to earn their living out there when the temps and humidity join forces like they have today and some of times all summer this year. We did way better than last summer with 3 times as many "bad" days as this summer.
I do carry little hand weights and wear ankle weihts in the winter walks so that will help some with burnin calories- think I'll start that "tuesday" as for me SCHOOL STARTING means "FALL" has indeed come.
hmmm, what to do instead of being in the yard till after sunset???
bbl

Old 09-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Doris,

We were cross posting-
Jeepers I love mexican food and you are where they are authentic with making it. Before Atkins "spanish rice" was a weekly 2 DAY big pot of that and I miss to so much still and I gave of rice quite a few years ago... made it with brown rice a few times but that was just sad! There is a Cuban Town in D.C. where they make wonderful Cuban food. Actually, I love all of the countries foods of the world... Brazil is to amazing and Russian is quite the supprise.
Sorry, killing time here to avoid getting anything done.
bbl
Old 09-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning All,

I slept in this morning and am now rushing to get this day started - Will be heading to the mall shortly to try and find a few pair of slacks and whatever else happens to fit.

Will check back later to see how you all are doing - Take Care,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Its the afternoon and still waiting for Cathy to call. If she calls around 4 or after, then I'm not going to the fair. All the alcie's, druggies, crazies, etc start coming into the fair about 5 pm. Yesterday the state police had to come in full force. They arrested about 30 or so. Some were stabbed, some shot and some beaten nearly to death with something. The worst are those on 'bath salts' because they try to eat people. Poor Cathy and the rest of the hospital staff had to deal with these people. I'm for just shooting them all down and do society a favor.

I'm hoping I can fenaigle it so just Cathy and I go to the fair alone. I really need to get away from Rich. Its been a month of hell.

Still hot here and humid, but not as bad as some of you have it......bless your hearts. I've managed to wash my hair. Now I'm upstairs to finish the job, bathing, teeth, etc. Its a major affair for me. I loaded up on pain pills and cardio-vascular meds, so I'm ready for the fair. I feel pretty good today. I'm ready for some fresh squeezed lemonade, fresh cut fries (or salt potatoes) and a pork rib barbeque. Then chocolate dipped strawberries. I'll eat a little of each and throw the rest away. I just can't eat much. People go to the fair to pig out and that's what I pig out on every year.

My favorite animals are the goats and I like watching the draft horse and oxen pulls.

School for us started in August. Squirrels, cute little things.....ours plant hundreds of black walnut seeds everywhere. You have to pull those things out which hasn't been done since 2009 before I got sick. In fact, nothing got done after 2009. I gave up on tulips and other bulbs because of chipmunks and squirrels eating the bulbs. So I have plenty of daffodils and irises which they seem to leave alone. I had a beautiful flowering almond but some critter really liked it and stripped it of its bark.

I'm getting really tired and need to lay down. bbl

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all, checking in late today after sleeping in after a coughing bout earlier that kept me awake for an hour or so. I'm hoping to make through to my next pulmonologist's appointment, but starting to wonder if I'm self-medicating it correctly. I'm able to control it some but if it gets much worse, I'm afraid it's a visit to the ER. Suring wishing it doesn't get that bad tho'.

Verleen, hopin' you get to the fair today and that you're feeling much better...sometimes just getting ready is enough to take it out of us. Alone time is so important....hugs.

Lainey, take it slowly, it doesn't all have to get done today and, fer shure, it'll be there tomorrow if you don't get it done today.

Susan....I'm being bugged by my forgettery. What is the name of the small kitchen cooker that is in most English flats? When I cooked my spareribs in my Ninja cooker yesterday, the thought passed through my mind but I couldn't remember the name and it's bugging me. Enjoy your work the couple of times a month. I wished I had kept mine going but it was not an option in government service.

Hsppy September all...we used to go back to school the first monday following Labor Day, so this would have been my last week of freedom...although I was one that looked forward to going back to school every year.

tailwaggers begging, so I'll BBL.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Mary, Do you mean a two-ring hob? Usually in bedsits, small flats.

Thanks yes, I will keep working a little longer I guess.

I am happy to report that I did not partake in any of the food at the Wedding Brunch. I had a large cup of coffee and two large strawberries. I made sure I had some protein in me before I went. I have just downed two burgers when I got home so I filled up on legal stuff. Hope the scales help me this week.

Waving to All, wishing you all a pleasant evening and hope to bbt...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Yes, Susan, Thanks...hob...my brain was centering around aetna or inferno or sumpin' like that...'preciate it. Now my brain can go into hibernate.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Hi all, we are home safe and sound after 1.5 months and over 3200 miles on the road .

About the it's not my birthday I just meant to say that I am happy to be home after being on a great trip with lots of good seafood and meeting family and friends.

Spent time in Oregon, Idaho, and Utah.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote