LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, Aug. 30

Friday and the heat seems to be on HIGH for many of us, nothing we can do about it, find a cool spot and stay there, period, I guess.

I'm determined to try the egg steaming on Friday, need to do at least 6 or 8 of them, so they are ready to go for the weekend.

Lainey, you had some good fun today, ain't it great to have a gal pal and just get out and enjoy it?

Anyone having heavy duty plans for this weekend? Not us, sticking around the house, or the kids house, lol. That's it.

Let's try to have a restful night.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning ladies, and welcome to the newbies. Only 8 more hours and I will be retired. They are naming my replacements today. And giving me the going away party thing. I can hardly wait. It is like a weight has lifted off my shoulders. I have gone to work most days, asking myself if I was doing the right thing. Within an hour, I was positive I was. So leaving with no regrets, except not seeing my friends. It is kind of like moving away from my friends. But we can still get together. I also have a birthday party tomorrow night and we will probably cook out on Monday. And then I may go out of town for a while. Just play it by ear. Hope all yall have a blessed day. Thank you Doris for starting the thread. Are you going to change your location? I have not figured out how to do that either. I only moved 15 miles though. Bye for now. evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning- and thanks Doris.

No plans here but I'll treat myself to a 7/11 hot dog with mustard & onions- either sunday or monday...that seems to be my routine for summer holidays. Did a long walk hoping to walk off some of that fab. buffet. I kept drinking glass after glass of ice tea hoping to "fill up" but the food was so darn good but I did just take tiny amounts of just about everything but there sure was a lot of everything. That Mocha cake was the best I have ever had- could really taste the coffee.
I WANT to lose 20 pounds in the next several months because the smoke quit could really mess my weight up and I am terrified of that happening. Gonna weed whack the back yard and the one side so that will blast off some weight. I think I heard 90 on monday so I want to git her done outside today and tomorrow.
Gonna go and get the day up and running.
Did I tell you all that the police were here looking for a "armed and dangerous" felon who is the son of my corner of my house neighbor! Mary Anne's tossed the flyer that I wanted to use to call and see if he turned himself in or is still at large. My house is strangly located with it originally being a dead end with a circle so when the developed houses on the other side of the circle they straightened the road and built a house with its back to my side and then a house with its back to me next to the corner house and so on. Mary Anne/Father are beside me with their back to me and PAT with the son RYAN (he does not live there) is next door to Mary Anne with her back to my back yard. Mary Anne's back yard is at my SIDE of the house.
BBL y'allins have a super week end! I love it went school starts and we get our roads and stores back for 8: to 3: at least! Makes this one of my fav. holidays as it includes the start of fall with cool nights and mornins.
ta ta for now.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #4

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Staying close to home this holiday weekend, and in someplace air conditioned because it will be HOT!! Cool front is moving through later so the temps will moderate to tolerable by mid week.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...still expecting the thunderbumpers here again today...did you see the story on Riverside yesterday? Over an inch of rain in a matter of minutes, hail and heavy winds...that was about 12 miles away and down the hill. Then another storm in Forest Falls with boulders the size of cars being washed down the roads...that's the other direction from me and about 30 miles away...and we didn't get a drop of rain here. Love these micro-climates So Cal has.

Another night of not being able to sleep. It seems to come in waves, so I guess I can't blame the balsamic vinegar as I did the other night...that's okay, the good nights sleeping will come. I think most of my problem is the heat hat night...we're only dropping into the 80's, and I'm sweating up a storm every night.

Congratulations on the retirement, Evonne, I know how difficult it is to make that decision, but I'm happy you're happy about it. I wish I had "pulled the pin" a lot sooner but don't regret actually doing it. I still see my old buds and am able to go back into the facility whenever I like. I hope you'll be able to do it, too....at least for a little while.

Actually got a lot done yesterday and anticipating getting more done today...really looking forward to seeing my niece and her family on Monday. That's my holiday weekend, cleaning and getting ready for them.

have a great day, folks....type ya later

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Ok, ya'll...today makes it unanimous! I have lost my post every single day. And then have a time getting back on the site. Are they trying to tell me something.

So I AM trying to communicate. But they are out to get me! And my little posts, too.

It will be a quiet weekend here. I will watch Dirty Dancing as my own little Labor Day celebration. My mower is ready to be picked up. A week repair turned into a month. tomorrow is soon enough for that.

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be back when "they" let me!!
hugs to you all
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning....my desktop computer was murdered yesterday, by me, not intentionally. Took some advice from online friends....grrrrr

Well, it had WIN XP which Microsoft was going to stop supporting in April, and was 6+ years old, so I guess we were due for a replacement soon.

But what a horrible day it was....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

commiseration, Anne. I know what it's like when they're out to get ya....keep trying, we love to hear from you.

Just heard on the news that the rain in Riverside was over two inches and in Forest Falls was over five inches in a few minutes. No wonder it was moving boulders down the highway...now that's when you know "they" are out to get you.

I was thinking of making a run out of the house today, but I think I'll just stay in as we are expcting more of the same today....stay cool and dry, folks.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
We got the kitten at 1:30 this morning,it was a hoot.After he was out I fed him,he was hungry poor baby.
No plans for this or any other week-end,just another day for us.
Retirement was /is great for us,hope you enjoy yours.
Mary,no ac?
Anne,sorry about the post thing,maybe contact Sherry.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Doris for our start out.

It's another beautiful day here in SLO town. Don't slap me now .

I just made myself an OMM (One Min. Muffin) for breakfast and had my coffee. We're going to take the fur kids out for a bit to try out there new halters and the leash I bought. It set to have both dogs on the same leash. This should be interesting. I'm taking a picture of this!

I'm steaming more eggs today too. We have some red hot peppers from the garden that I want to use this time in my egg salad mix. D had half of one in his scrambled eggs this morning and said it was really good. Not too hot. I was a little scared of them but I love pepper jack cheese so will try them now.

Anne so glad you are determined. I look for you each post. I love Dirty Dancing. Patrick at his best.

We'll be staying home too. DS family will be at a park picnicking but they are young and can stand the heat. They stopped by here yesterday to catch up with us.

Time to start my day. Enjoy yours.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the thunder shirt seemede to work fine...it kept MeMe calmer when the thunder started booming...thank goodness, no close lightning strikes; but the rain did come down. Not as bad in some other places, but we got a good shower out of it. We have a huge cloud over us as I type so we'll be getting some more.

I forgot one of the handicaps of satellite TV....rain fade. At one time the TV went out for about 20 minutes so the cloud cover was pretty thick and I'm starting to get some pixelation so maybe it'll go out again. I've had cable so long, I forgot all about the downside of dish TV....oh well, I'm seeing my shows now and TWC is still embargoing 'em. I hear it's gonna be a long time before they settle.

Another cool thing about my tailwaggers, while MeMe was at her worst, Buddy would curl up next to her as if to comfort her...she's still hiding and not eating, so I hoping the storm passes pretty quickly as I hate her being so upset for so long.

I got my office all straightened out today so tomorrow it's the kitchen...hope you had a good day and good things came your way.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi gang. I got part of my desktop computer up and running. No email yet. I have to call TW on Monday.

Also I won't be posting any pictures ever again. They've changed the format at photo bucket and I can't figure it out. Its not worth me getting this upset over it. I am close to crying.

Over all, a really lousy night - all due to computer and TW.

We continue to sink big $$$$$ into this house. This week it was plumbing.

I can't find a landscaper that wants to work and I need these conifer shrubs pruned badly.

Tomorrow, if I can bring myself into a mood to enjoy myself, we are going to the county fair. I hate being pushed around in a wheelchair.

It is days like this that I wish I would just die and get it all over with. Truly.

I need to shut off this machine and get in bed and watch some lousy TV. Good night to everyone.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
I'm so sorry, Verleen, that today was so frustrating for you. Am sending hugs your way and truly hope when you wake tomorrow that you feel able to get out and enjoy being with your family who love you so much. Your friends here care about you, too. Rest well, friend.

Till tomorrow,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Just getting here.
I had another charity pick up today so I was glad to get 4 boxes of stuff out the door.
DS cut the lawns for me and I did some weeding and clean up. More to do tomorrow if its not too hot.
I met a GF for coffee around 1pm and we browsed around the shops. She is having a harder time than me, we met through another grief group 2 years ago now.

A hot steamy day again up here with thunder bumpers and lightening this evening, so hopefully that will cool things off a bit for tomorrow.

Waving to All wishing everyone a peaceful evening and a restful sleep. Hope to be back tomorrow...
Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
TW ? Verleen, I have heard it is at least a year to settle into a "new" place so just do the best you can and do not expect any more than that from yourself or those in this with you. I will be waiting to hear about things come "next" fall. We are all cheering you on and careing very deeply for you.
I am to tired to say much so I will save it for tomorrow... did NOT weed whack- went to Sam's instead $$$$$ just gonna pick up my 2 remainin Rx's and some instant coffee- NOT!
Had fun though.
bbt
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Verleen, Good to see you and I sincerely hope you can get out of your funk and enjoy that fair.

Photobucket isn't that bad since they changed but Image Shack is much easier.

Perhaps you should get a yahoo email account for forums, newspapers and such and save your Time Warner for family and close friends. That's what we do.

Waiting for that cool front to move in. This heat and humidity is a killer
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished watching 'The Women on the 6th Floor'. If you don't mind subtitles, I think you'll really enjoy it. Check it out. You'll even get a chance to freshen up on your French and Spanish skills!

Bonsoir, mes amies!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #18

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thanks Michele, Have you seen Crossing Lines, it is set in Europe we have just watched the season finale. I suspect it will be picked up by another channel.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll check it out, Susan - Thanks!